• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: why the hate?

REASON:

voss is great short range

voss is great medium range

voss is great long range

see a pattern there? every other gun has its 2 ranges is good at and sucks in the third. eg. all other assault rifles & lmgs, medium -> long

smgs, (engie & specops) short -> medium

also the huge ammo capacity is very forgiving IE. after you down maybe 2 guys with a krylov you only have around say 12-15 bullets left, on a normal server thats not enough to guarantee you will survive the next encounter, forcing you to reload and waste those bullets. This means you have to beat the braindead support players on your team for ammo more, the voss doesnt suffer from this as much, you normally die before running out...

Comment

Originally posted by yesiaMz View Post
      i love the voss because you have the power to mow down a squad or two without reloading.
      And therein lies the point :laugh:

Comment

The only weapons I care about being killed with are the knife and pilum. I don't care about the others.

Comment

Originally posted by XxSTAM1NAxX View Post
          pilum
          Oooooh, all those fond memories of sniper duels. :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by Shurikane
            Oooooh, all those fond memories of sniper duels. :laugh:
            ya, those are always fun.....

Comment

I've found that the Voss allows a lot of people to reach their BF IQ peak far too early. They begin to rely so much on having 40 bullets to be able to kill someone that they don't mind using all 40 on one guy. I've seen many teammates shoot at something a fair ways off and just stand (yes, stand, not crouch or prone) and hold down the trigger. Bullets fly everywhere and with enough of them they manage to somehow get the kill. Now, as a self-confessed Baur whore, that simply will not do, but with the Voss you can get away with it. Granted, the people that are actually smart that use it will rape with it, but it's the newb-friendliness that gets under most peoples' skin.

~Wolfgang

Comment

man yeah i used the voss last night. all of you guys talking about its weaknesses and stuff dont know what your talking about, i know for a fact that my scores were marginally higher than they would have been with the other ARs. it has the best stopping power at close range because of ROF and then you can brainshot people that are far away because of low recoil and then you can survive certain situations where normally you woudnt because of the extra bullets. in general i was just surpised at how fast peopl died while using this gun i thought it was a glitch or something but no its the voss. but then this is talking about a crowded 50 person campG. but then cerber or tunis would have been the same thing. I do admit yeah i enjoy how its a little easier to kill people and stay alive while using it, its hard not to want to take advantage of, i do have the most time with it afterall but then because im a scrub i get the typical thoughts in my head that im using a noob gun, im the same as everyone else and the gun doesnt warrant the same respect. nonetheless effective though. idk i just dont want to start using it all the time and then suck with the other guns.

think about it though as with someone making the comment about if the voss was gone than some other gun would take its place that gun would of course be the krylov BUT then the krylov is a faction gun that can only be used half the time so you wouldnt have these career voss noob type people using the same noob gun for both factions.

but still, krylov is the president..voss is the vice

Comment

Originally posted by Field View Post
                  think about it though as with someone making the comment about if the voss was gone than some other gun would take its place that gun would of course be the krylov BUT then the krylov is a faction gun that can only be used half the time so you wouldnt have these career voss noob type people using the same noob gun for both factions.
                  That was me that said that. We'd have to see what weapon got the grief if the Voss was taken out of the running.

I'm sure the Krylov would be in the running, but I'm not as certain as you are that it'd get the spot. Anyway, even if it did, it'd surely be used more than half the time, remember EU guys can just stroll over and pick it up off a dead PAC guy... PAC would still have a slight advantage since they'd be able to spawn with it, but I have no worries at all that if the Krylov became THE choice gun, the EU side would be reasonably well-stocked with them a few minutes after the round started.

Comment

i would really just prefer the default rifles to be somewhat equal with eachother and then the unlock rifles to be somewhat even with eachother caus personally i dont really care about the weapons having these fancy diverse purposes as much as a gun being cooler on the basis of cosmetic/audio qualities.

Comment

I like the Baur in Semi-fire mode. I am a fast clicker which gives me, power, precision and range. Win Win!

Voss is just I don't know...Too common? Everyone uses it.

Comment

I use the Voss and Im proud of it. I never really cared about it being a noob weapon. It is just another tool in the battlefield arsenal. If you can't stand being shot by one, use one yourself. Dice gives you that right.

Comment

the voss is just a boring gun, i used it for a bit yesterday but i just started to get a headache from the gun being so dull and having a gross sound, what a nooby, blunt, boring, ugly, gross sounding piece of crap. you mow down hordes of people but its just no fun.

Comment

what's funny is that this will be an age old debate that won't end until the next game comes out & people want to complain about the imbalance of weapons in that game. every gun has it's place, yes. the voss & clark are quite easy to use, yes. but again, every gun has place, just like everyones style has it's place. you won't find the type who like to play more support roles using it. you'll find more of the aggressive run-n-gun style players using it. nobody is ever going to come out a winner in this argument, it's just an exercise in futility:cry:

Comment

I use both the Voss and the Baur all the time.

Its indisputable that the Baur has a higher learning curve (takes more work to get good at it), but that in no way devalues the Voss.

I was decent with the Voss right off the bat, but the Baur took more time before I could achieve the same level of consistency with it, but both are still awesome!

Fatmooseknuckle is right. This debate has been going on way before a lot of you even joined this forum (probably from the first day) and will not stop until we move onto BF3.

btw, single-shot Baur is where its at!

Comment

it doesnt matter what your style is.

omg the only reason you were "decent" with it before the baur IS BECAUSE ITS HARDER TO USE OMG

theres nothing to debate the voss is a noob gun thats easier to use than all the other ones and the only problem is the fact that just because some people make a game doesnt mean that theyre game is a flawless peice of work it will have flaws, and people will complain about these flaws because its the truth. duhhhh

Comment

Working...
                                X