Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now I remember why I to get angry with COD4...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now I remember why I to get angry with COD4...

(Excuse the grammer on the title of this, I sadly can not fix it now :/)

Well, I recently got back into playing COD4 again and going through getting all the weapons again and I love how everything that used to tick me off about COD4, STILL ticks me off! :shakehead:

Now I know that at least most of you have had this happen to you, but PLEASE understand my pain with this.
    Why is it that the second a Martyrdom grenade hits the ground and I get to it in time to throw it away from me.... IT STILL GOES OFF IN MY FACE!?
    How hard is it to patch the Martyrdom grenade perk so that we can actually be able to save our asses, instand of having to run for our lives away from ONE GRENADE!? and even with normal grenades this happens. I can understand if the grenade has been sitting there for like 3 seconds and I walk up to it and it blows up, that is normal, but why is it with mainly that Martyrdom grenades will go off within a second of it downing to the ground and that even if you try your best to pick it up on time, it will just go off in your face.

Why do some of the weapons suck still? We are on patch 1.7 now and you can't tell me you can't just fix a few of the weapons. Why does the G3 have to be stuck on single fire? Make it at least semi-auto, so I am not breaking my mouse trying to click as fast as I can to kill just one guy. Also why is the Mini Uzi still an out of contral weapon? the only thing that can make that thing work right and kill people and even to get headshots is to put the silencer on it. Just patch it so that the recoil actually is relatively like real life.
    Why is the R700's recoil so bad? Everytime I fire just one round, I feel like my guy who is firing it just broke his arm as if he was firing an Elephant gun!
    and with another sniper rifle, why does the M21 feel like I am just shooting mosquitoes at people instant of bullets? I swear, one time it took 2 shots in the chest and one in the head to down 1 guy. :icon_confused:

Why does everyone feel the need to be a total A-hole and put Martyrdom on? I swear on almost every server that is at least a whole side a team worth of guys that just wear Martyrdom, that are level 55, and have it on for no real reason at all. If you all have not noticed, explosives in COD4 = lag and about 30 people all dieing and who have Martyrdom on, you don't think that server will lag? OF COURSE IT WILL! if you already have the Martyrdom Challenge done, do us all a favor and NEVER PUT THAT PERK ON EVER AGAIN! and for god sakes, patch Martyrdom so that it will only go off if you still have a grenade lefted to use, instant of it just magically coming out of a dead body and killing everyone. Also what happened with claymores? They use to be very balanced and did actually do their work right, BUT NOW they do not even kill people, they just hurt them enough to be in the red zone.... who nerfed the claymores? seriously :gob_icon_evil:

Even the perks are mostly useless now a days. The only ones I ever see being good are Slight of hand, Bandolier. and Deep Impact. Overkill is a waste of a perk space and should just be a unlockable ability to just have 2 main weapons and a sidearm after you unlock it. UAV Jammer is a awesome perk, but again sadly it also wastes a good perk space and just needs to be a ability that you can take on and off. Dead Silence, Sonic Boom, Extreme Conditioning, Eavesdrop, Bomb Squad, and Double Tap should all be unlockable abilities you can turn on and off instant of being space wasters in the perk spaces. and if you won't change that, at least give us more perk spaces to put more in, instant of just 3. This goes the same with the Grip for the LMs and the shotguns, so instant of taking of a perk spot, it will just go on the weapon after you unlock it and will just stay on, unless you want to take it off or back on.

There seems to be so many problems that are not adressed, it is unbeileveable. Note, I didn't even say anything about the maps themselves, nor anything about the choppers and jets. But I'll get to those when some people start posing here.
    Share your thoughs and if you agree with me or not on this thread here. :salute:

Re: Now I remember why I to get angry with COD4...

I admit to having one kit setup with martyrdom, if everyone is doing it and in a good number of servers I played most are, why should I stick to some level of purity

Your points are well taken though, I just run from nades when I can

Comment

Martdome is a c*** and always will be! the idea of it only working if u have a nade in ur kit is a great one because most the people who use marty are the noobs that throw all their nades at the beginning of a new map anyway..

All the sniper rifles are nerfed just look at the .50 cal.

If u want an auto G3 u can always bind fire to scroll.

The Clymores are pretty lame seeying though alot of the time people can run directly into mine and not even get harmed due to the slow reaction time before it explodes.

I have never had a problem with the UZI.

I dont agree with you on the perk system, Except maybe the overkill idea.

As for the air suppot they should increase the kills needed for an airstrike to 7 and heli 9 when in HC mode, and 6 - 8 for normal mode. Other than that you couldnt really balance it out much more.

ALSO something they should change is let us use our godamn attachments!! a silenced M4 with red dot would be sweet.. and so would a silenced M40A wheres that?

