Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's with the Camp G fetish?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Re: What's with the Camp G fetish?

    Originally posted by Twizzz View Post
    IMy three favorite maps would be, Cerbere Landing, Tunis Harbor and Liberation of Lesomethin'.
    Totally off topic but we have set up a Cerbere/Tunis server and plan on getting it populated each day till it runs on it's own like our Gib server.

    Comment


    • #62
      Re: What's with the Camp G fetish?

      Originally posted by Skates View Post
      Totally off topic but we have set up a Cerbere/Tunis server and plan on getting it populated each day till it runs on it's own like our Gib server.
      Very cool. While Cerbere is OK IMO, I love Tunis. And that seems to be a dying species these days. You'll definitely see me there.

      Originally posted by Pirelli View Post
      Keep discussing. Usefull thread if you can go in detail like some of you have done here.
      How do you like snow vs desert, cold vs hot, hills vs flat, linear vs non linear, which flags has the best fights, not so great fights and why etc. etc.

      Allthough we have our thoughts about all this, it is important to hear your views.

      If you can - post why you think what you think about these things instead of "I just love this" or "this thing sux", and no reason why you have that oppinion.

      Thanks!
      For me, hot v cold, snow v desert, are just part of the cinematics and don't really affect the game.
      But I would pick non-linear and hilly over linear and flat any day. That goes back to my BF2 days. While I love 2142 over BF2 these days, the one thing I miss is the complexity of the maps. When you say 'levels', I think back to Kubra Dam. Now there were some levels. Even Karkand, the choke point map of BF2, had multiple ways around certain areas. In CampG, the PAC are forced through the Toll. While this makes for some interesting and intense gameplay, it still feels like there's something 'missing'. Also, there aren't as many "enterable" buildings in 2142. I would like to see more of that, as it gives players actual chances to hide, or surprise the enemy.
      All this might be far-fetched, as I understand 2142 was meant as a 'spin-off' of BF2 and not a 'sequel'. But just my two cents.

      Comment


      • #63
        Re: What's with the Camp G fetish?

        Originally posted by Skates View Post
        Totally off topic but we have set up a Cerbere/Tunis server and plan on getting it populated each day till it runs on it's own like our Gib server.


        Hmmm. That sounds interesting! :icon_thumbsup:

        Comment


        • #64
          Re: What's with the Camp G fetish?

          Originally posted by DesmondLocke
          Very Also, there aren't as many "enterable" buildings in 2142. I would like to see more of that, as it gives players actual chances to hide, or surprise the enemy.
          I was thinking a map like iron gator or warlord from BF2:SF would be cool. But I guess the titans are already kind of like iron gator in a way. More building interiors would be cool, though.

          I'll have to check out the Tunis/Cerbere server. Those are my 2 fav maps and they don't get played much.

          Comment


          • #65
            Re: What's with the Camp G fetish?

            Camp G is where it's at for me.

            Hard to give a real good reason for it. But like many have said, there are many areas of the map that make for great battles. Add that to the fact that you can approach each flag from 5+ different directions and it makes for a lot of strategy and a lot of fun.

            Still, I also completely agree that you have to limit the number of players. Too many makes it simply to hectic at the choke points.

            Comment


            • #66
              Re: What's with the Camp G fetish?

              Originally posted by messfeeder
              I was thinking a map like iron gator or warlord from BF2:SF would be cool. But I guess the titans are already kind of like iron gator in a way. More building interiors would be cool, though.
              Actually, I think your on to something. I guess the Titan is like Iron Gator. Except the Titan really only has two true distinct levels...inside and outside. At least with the IG you had many ways to get in, and lots of sub-levels, pathways, ladders, etc. The building I think of most is the one in Karkand, past the hotel next to the open courtyard. A upper level and a rooftop. 2142 needs buildings like that. Or, the best one they came up with for BF2, I don't remember the map, but it was SF and I think it was a palace. The upper level had hallways with rooms all along them, and a balcony outside along the inside walls. Now that was a cool building interior..

              Comment


              • #67
                Re: What's with the Camp G fetish?

                Originally posted by DesmondLocke
                the best one they came up with for BF2, I don't remember the map, but it was SF and I think it was a palace. The upper level had hallways with rooms all along them, and a balcony outside along the inside walls. Now that was a cool building interior..
                yeah that was warlord. I liked the night maps on SF, but nobody ever plays those ones. Totally unrelated, but :dontknow:

                Comment

                Working...
                X