Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do you want the next battlefield to take place?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Where do you want the next battlefield to take place?

No more games in the past. There are already too many WWII and such games.

Sci-fi is never good becuase we can't accurately predict that far into the future whereas near-future is more likely to be accurate (or at least believable), same with present as you can incorporate new stuff into it too. Past events are too locked. There is a set way things turn out, set weapons, etc.

Present day and near-future are the best bets for success, imo.

Comment

GO NAPLEONIC ERA! Yea riding horses and being a bayonet whore would be awesome. But really, future is cool, modern seems to be getting old with COD 4 and BF2 still around.

Comment

I really would love to see a warm-Cold War Battlefield. So the setting of WiC, this would totally drag my in.

Comment

A WIC time period would be neat. But thats basically just Desert Combat all over again.

Comment

2142 just with more stuff destructable terrain etc ... imagine titans on city maps you could ahhnihalate the buildings below, and some form of geo-mod something like that of CoH, also more indoor combat, 2142 would be so much more diverse if you could actually OPEN THE FRIGGIN DOORS.

but overall i would like more consistency as in your buttons actually working when you press them or your gun not randomely losing all accuracy

Comment

Since the timeline of the series has only been going forward from the beginning, I'd like it to be a little more futuristic that 2142 but not too much (not another Battlefront).

First, I think that the scoring system in 2142 was a good step forward compared to BF2 to incite teamplay and should be pushed further still.

Another thing that I'd like to have are customizable/deployable vehicules. In regards to customization, it could either be decided by the established commander, or engineers could do it on the field, depending on some items that could be picked up like dead troop kits.

In terms of deployment, it could be done by engineers on the field. For instance, a kind of APC could be deployed as a mobile field base to heal and resupply, with a mounted gun. I remember seing something similar in Tribes 2, but there could be several other applications.

I think it could be interesting to have different weather for each map, decided randomly at the beginning of the map and the effects on terrain, vehicules, equipment and soldiers could change, according to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris--My--azz View Post
                2142 just with more stuff destructable terrain etc ... imagine titans on city maps you could ahhnihalate the buildings below, and some form of geo-mod something like that of CoH, also more indoor combat, 2142 would be so much more diverse if you could actually OPEN THE FRIGGIN DOORS.

but overall i would like more consistency as in your buttons actually working when you press them or your gun not randomely losing all accuracy
                Engine can't handle it.

Comment

Originally posted by Firestorm View Post
                  Engine can't handle it.
                  I'm sorry, but you're assuming that it will start from the current 2142 engine? I think it won't. Besides, since Nvidia aquired Ageia's PhysX engine and incorporated it into their latest chipsets, I think it could be quite possible...

Comment

dude have you even played on the new engine? the frostbite dx engine does allow for some of those very things, (destructible environment) as well as extreme draw distances.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
                      dude have you even played on the new engine? the frostbite dx engine does allow for some of those very things, (destructible environment) as well as extreme draw distances.
                      I think he didn't even consider the Frostbite engine, which in my opinion, seems to do the job, even if I've only seen videos...

Comment

taken from this article: http://www.totalgamingnetwork.com/page.php?do=dicevisit

Q: Do you see yourselves ever returning to the WW2 or Vietnam eras?

A: It's not something we have ruled out, they are both very epic settings so it certainly is a possibility.

Q: Or do you see yourselves expanding into other conflicts like the Korean War, WW1 or maybe something fictitious like a open cold war conflict etc?

A: The conflict which has the biggest appeal to our core players is what we are going to look at. We try to listen to our players and if they want another World War 2 setting then maybe we’ll make one.

--------------------

well based on the # of players online, modern warfare has the edge, i wonder if that's how they're going to gauge what the core players want. doesn't seem like WW/Vietnam/Korea is currently being considered but it's nice to hear that they haven't ruled out anything.

perhaps they're even checking out this poll.
                        or if they really mean "We try to listen to our players and if they want another World War 2 setting then maybe we’ll make one." they ought to just put up a poll themselves.

Comment

Real indoor environments would be something I would definitely like to see. That's something I like about cod4, over the BF series, actually.

Comment

Originally posted by jake_
                            Real indoor environments would be something I would definitely like to see. That's something I like about cod4, over the BF series, actually.
                            Tru dat

Would be really cool to have some large scale battles in an airport or something complete with terminals, malls and stuff like that... just thinking about it makes me drool

Comment

I want to see it in the middle east. But not like Iraq or Afghanistan. But rather Israel. There's alot going on down there, like conflicts withen religion and, well fighting.

Also Israeli Guns are just fkn amazing, some of the best in the world.

And last of all the terrain is amazing, you got some of the canyons, the cities such as Jerusalem, Tel Aviv. And then the outer villages so to say.

Plus someone could think of a really good plot too if they can.

Comment

Originally posted by Lotek19 View Post

And last of all the terrain is amazing, you got some of the canyons, the cities such as Jerusalem, Tel Aviv. And then the outer villages so to say.
                                That could be very interesting, actually.

Comment

Working...
                                X