X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Playstation 3 Discussion Thread

Originally posted by StoneCold313
    Yeah... The swap thing is really simple, but the only problem is that the HDD has to be in FAT32 format, and i have read that some people have had problems with it. Meaning they haven't had all the space to show up after it...
    theres a video on youtube showing how to do it.

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=7gu-BLfzBKc[/media]

Comment

Originally posted by Manzi
      theres a video on youtube showing how to do it.

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=7gu-BLfzBKc[/media]
      Yeah, i know(technically) how to do it...

But i have read posts in this Finnish forum, that people have had trouble to format the HDD to FAT32 and get the whole 320 GB show up... There's been stories that some people has managed to "loose" almost half of that size...

Comment

Stone, I'm not one to tell you what to do, but a 320gb is really over kill. a 180 will do you fine.

(Also, the Drive HAS to be Fat32, or it won't work. This goes for any size drive.)

Comment

I wouldn't call it overkill... I would call it more like "preparations for the future"...

The plan is to get it, and atleast then i don't have to worry if i have enough HD space... Since i manage to spend space pretty quickly...

Comment

Um i was thinking, could the PS3 detect a External HDD via USB? i has one

Comment

i thought when you put a new hdd in the ps3 would format it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle101
                Um i was thinking, could the PS3 detect a External HDD via USB? i has one
                Its not recommended because it would be slower

Comment

Oh ok thnx Cryptik

To buy a new HDD for the PS3 it will have to be in PS3 format iirc i.e. Laptop HDD and Desky HDD 3.5s and 2.5s.

Scinto, yeah i think a message will automatically appear for ya for a format, or you can do it manually via settings.

Comment

Originally posted by Scinto
                    i thought when you put a new hdd in the ps3 would format it for you.
                    Yeah, i think it will.... But people has formatted some HDD's by themselfs... Don't know why, so don't even ask...

Comment

Several reviews of MGS4 have said that it is the best looking game made yet. Does it really look better than Crysis maxed out? On the screens and videos it doesn`t.

Comment

MGS is not about the graphics its about the story, and graphics isnt everything, MGS will pwn Crysis anytime anyday

Comment

MGS will pwn Crysis anytime anyday
                          Crysis can't run on the PS3 because of its high graphics.

Comment

^^

That's about to change with Crysis 2... Weren't that suppose to come to consoles too because of "the pirates"?

Comment

PS3s are region free, right?

So if i would buy a PS3 in the States and buy MGS4 here in Holland, would i be able to play it? Because with the dollar being so low, i can get a PS3 for a lot less cash.

And which version should i buy? The 40, 60 or 80 GB?

Comment

Originally posted by Toxic_Wolf
                                PS3s are region free, right?

So if i would buy a PS3 in the States and buy MGS4 here in Holland, would i be able to play it? Because with the dollar being so low, i can get a PS3 for a lot less cash.

And which version should i buy? The 40, 60 or 80 GB?

Yeh, it's RF,sorta.

Find in-depth gaming news and hands-on reviews of the latest video games, video consoles and accessories.

Also, they don't sell the 60, only the 80 gig MGS4 bundle. The 40 is the only NORMAL model they sell.

Comment

Working...
                                X