What's with the Camp G fetish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's with the Camp G fetish?

When it comes to Conquest, Camp G servers take up way too much space and I am so sick to death of that map. Cerbere is better than Camp G. I even have more fun on Fall of Berlin or Belgrade. Camp G is just a big spammy grenade fest.

This game would be better with infantry maps that didn't suck. None of are really that great.

Re: What's with the Camp G fetish?

I played 265 hours CG out of a total of 371 hours.
    And I can't say for sure why it is the most popular map at the moment. It probably is the variety you have there. Open areas at harbor and close combat areas behind toll station.
    Also it is infantry only most of the time except for a minute of walker-whoring.

Comment

Because its an awesome map? You have CQC, Sniper battles, nade spams, mid range fights, awesome chokepoints and easily defendable/attackable flag areas. There is never only 1 (or even 2) routes to any given place, I can count at least 3 possible attack areas to a flag. Flanking actually has some meaning, and strategy is applicable.

Overall, Camp G is just an awesome map! Second best in the game IMO, Suez Canal takes the cake (Sorry, Gunship whore )

Comment

Don't play on 64 player servers with stacked teams and you're fine imo...

Yeah, pretty much what fin said. Great map overall.

Comment

It's the best map in the game, and the I play it nearly 97% of the time now.

Comment

Ceber is the best camp has to much spam

Comment

Originally posted by Drewsly View Post
              If that was true, you would have more people playing Cerbere

The two most played maps are no doubt Camp G and Suez.

Comment

Camp G offers more variety in a way..like Fin said - Nade spamming after Toll, Sniping AT toll, general fighting before Toll, so yeah, offers a little something for everyone. Also, not an APC fest like Berlin is, though the Central to Ruins chokepoint can get really annoying in terms of nades. Cerbere is fun, but roadblock offense to Command is a total pain...kinda hard to get it down unless you rush it before the D sets up...after that, it's almost like a titan corridor - APMs, nades abound.

Comment

Oh! The irony. People complaint about lack of map in this game, while most play mostly on Camp Gibraltar and Suez. I hope that I can find more servers that run Cerbere and Tunis, but I am forced to play mostly Camp Gibraltar BECAUSE THERE ISN'T MANY CHOICES!

64 Camp Gibraltar server should not exist, but when I want to try something stupid, I go on those servers to test it out. Great for tag hunting, but expect to die a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by AvalancheDiode View Post
                    Oh! The irony. People complaint about lack of map in this game, while most play mostly on Camp Gibraltar and Suez. I hope that I can find more servers that run Cerbere and Tunis, but I am forced to play mostly Camp Gibraltar BECAUSE THERE ISN'T MANY CHOICES!

64 Camp Gibraltar server should not exist, but when I want to try something stupid, I go on those servers to test it out. Great for tag hunting, but expect to die a lot.
                    The reason servers run Camp G/Suez is because thats what the players play... Its no fun to be paying $50+ a month to have an empty server.

Comment

Originally posted by Fingulfin View Post
                      Because its an awesome map? You have CQC, Sniper battles, nade spams, mid range fights, awesome chokepoints and easily defendable/attackable flag areas. There is never only 1 (or even 2) routes to any given place, I can count at least 3 possible attack areas to a flag. Flanking actually has some meaning, and strategy is applicable.

Overall, Camp G is just an awesome map! Second best in the game IMO, Suez Canal takes the cake (Sorry, Gunship whore )
                      QFT. I completely agree (Armor abuser )

Comment

Originally posted by Drewsly View Post
                        Carebear has more rocket spam than any other map. Mostly trading fire in and out of Church and Village.

Comment

Good post.

Unless I'm feeling lazy, I tend to disconnect once the "Camp G" map starts to load. It's a good map every now and then, but it all feels very "COD4".

Then again, the same could be said about Suez (which I personally think is superb) - as that map is constantly run on the servers.

As Avalanche says - 64-player Camp Gib shouldn't really exist. Well, it should I suppose, but why the hell anyone would want to go on it is beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by Unzen
                            As Avalanche says - 64-player Camp Gib shouldn't really exist. Well, it should I suppose, but why the hell anyone would want to go on it is beyond me.
                            Cause it's damn funny to play until the grenades start flying. I tried to play on lower slots servers and while it is nice to only once in a while run into some dude, I still prefer the feeling of being in a real battlefield.

Comment

Originally posted by XxSTAM1NAxX View Post
                              Cause it's damn funny to play until the grenades start flying. I tried to play on lower slots servers and while it is nice to only once in a while run into some dude, I still prefer the feeling of being in a real battlefield.
                              Which is like sub-10 seconds from the round starting?

It is good, but when it gets too chaotic, there's literally zero skill involved and it falls back to just pure luck instead. On top of that, the game engine struggles to cope with that much havoc going on in such a small area.

Comment

Working...
                              X