Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lag !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Field View Post
    jake isnt your computers processor the most important thing? RAM is also important caus i have a Dell 5150 with PentiumD 805 @2.66Ghz and 533Mhz fsb, then a Nvidea 7900GS 256MB and i had 1GB RAM stock and when i plugged in more RAM so i had 3GB the game ran noticably smoother and i had better hit detection. how good your processor is plays a big role right?
    Very much so, but you can adequately play with lower quality components, you just have to make sure the gfx settings are not too high for your system to handle.
    F.ex. I used to play, without any lag or stuttering, on a 2.8 GHz Pentium D, 1 GB ram, and a 6800GT. However, I couldn't run the game at a high resolution, or with max settings.

Now, with my current specs (see "my specs" on the side), I can force BF2142 to run at the highest possible settings with no stuttering, which I could not do before.

Originally posted by Chris--My--azz View Post
    :blabla: :blabla: :blabla: :blabla: :blabla: :blabla: :blabla: :blabla: :blabla:
    He never clarified his question, so, although that might be the right answer, is irrelevant because our OP seems to have abandoned this thread.

Comment

when you said you played without any lag or stuttering with 2.8 GHz Pentium D, 1 GB ram, and a 6800GT are you talking about on 64 player conquest and titan? lots of stuff going on and people running around doing lots of things? no stuttering with that setup? or did you play on smaller servers?

caus i CAN play on higher settings because i guess my video card is no bottleneck here but it doesnt matter what my gfx are set at the game will start to run poorly on highly populated servers i will notice a characteristic dive in fps after it goes higher than 48 people or so it will start to be annoying to play on

if this is the case please tell me some of the things that you did to help your computer run well

Comment

larger servers = more players = more things for your PC to compute.

I just keep my settings on medium/low and used a 1024x768 resolution.

Comment

Every part in a PC is quite important. Some things are not entirely necessary for most average PCs, things like LCD lighting and Liquid Cooling systems are not needed unless you are into overclocking or your parts get hot fast from long playing sessions or anything of that nature.

Comment

Originally posted by jake___

yeah i know that but did you play on large servers and get good framerate like 50 or higher fps? caus if you did im not sure how with the stuff that you had. and if you did please tell me how you did it caus maybe ive been missing something or maybe something good to know when i have another pc

Comment

Originally posted by Chris--My--azz View Post

right as i say about 3 gig ram will do u nicely ...also a dual core processor is handy ... you have one?
              You dont need 3GB of RAM just for 2142, waste of money.
              2GB is more than enough, and just buy another 1GB when games become more demanding....

Comment

i personally think hes talking about the program fraps, and said fps by accident.

Comment

Originally posted by jake___

I can get over 50 fps constantly in large maps or when there's not much people around me, but I start playing Fall of Berlin 64 man, it goes down to around 20-25 fps. Even in Belgrade, once I go to an area with lots of people it starts lagging. Nothing higher than medium, curiously though, lowing my res from 1152x864 to 1024x768 helped gave me near constant 75 fps in big open maps, but dense maps like Berlin it's still around 20-25 fps.

Comment

and what did you have on your rig?

Comment

Originally posted by Wizrdwarts
                      I can get over 50 fps constantly in large maps or when there's not much people around me, but I start playing Fall of Berlin 64 man, it goes down to around 20-25 fps. Even in Belgrade, once I go to an area with lots of people it starts lagging. Nothing higher than medium, curiously though, lowing my res from 1152x864 to 1024x768 helped gave me near constant 75 fps in big open maps, but dense maps like Berlin it's still around 20-25 fps.
                      Sounds like a clear cut case of your CPU not being able to handle all the calculations when things get crowded.

Comment

Originally posted by TrooperJac View Post
                        Sounds like a clear cut case of your CPU not being able to handle all the calculations when things get crowded.
                        Yep, that's what I was thinking, I hope I can upgrade to a Core 2 Duo soon. (don't think I'll be able to afford Nehalem lol)

Originally posted by Field View Post
                        and what did you have on your rig?
                        It's in my profile. Pent D 2.8 ghz, HD 3650 512mb DDR2, and 4gb of RAM.

Comment

hmm that sounds familiar i got the same kind of processor and WA LA i have the same kind of fps.

i was hoping that i would receive my credit card today. nope

Comment

Nah mine's 140 megahertz faster.

Comment

so you see my situation

BUT OMG i got my credit card and activated it but then it needed to wait 24 hours or something so newegg couldnt authorize my purcahse idk wtf is going on and they are LAY-Z bASTARDS that dont do anything on the WEEEEEEEKEND SO I GOTTA WAAAAAIT TILL MONNNNNDAAAAAAAAAAYYY NOOOOOOO NOO NOOO this isnt faaaair

i am really frustrated i have had to wait soo long i just want my computer OMG

Comment

Patience!

You must learn patience or you will never become a Jedi

Comment

Working...
                                X