8800gts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8800gts

bout to buy new g card to run this game higher. want to kno with the 8800GTS 320 MB 320 Bit will max this game out in every aspect? and at high res with good fps

Re: 8800gts

I have the 512MB version and it will do everything at max with about 30 - 40 FPS. If I turn a few useless things off like glow and the depth perception thing and be reasonable with stuff like AA and texturing, I get 100+ FPS.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

no problem at all i have one to myself i have every possible seting on high whit 80 fps steady droping to 60 max. But what are your other specs?

Comment

30-40? i have the 8800gt and go down to only like 50 and thats in smoke

Comment

How much are you gonna be paying for the card? In most cases, it's best to just skip the 8800GTS 320mb and get something else

Comment

dont get 8800....theres a new series of nvidia geforce....9 serise like its supposted to have twice the power of a 8800gts..

Comment

Originally posted by Rushhour33 View Post
              bout to buy new g card to run this game higher. want to kno with the 8800GTS 320 MB 320 Bit will max this game out in every aspect? and at high res with good fps
              The 320MB version of that card is kind of underpowered. If money is a concern, you're better off with an 8800GT. Check out this graph: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...0,1726-17.html

It's quite possible that even the new 9600GT may outperform it (or be very close to it, and is a bargain)

If money isn't a big issue, go with the higher MB versions of that card (512MB, 640MB) or bump up to the GTX version, or even the new 9800 series if you have the cash.

Comment

Originally posted by sgt.collins
                30-40? i have the 8800gt and go down to only like 50 and thats in smoke
                Yea, ive seen it that low before. those numbers are "guesstamites" If someone is going to buy something expensive on my recomendation, I want them to be prepaired that it MIGHT go as low as that.

But it did stay around the 40 50 range for me with everything turned on and a lot of things going on.

Crunch
                Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by Nike View Post
                  dont get 8800....theres a new series of nvidia geforce....9 serise like its supposted to have twice the power of a 8800gts..
                  Far from it. And they're a lot more expensive too.

Buy a 8800GT or the 512 mb version of the GTS. Don't buy the 320 or 640 mb version of the GTS since they're crap (not really but you can get much better cards for less money)

If you want to save a little then get a 9600GT. Not as powerful as the 8800's but a little heaper.

Make sure you have a big enough PSU and a compatible motherboard first though.

Comment

I have that card but your better off getting the GT version.

Comment

The 320mb and 640mb are old versions.

New version are 8800gt and the slightly better version, the 8800gts 512mb (Note, this is NOT the same card as the 640/320 version.)

Comment

my other specs are intel core 2 duo 2.2, 2 gigs pc 6400, 500 watt PSU, DFI infinity p965-s motherboard. money is not the biggest concern, my biggest concern is this is gunna be my last V card upgrade for a little bit now, and i want something that will MAX out COD4.

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch View Post
                          I have the 512MB version and it will do everything at max with about 30 - 40 FPS. If I turn a few useless things off like glow and the depth perception thing and be reasonable with stuff like AA and texturing, I get 100+ FPS.

Crunch

wtf? I run a 7900 and I roll on high, and like...i get between 150-200 fps...

Comment

Originally posted by .:S:. TSlaw View Post
                            wtf? I run a 7900 and I roll on high, and like...i get between 150-200 fps...
                            Not with AA, AF, and Specular Map on a high resolution you don't.

If you're getting 150-200 fps, you've got a lot of things tweaked/turned down to get those kinds of frame-rates (esp if you're using one of the custom 'competitive' configs). The 7900 isn't that powerful a card.

Comment

say if im not spending over 300$, what is the cheapest NVIDIA card i can get to max out this game with at least 50fps, MAX OUT MEANS EVERYTHING!!!! lol

Comment

Working...
                              X