Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, I played BF2142 last night...

So, I played BF2142 last night...

...for the first time in months. I guess I've moved on as it wasn't as fun for me after playing some good shooters the last few months.

CoD4 toon control and movement is superior to 2142 in every way. Standing toe-to-toe with an enemy and shooting the Ganz at him -- and somehow missing -- was also a frustrating experience.

It was nice to have a Baur back though. I'd love to have that fictional gun here in CoD4.

I used to be very passionate about 2142 and spent hundreds of hours in-game. Now, I could care less about it. I'd rather be playing CoD4 any day. :salute:

Me too, I've played BF2142 once (in a clan match) since I got COD4 and I hated it.

COD4 is such an unbelievably polished game (browser aside) that BF2142 doesn't even come close to it.

Comment

I started to play BF2 again but it doesn't have the same effect as COD4 has.

Comment

I tried to play BF2 once after getting COD4, I only played about 10 min and hated it the whole time. I only need a couple thousand points for my next rank up to a major, but I don't even feel like trying to get it.

Comment

actually i am the opposite. i've cut down COD playing time in favor if BF. it just doesn't offer a long lasting replay value that BF has imo.

Comment

I've only played BF2142/BF2 a few times since I've gotten CoD4... but I must say it's just as fun as it has always been. CoD4's infantry combat is awesome but I really actually miss vehicles and the more diverse gameplay you get in BF games. They complement each other pretty good I think.

Damn CoD4 shotguns.

Originally posted by SonicPixel View Post
            CoD4 toon control and movement is superior to 2142 in every way. Standing toe-to-toe with an enemy and shooting the Ganz at him -- and somehow missing -- was also a frustrating experience.
            Tsk no wonder. Ganz is the suxxorz.

Comment

Haven't played 2142 since spring '07 and haven't missed it. What I went back to, were the BF2 mods. PoE2 is such an awesome mod.

TF2 on the other hand... I giggle like an idiot every time I fire that game up. So simple, yet deep, and all around fun no matter your skill level.

Comment

Originally posted by cantina_fly View Post
                TF2 on the other hand... I giggle like an idiot every time I fire that game up. So simple, yet deep, and all around fun no matter your skill level.
                Totally agree, although I haven't played it much since COD4 either.

Comment

Yeh I find its hard going back to BF2 & 2142 but I do really miss the vehicles and TITAN - what a hoot. Although I love COD4 at the end of the day its only a rehash of cstrike and really the BF series has much more to it.

Comment

I haven't played 2142 since cod4 came out, I miss it though. All around it was a better game. COD4 is superiour in every way except in it's replay. COD4 was such a bigger game that you could play it over and over and over and still go to new places, COD4 is so small that a few hours in and you essentially "beat" multiplayer (level 55 that is, without even focusing on it) I played 2142 from the day it came out to the day cod4 came out and I never got the to the highest standard rank.

I miss vehicles, and the scale.

Comment

cod4 is getting too repetitive for me so i've been moving more away from cod4 and back to bf2/2142. however i dont think this post should be here because u can't compare cod games with bf games, they are just two entirely different concepts of warfare (large scale vehicular battles vs small map firefights)

Comment

I went back to BF2 for a while... it is more fun overall, I think.

I play CoD4 more competitively, and it's nice because it's not buggy like Battlefield 2.

However, the limitations in CoD4 are its biggest drawback, and that's why I think BF2 will be around for quite a long time.

Comment

I think that the graphics of COD4 are very good but for me it just lacks the quality of BF2, the maps are far too small for one thing and it feels very arcadish due to the run and gun style, it's way too hectic. (I'll put it down as an age thing).

Comment

2142 is crap anyways, BF2 FO LIFE!

Comment

Originally posted by cantina_fly View Post
                              Haven't played 2142 since spring '07 and haven't missed it. What I went back to, were the BF2 mods. PoE2 is such an awesome mod.

Originally posted by =)BiT(=AutoFodder
                              Totally agree, although I haven't played it much since COD4 either.
                              Yeah, I've been playing the AIX mod for BF2 and loving it. I haven't played the latest release of PoE2, but it's high on my todo list. I'm sure it is simply better than it was before.

Honestly, TF2 is probably the 'funnest' shooter I've ever played. It is the only game where I regularly laugh out loud and squeal like a little girl ... :shock: Hey, I'm being truthful here! I'd play TF2 more often if I could get my buddies to join me (well 1/4 don't seem to care for it).

Someone setup a TF2 meet-up! :nod:

Comment

Working...
                              X