No announcement yet.

What is your FPS ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't unlocked my FPS, it stays at 100 when it doesn't have PB issues.

As far as people having high end cards, this is a gaming forum. A lot of people on here obviously care enough about computer games to search for a forum and then participate on it. Most adults who are somewhat serious about games will have a pretty decent system with which to play them.
    Some people spend $1200 on rims for their vehicles, some people spend the same on a guitar and then that again on an amp, some people spend that money on a good computer. It's all about priorities. Hell, when I get some extra money again I'll be getting a new mobo, RAM, and a nifty quad-core proc. The only issue I have is that I'll have to get all of them at once. Almost none of my current rig will work in the one I plan to build.

Comment

if you have more then 100 can u post a s/s please.

Comment

70-90 on 7950GT

Comment

200+ but have locked it at 100 @ 1280x1024

Comment

mine is between 20 to 30 with e6600 & ati 1600pro using wide screen 1680 * 1050

how to lock or unlock the fps ? and what is the benefit of that ( locking & unlocking )

Comment

15-20 fps on ALL LOW except for Terrain and Effects which are on medium

ATI Radeon Xpress x200 series
              3.2 GHZ
              512MB Ram
              AMD Sepron thingy 3200+

lolz, i gots oldsz

Comment

^^Buy RAM

Comment

Originally posted by proto View Post
                  70-90 on 7950GT
                  ditto, although I am interested in the unlock fps thingy
                  I'll have to give that a try and see if it changes anything.

Comment

Originally posted by domain View Post
                    how to lock or unlock the fps ?
                    Hit the tilde key (left of the "1" key) in game. Then type (without quotations) "game.lockfps 0". Use FRAPS or the game's own fps meter (tilde key then type "renderere.drawfps 1").

and what is the benefit of that ( locking & unlocking )
                    Only for the benifit of comparing the size of your e-peen with others. :banana:

So long as your minimum FPS doesn't go below 30FPS you're fine (use FRAPS to find out). Your mean average FPS could be anything above or way beyond that (depending on your system), but generally speaking a 72FPS mean average is uber butter smooth. Most "average" people (with "average" eyesight) will not be able to notice the difference between 100-200FPS so unlocking the FPS is a moot point.

I keep my locked using Vsync at 60FPS even though I can get 198-235FPS with no Vsync and the FPS unlocked because I get a slightly annoying shimmer effect if the frame rates goes beyond my screen's 60Mhz refresh rate.

Comment

Yeah, I keep Vsync enabled as well. I get CRAZY tearing when I try to turn quickly. I didn't get it as much on my old monitor but with my newer 20" Samsung it's bad. Maybe I just see it more because the 1600x1200 res makes it more noticeable.

Comment

70-100+ FPS (maxed 8XAA, 1400X1050 resolution)

I have the 8800 GTS 320mb

Comment

i would like to see some in game framrates where there is some action ,like artillery going off ect,

most will drop to 50ish with extreme action.

250fps on a empty server is nothing brilliant.

also a fast cpu helps framrate at lower res

example a e6600 + 8800gt vs a p4 3.4 and 8800gt

the e6600 will win at this res(1280x1024)

but when the res is pushed to the limit (1600x1280 or higher)

then it all comes down to the gfx card power.

common framerate at high res with a good card 60(you dont need more that that really)

cpu is not as important ,fast GPU + big *** monitor = best looking game imo

obviously crysis this would be different but when a GPU comes out with enough power the same will apply to this game.

Comment

Originally posted by Verzili View Post
                            i would like to see some in game framrates where there is some action ,like artillery going off ect, most will drop to 50ish with extreme action. 250fps on a empty server is nothing brilliant.
                            QFT. :nod:

fast GPU + big *** monitor = best looking game imo
                            8800GTX + Eizo Flexscan S2411W-U 24" monitor = nice! :yay:

Anyhoo, CPU power does matter when you get to the bigger, more powerful graphics cards. It's no good pairing a slow CPU with a fast GPU. Bottlenecking can occur and the fast GPU cannot stretch its legs fully so its extra "oomph" is never fully utilized. Kinda like sticking a Ferrari engine into a regular hot hatch, its never going to be an Enzo.

Comment

that the point i was trying to make.

you can save some money if you game with a big moniter with big res.

just buy a fast gpu and the cpu bottleneck is gone.

example i provide a link

that shows a 6300 on par with a x6800@3.6ghz

does it justify the price gap? i think not.

keep youre 6300 and spend the rest on a fast gpu (big monitor with big res needed)

just an example,google will have loads more

the "bottleneck" only appear's at low res..witch looks real bad imo

Comment

250FPS
                                1600x1200
                                AA Off, dynamic lighting off, shadows off

When I turn on AA I get about 130-150FPS

I like to run at high framerates, makes it easier to maneuver choppers / tv missiles.

Comment

Working...
                                X