Snipers really got shted on in this game because even the ghillie suit is useless due to the games poor post processing.

A bit of increased accuracy for the ACOG wuld be REAL nice.. Though i still think the hit detection in this game is stuffed.. Especially when ur moving and shooting.

Ohh and FFS FIX THE SPAWN SYSTEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Good rant, but honestly, IW will not listen, with COD5 around the corner.... My second thing I say to people like you...

Get Good, Join a TGL/CAL team, eliminates the gay perks that you people hate.

Comment

The best advice i can give you and belivie me it is, is just go to 16, 18 slots or 20 slots servers. The maps are not made for 32-60 slots.

Comment

Try smaller servers, less martyrdom. I like the G3 as it is. I miss bolt action rifles from the CoD's in WWII. For the perks, using UAV jammer, dead silence, and bandolier (plus silencer on main gun and pistol) = ninja of doom.

To change weapons is to change the game. I can understand some fixes, but for completely rehauling some weapons would completely unbalance other aspects of the game. There are mods out there that change how the weapons work.

The marty nade should not have extra strength, and the last stand should not provide protection, but they do, so I simply go to a server where those aren't allowed or aren't used much. Try diff servers, diff gametypes, etc. CoD4 is a good game, but it won't make you happy on every server out there. :thumbsup:

Comment

To the OP. Have you ever fired a Mini Uzi IRL? I would say that COD4's version of the UZI is a little more accurate, and has LESS recoil than its IRL companion. But remember, this is only a game, and far from IRL. Firing a fully automatic Mini Uzi is ridiculously hard to control, especially with no stock.

Comment

1 word:
                Adapt.

I know that sound like a douchy thing to say, but you need to figure out what your enemy is doing and adapt to it...so the entire other team is using mardy; stay back and snipe (you dont have to use a sniper rifle, maybe a g3 or another long range weapon). The only time you can throw a mardy nade away is when you've knifed the person, dont try any other time. If the recoil on the r700 is too bad, then use the m40. If the m21 feels too weak use the draganov.

You can ***** and moan all you want, but its not going to make things better. The thing you can do to make things better is learn what your good with and what your not good with, then use what your comfortable with. If you take a deep breath and try to adapt to the combat situation you may find a new a better way to play and deal with your annoyances.

Comment

Originally posted by b` m3ow View Post
                  Good rant, but honestly, IW will not listen, with COD5 around the corner....
                  IW has nothing to do with COD5

Originally posted by EyeofG View Post

There seems to be so many problems that are not adressed, it is unbeileveable. Note, I didn't even say anything about the maps themselves, nor anything about the choppers and jets. But I'll get to those when some people start posing here.
                  Share your thoughs and if you agree with me or not on this thread here. :salute:
                  Sounds like you don't like the game. Most of the issues you bring up are only a problem to a few. I agree martyrdom sucks, but there are plenty of modded servers out there that don't use martyrdom. Remember, it's just a game, it's not life and death. Maybe you just need a new game to play. Battlefield Heroes is right around the corner:laugh:.

Comment

^ lol true.

Comment

i simply don't play COD anymore, especially after reaching the top prestige, i mainly stopped playing because bad company is out and i play that, but there were loads of little things that drove me away from playing CoD 4.

You mentioned martydom, just one of the small things that annoyed me, i could go on but no need, you get the idea.

Comment

GTFO TDM

Welcome S&D

Comment

^^ Honestly one of the smartest decisions I ever made - it's almost like a whole new game, especially with the PAM4 mod. Same as M3 said, get involved in some leagues/competitions such as TGL and CAL, you'll find it to be a much more demanding and exciting experience.

@ OP, I completely disagree with your perks rant. If you could easily switch off between double tap, stopping power, uav jammer, etc. the game would be extremely unbalanced. Get good with your weapons/play style regardless of perks and you'll find that the perks just give you an extra boost in firefights.

Comment

Originally posted by BigFeet View Post
                            IW has nothing to do with COD5

Sounds like you don't like the game. Most of the issues you bring up are only a problem to a few. I agree martyrdom sucks, but there are plenty of modded servers out there that don't use martyrdom. Remember, it's just a game, it's not life and death. Maybe you just need a new game to play. Battlefield Heroes is right around the corner:laugh:.
                            I do not hate the game at all and I think it can be pretty awesome at times. But when these little things get to you, it makes it hard to see COD4 the same again. and Battlefield Heroes is a poor excuse of a TF2 clone, sorry to say.

Comment

Do what m3ow said, and join a TWL/CAL team.

Gets rid of all the perks you hate...

Also stop using the G3, or the Uzi, whats the point when you can just use an AK?

Comment

Working...
                              X