BF2 Stereotypes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 Stereotypes

Howcome I can see so much negativity about almost all types of player on this forum lately?

You like planes, you're obviously a jet whore

You like tanks, you're a tank whore

You like medic, you're a point whore

You like karkand, you're a point whore

and so on.

It seems that the only way to be "accepted" by these people is to be constantly engaging in VoIP teamwork procedures, constantly capping flags in the "interest of the team", playing an "acceptable" class such as anti-tank, and playing maps like Zatar Wetlands.

Don't understand what I mean? I'll apply this situation to myself as an example. I love Karkand. I also love infantry only. Am I a point-obsessed loser?

Nope. Karkand rocks, because I just don't like wasting my time walking/boating around a huge map, with 95% game time being spent in some form of transport and with 5% being actual action.

I also like Infantry Only. Why? Well, after you have spent 20 minutes sprinting to the next flag, I don't find it fun engaging in combat with me on the floor versus some form of tank/plane/armoured vehicle/helicopter.

In short, IO Karkand rocks.

Originally posted by Tsovehr View Post

It seems that the only way to be "accepted" by these people is to be constantly engaging in VoIP teamwork procedures, constantly capping flags in the "interest of the team", playing an "acceptable" class such as anti-tank, and playing maps like Zatar Wetlands.
    Yep more fun that way imo.

Comment

ALOT more fun

Comment

Originally posted by DesertFalcon View Post
        Yep more fun that way imo.
        Originally posted by waaah_wah View Post
        ALOT more fun

Congratulations! You're officially the "Perfect BF2 Player". Now you can whine about how boring Karkand is, and how IO sucks with the rest of the majority-conformers.

Has it ever occurred to you guys that maybe I don't "want" to play in the best interest of the team? Unless I'm in some form of competitive clan tournament, I truly don't want to spend my gaming time doing ultimately boring, predictable tasks.

You just got 6 people in a Blackhawk? Wow! Take a cookie. It must have been so much fun.

Comment

Congratulations! You're officially the "Perfect BF2 Player". Now you can whine about how boring Karkand is, and how IO sucks with the rest of the majority-conformers.
          Yep that about sums up how I feel IO Karkand is cereal without milk

Has it ever occurred to you guys that maybe I don't "want" to play in the best interest of the team? Unless I'm in some form of competitive clan tournament, I truly don't want to spend my gaming time doing ultimately boring, predictable tasks.
          Have you heard of a game called counter strike? It seems like your type of game play. I find maps like zatar more unpredictable then on IO karkand with you always knowing that your never going have to come face to face with a tank. The only reason IO is around is because of the ranking system.

Comment

You just got 6 people in a Blackhawk? Wow! Take a cookie. It must have been so much fun.
            Lemme guess, you didnt like PR?

Comment

Originally posted by DesertFalcon
              Yep that about sums up how I feel IO Karkand is cereal without milk
              You're completely correct. Except in this case, the milk is probably a person on 40 kills 0 deaths in a jet, or a spawn camper in a tank

Have you heard of a game called counter strike? It seems like your type of game play.
              Hehe, this is exactly my point. Let me guess - CounterStrike is full of kiddies or hackers, right? Whilst we're at it, BF2 players are mature and friendly.

Stereotypes suck, get it?

The only reason IO is around is because of the ranking system.
              Turn the ranking system off, I'd still play IO.

Lemme guess, you didnt like PR?
              As far as mods go, it was good. But we only live once, and I don't really enjoy spending literally 30 minutes just getting into some action.

Comment

The PR worshiper speaks again but really if you don't like vehicles then you should be playing another game, as the vehicle/infantry relationship is the core aspect of BF gameplay. Many games do infantry battles better.

Comment

Originally posted by Tsovehr
                  As far as mods go, it was good. But we only live once, and I don't really enjoy spending literally 30 minutes just getting into some action.
                  Then something is wrong with you, your squad or your whole team I have NEVER had to walk for more than 10 min in PR. And that time i was shot down but managed to bail out on Kashan Desert. Lol i had to walk back to main

Originally posted by Rugerdog View Post
                  The PR worshiper speaks again but really if you don't like vehicles then you should be playing another game, as the vehicle/infantry relationship is the core aspect of BF gameplay. Most games do infantry battles better.
                  Fixed Infantry combat in Bf2 is patchetic...

Comment

If only DICE would have beefed other kits up, not make medic the pwn-all class.
                    I love playing as AT and assault but after getting owned by a tank who has taken 3 rockets from me or by an assaulting medic who rips through assaults like it`s nothing, it gets kinda ghey.

Oh. and, I always eat cereal without milk.

Comment

They really ****ed up big time when they made a support class (medic) more powerful than the assault class, wich is ment to be the "killer of infantry"

Comment

Come at me with your g36 when I have my nade launcher and see how you come out of it. The best counter to a medic is a one hit kill.

Comment

Fixed Infantry combat in Bf2 is patchetic...
                          Not really, PR caters to people a very select group of people.
                          And whilst I don't like it, I understand its appeal to people and have a great respect for the job the PR team has done on their mod.

BF2 infantry can be exciting, the guns aren't perfectly accurate and it isn't like Counter-Suck where its just awp-whore. No other game has "better" infantry combat in the eyes of the common player. Sure CS is above it but games like Halo, CoD4 and so forth will never be as popular as BF2 is.

PS: To those seeking teamwork on a pub server I play on Insomnia365 24/7 Sharqi in the afternoons.

PSS:
                          Also, if you're seeking teamwork right away, invite the privates and lower ranking people cause they're the ones more likely to be people who aren't yet obsessed with being at the top of the score board every round and will be more likely to work together.

Comment

Originally posted by CQ-Reborn
                            PSS:
                            Also, if you're seeking teamwork right away, invite the privates and lower ranking people cause they're the ones more likely to be people who aren't yet obsessed with being at the top of the score board every round and will be more likely to work together.
                            Yup, they will all work together in taking down a tank with their assault rifles.

Comment

Originally posted by CQ-Reborn

BF2 infantry can be exciting, the guns aren't perfectly accurate and it isn't like Counter-Suck where its just awp-whore. No other game has "better" infantry combat in the eyes of the common player. Sure CS is above it but games like Halo, CoD4 and so forth will never be as popular as BF2 is.
                              CoD4 infantry combat is ALOT better than Bf2's. So is CS actually. Combine crappy hit detection with random deviation and add a littlebit on prone diving and youll have Bf2 inf combat...

Comment

Working...
                              X