No announcement yet.

Standard vs Hardcore kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

steady aim is completely useless in HC cuz u dont have a crosshair.

i have a stealth build, that i use for both Hc and Sc, but my pretty much generic build is UAV jammer and Deeper pen with the m16 w/ scope

Comment

Steady Aim doesn't only affect your reticle, it 'really' affects your shot-group results. You get a 'buff' when using Steady Aim in any mode. It also tends to increase your chance of getting a headshot... test it out.

Comment

Yea steady aim has an effect on HC, just cause you can't see your Crosshair doesn't mean you can't spray! :yay:

Comment

My H/C loadout is:

M14 ACOG
          Deagle
          UAV Jammer
          Dead Silence

Such stealth can really help out. I've been thinking of using overkill however.

Comment

One of my favorite HC layouts,
            Vanilla AK-47
            Deagle
            Smoke
            3xFrag
            UAV Jammer
            Steady Aim

Anyone have an opinion on Sonic Boom? Does it increase blast radios or anything?

Comment

Why would you use an unsilenced weapon (with the exception of snipers) and UAV Jammer? It seems kinda silly.

Comment

Originally posted by [SSM] Aerialz View Post
                Why would you use an unsilenced weapon (with the exception of snipers) and UAV Jammer? It seems kinda silly.
                Not really, as long as you don't linger/camp in the spot where you just took the shot. In fact, if you're sneaky, you can often lure some unsuspecting oppt into the area by taking a shot on purpose, then hiding. They'll come looking for you, and then you can cap 'em. Again, just be sure not to hang around too long. The Jammer allows you to move around freely, without worry. If you're not the person to take a lot of stray shots, you still stay pretty well hidden on the radar.

The red-dot sight is very effective...it's sometimes hard to pass that up for the silencer and have to use the sometimes-poor ironsights on some weapons.

Comment

I love, absolutely love the AK-47 iron-sights, they just so perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey

The red-dot sight is very effective...it's sometimes hard to pass that up for the silencer and have to use the sometimes-poor ironsights on some weapons.
                    Mmhmm...

That's why the AK47 is my HC weapon of choice: nice iron sights and the damage is the same as an M4/G36 at minimum range, which doesn't mean much in HC mode.

Comment

Silenced AK-47 is bugged, and it reduces your damage from 30-40 to 20-40.

If you were smart, you'd go for a Silenced M4 or Silenced MP5 for spray and pray.

Comment

Yep, but the silenced AK is cool nonetheless, works better on HC, though.
                        I've found a kit that works perfectly both on SC and HC, nice if counting that i'm at few HS to get the red tiger for it:
                        I followed the Eliminator advice on this one, and works well:
                        MP44
                        Desert Eagle
                        Bandollier
                        Stopping Power
                        Steady Aim, in place of the old Deep Impact, as the Eliminator said once.
                        I'm running this kit for some days and i've got not bad K/d ratios with it, and quite a few headshots.
                        And Steady Aim do work on HC, i've made quite a few kills without "aiming". And the HS come almost automatic.

Comment

Originally posted by Dairuka View Post
                          Silenced AK-47 is bugged, and it reduces your damage from 30-40 to 20-40.

If you were smart, you'd go for a Silenced M4 or Silenced MP5 for spray and pray.
                          Hardcore. It makes practically no difference, so I'll take the AK iron sights over the peephole style AR sights.

If we're talking about Softcore, well... no need for a silenced weapon. Just use a Red Dot sight in combination with the UAV Jammer, shoot and keep moving.

Comment

Originally posted by Sloi View Post
                            Hardcore. It makes practically no difference, so I'll take the AK iron sights over the peephole style AR sights.

If we're talking about Softcore, well... no need for a silenced weapon. Just use a Red Dot sight in combination with the UAV Jammer, shoot and keep moving.
                            It actually does. A non-bugged silenced AK, even without stopping power, would drop anyone from any range in one shot (unless they got jugger and you do not have stopping) if it wasn't bugged. The bugged version drops people in 2 shots unless they are really close.

Comment

Originally posted by Infiltrator View Post
                              It actually does. A non-bugged silenced AK, even without stopping power, would drop anyone from any range in one shot (unless they got jugger and you do not have stopping) if it wasn't bugged. The bugged version drops people in 2 shots unless they are really close.
                              Dude, the "bugged" AK has the power of an M4 or G36: in HC, it makes no practical difference...

Your ability to place shots on target coupled with overall movement and awareness make more difference than the rifle you're using.

I mean, feel free to use anything you want. But if we're going to compare autos and their iron sights, all other things being equal - which they are - the AK wins by virtue of offering better vision.

Cheers.

Comment

Hey, dude, I'm just laying down the facts for you. If you want to tell me that you think that 2 shots equal 1 shot then that is fine, but it makes ALL the practical difference. You can't argue it.

About ability, shot placement and other factors - who's talking about that? Why bring skill into equation? If that's so I might as well claim that the Uzi is the greatest gun out there as I can steamroll some noobs with an ACOG on top of it.

Bottom line is that the bugged AK makes all the practical difference in HC there can be. By the time you fire your next shot the enemy might have already killed you.

Comment

Working...
                                X