This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Battlefield 2 missing content

I don't think blackhawks with side missiles would be very practical considering it's a transport helicopter, not attack.

Comment

i think they would help cover guys as the exit

Comment

Originally posted by numerobofis View Post
        I don't think blackhawks with side missiles would be very practical considering it's a transport helicopter, not attack.
        Think again, FFAR's wouldn't be dominating at all. And they are in the real one too, so why not in bf2 too?

At the moment transport helicopters are just useless, big flying targets for TV missile use. Transport use, nah, don't think so. Even the minigun was nerfed useless, which I think were made effective to balance the removal of the FFAR missiles.

Comment

wow if that video is of the beta then that looks, sounds and feels much mor realistic and better then the BF2 we have now.

Comment

Exactly... wouldn't it be nice to have bf2 like this, maybe in the next/last patch of BF2?

Comment

you guys have to try some mods, this stuff it out there, the transports in POE2 are killer, you just have to be willing to forfeit rank time and have some real fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Leopardi View Post
                Think again, FFAR's wouldn't be dominating at all. And they are in the real one too, so why not in bf2 too?

At the moment transport helicopters are just useless, big flying targets for TV missile use. Transport use, nah, don't think so. Even the minigun was nerfed useless, which I think were made effective to balance the removal of the FFAR missiles.
                They would limit the missiles on the FFAR just like they did on all the attack helos.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-naMhpQsWps

Take a look at also this beta video. You can see how the ragdoll is soo much better, viewdistance is much greater, and how the barrels fly around when you shoot... it was supposed to be a feature of BF2, but was cut off for some reason.

They even added the bug, that you can't see the bullet holes from the other side of the fence if someones shooting at.

EA's damned deadline ruined everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Leopardi

EA's damned deadline ruined everything.
                    Actually, I recall BF2 being delayed more then several months. They had a very over ambitious release timetable.

Comment

Yes it was delayed one quarter, which CLEARLY wasn't enough. June was a deadline, way too early it seems. We could have everything in BF2 that was first planned, if they would have continued the developement more. Ragdoll was left buggy, no time to code that. They even planned ropes for blackhawk, but deadline ruined it too. And what about wakling on ships? Cut off hover vehicle?

Deadline. Not enough time to produce the game like it was planned in the beginning. They cut off many vital elements, just because of EA's deadline.

Comment

Look, most of the content was taken out either because it couldn't be balanced easily or that it simply just did not work on the BF2 engine.

I am sure every game has deleted content

Comment

Working...
                        X