Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do you want the next battlefield to take place?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Minmaster View Post
    it would be an odd decision to release BF3 modern combat when you can find plenty of servers to play BF2 in. yes, rumors are pointing to a return to modern combat like i stated in the original post, but we're just speculating on what we want ignoring the rumors and having fun.

actually though, maybe another modern combat is actually the a good idea because they can apply everything they learned from BF2. wait this is dice/ea we're talking about, that's not gonna happen. :laugh:
    Well, there's just one crucial point they need to take care about: NO ****ING DESERT!

Comment

hehe 2 ppl voted for american civil war! (are they serious?) and surprisingly near future is in the lead with 3 votes at the moment despite bf2142 being the current bf game on the market.
      LOL, the rate of fire on those muskets must be 0.5 per minute!

Comment

tied 15 to 15 with modern and near future. damn near future is getting a lot of love. and nobody likes vietnam (i loved BF:V)!

Comment

id like to see a BF thats not on planet earth, just some make believe planet. maybe some sort of Intergalactic Battlefield

Comment

Present time or space o.o

Comment

I think it's stupid if they made a similar game to 2142. If that's what they want to do, they should just keep working on 2142. Or maybe the f@%ked it all so bad that they have no other choice than to start from scratch. I was optimistic with 2142 in the beginning. I was certain that all the bugs would be sorted out but things just kept getting worst. I love the game and enjoy it, but i would love it more if i didn't crash to desktop so many times in the middle of rounds, getting server crashes, deal with glitching n00bs and it would also be nice if the EU transport gun worked also. DICE is horrible and i hope someone else would be able to make the BF games.

Comment

lets just hope the new BF won't have the similar bugs that have been part of several BF games. i am not sure if the new frostbite dx engine is just a souped up version of the current frostbite engine, i hope it was re-coded from the ground up. however, even if so, there are bound to be a lot of unforeseen bugs with a newly made game engine, so i am not sure which is better. i am not sure if BF2142's bugginess is a trend, especially since i skipped BF2. was BF2 just as buggy as BF2142 and did the patches suck as well? i do recall that vietnam had some annoying crashing problems at first, like when you try to use the vehicle radio to play music it would often crash. but after a few patches, i don't remember it being as crash happy as BF2142.

Comment

Vietnam, or near future. Vietnam doesnt get enough good game coverage, and I really liked 2142's setting. The grey and brown palette got a bit boring though.

Comment

Well I don't realy care. I'm just so f***ing sick of the desert. Nowhere to hide. Huge open spaces. I want deep jungles, high mountains, underground caves.

I mean all maps in BF2142/BF2 are like desert. And the ones that aren't, aren't even played, like Songua Stalemate. That map is AWESOME, where are the jungles???? I want Jungles!!!!! I WANT CRYSISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Comment

I want to see way into the future like a different planet, mars or any other planet aliens against mustated humans.

Comment

I think they should def make a move into the advanced Sci Fi market.

Get to like BF 3142, where we now have colonies on different planets. Have interplanetary wars and stuff; Go back to the three faction template rather than two. Somethin like Aliens vs Humans vs Human offcast Cyborg mothers.

Comment

AvP had the three faction system, it was pretty interesting. however, i don't know about Sci-Fi theme because a lot of the vehicles and weapons will have to be from made up crazy ideas, and a lot of BF fans are into the realism thing.

Comment

I say make another version of BF:2142 better, more factions, more weapons and customization, and more classes like in COD4 when your are in offline multiplayer

Comment

offline multiplayer
                              how in mp be offline?.
                              i would like to see a bf in the future after the ice age when they all fight over the new grounds and there are more factions(also per map).

Comment

AvP had the three faction system, it was pretty interesting. however, i don't know about Sci-Fi theme because a lot of the vehicles and weapons will have to be from made up crazy ideas, and a lot of BF fans are into the realism thing.
                                Yeah.
                                I'd like to see something at least a bit futuristic, although not too far off.

The further out in time we get, the less accurate our predictions of what it will be like are.

I wouldn't mind modern either (just nothing older!).

Comment

Working...
                                X