Hey im i too young?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hey im i too young?

The reason younger players get a bad rep IMO is that they tend to narrate everything that is going on at all times....such as "i'm getting in a car now" "i'm going here" "i just got somewhere" "i'm going to go as assault with the F2000 I just unlocked" etc etc.

The inability to censor the unimportant coupled with what can sometimes be an annoying voice (though it's not something they can be blamed for) makes a lot of players jaded towards the whole group.

The voice thing doesn't bother me, but incessant talking about relatively unimportant actions can be distracting. I find that very few people actually use the in-game VoIP anyways so it's not much of a problem.6

There are exceptions to the rule, but that is what I have seen. I would tell him to mute you if he doesn't want to listen but I'm not sure if that can be done in BF2 or not. I know it works in 2142 though.

Comment

Originally posted by Noble Rotter View Post
      And 3 years ago I bet your voice too sounded like a cat being swung by its tail.
      maybe but I have only started playing online a year and a half ago and my voice was always lower pitched then most my age. when I was 13 I was able to get into a 18+ clan without question. Its all how you behave yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertFalcon
        maybe but I have only started playing online a year and a half ago and my voice was always lower pitched then most my age.
        Likewise back when I was that age, 6ft tall, voice like gravel, and zits from hell.

Comment

Originally posted by VT Nerd View Post
          The reason younger players get a bad rep IMO is that they tend to narrate everything that is going on at all times....such as "i'm getting in a car now" "i'm going here" "i just got somewhere" "i'm going to go as assault with the F2000 I just unlocked" etc etc.
          Now that you mention it, they do. Including my cousin whom I play with quite a bit on BF2. We don't use VoIP however, I don't have a working mic.

A bad reputation of kids my age and around it, is saying the word, "f*g" and, "f*ggot" a lot (didn't think those were censored). Sometimes, I find myself asking the person if they're 14 or 15. :hmm:
          Originally posted by DesertFalcon
          maybe but I have only started playing online a year and a half ago and my voice was always lower pitched then most my age...
          Same here, when I used to play Halo 2 on live, one of my friends said I sounded 18, instead of 14 at the time.

Comment

"..on the box of the game..." maybe you should spend more time in English Class and LESS time online.:shakehead:

Comment

Originally posted by litefire View Post
              hahahah
              ownt

yea im 13 too but i rarely ever use voip and i never play for points..i play for help for my team and enjoyment..

This is from 2006...

Comment

Originally posted by TEHROXZORZMANZOR View Post
                Well i try not to spam with my voip, and im a team playa' lol

well i can understand, but i really try not to be an idiot lawl
                Because you say things like "playa'" and "lawl". And your teenage boys voice is not very different from a teenage girls voice, and that gets annoying. Oh and because most young kids act annoying and think they are cool if they do stupid things. Oh ya, and kids your age are about as mature as EddyEddyd is.

Edit: 2006! wtf. The OP is probably 14 now.....so....Happy Birthday?

Comment

It doesn't matter to me, as long as they do it like an 18 year old, say where their going, spotting an enemy, that stuff. If they ***** because they got killed I'm telling them to STFU.

Comment

If you hit puberty you won't have to worry about it.

squeky girl voices are freakin annoying.

Comment

• Re: Hey im i too young?

Voip [ ]

Comment

Originally posted by VT Nerd View Post
                        Yes I think you nailed it right there. They almost always have that mic open. Breathing in it, asking questions, making conversation, looking for notoriety.

Comment

Originally posted by TEHROXZORZMANZOR View Post
                          ok, im sick and tired of useing my voip, and haveing some 18 year old punk be a jerk cuz im 13, now on the box of the game, it clearly says "Teen", now last time i checked, IM A FRIGGEN TEEN! so please just so this thread isnt pointless, what do you think of younger kids(12-13) playing bf2? thx for hearing my rant and leaveing a oppion(spelling?)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Teh
                          dude im 12 u see me complaining?

and also i started playing BF2 at the age of 10 or 11, dont remember.

Comment

Originally posted by Comrad_Joe View Post
                            lol im 14 and when i use VOIP i dont sound squeaky, some say i sound like im 19
                            im like that aswell

Comment

Strange thread. There's this one kid that plays on a few servers I go on, great team player. I leave the squad the second he joins, can't stand high pitched noise, I get enough from the fans as it is.

I wish microphone drivers came with a built in vocoder

Comment

I use VOIP and im sexy apparently.

Comment

Working...
                                X