chopper dodging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol at the big heads on here

I'd own you all seat switching from pilot to both guns in the carrier heli's

Comment

Originally posted by jameswrx View Post
      lol at the big heads on here

I'd own you all seat switching from pilot to both guns in the carrier heli's
      You know, we should have a 1v1 transport chopper match at some point. Who's in?

:yay:

Comment

Originally posted by Sloi View Post
        You know, we should have a 1v1 transport chopper match at some point. Who's in?

:yay:
        wtf! im! freaking gattling gun ownnnzz!!!

Comment

I'll also be switching to the back door of transport heli and picking off J-10 pilots with the Berretta hand gun :nod:

Comment

Originally posted by Sloi View Post
            That's not to say it's skillful, but why roll/slide/drop around when the same result can be achieved without significant risk? Ranging is smart.
            not when its abused. it becomes camping all too often when they should be seeking new targets they just sit and wait for spawners. its rare im taken out by a long range missile during normal genuine gameplay but when it happens its fair.

Comment

Originally posted by waaah_wah View Post
              ..TV missiles in PR had a maximum range of 1000 meters in 0.6 and in 0.7 there are no TV missiles.
              no tv missles? Im definitely not playing that mod now.
              "Crunch's First Officer"
              twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Originally posted by pxr5
                not when its abused. it becomes camping all too often when they should be seeking new targets they just sit and wait for spawners. its rare im taken out by a long range missile during normal genuine gameplay but when it happens its fair.
                Ranging and camping are two separate things: don't try and pigeonhole them together please...

You're talking about the difference between talented soloers and the usual "soloing" nubs who just fly up to an altitude of 200 and take shots at unsuspecting people below, then waiting for them to respawn.

In any case, the people who go after other armored vehicles and return to destroy your recently respawned chopper are actually doing their job. Getting "pad raped" sucks, but you have ways of fighting back... feigning absence being one of the tactics.

Comment

Originally posted by signa
                  no tv missles? Im definitely not playing that mod now.
                  Hehe Laser guided missiles FTW

Comment

Originally posted by Sloi
                    Ranging and camping are two separate things: don't try and pigeonhole them together please...

You're talking about the difference between talented soloers and the usual "soloing" nubs who just fly up to an altitude of 200 and take shots at unsuspecting people below, then waiting for them to respawn.

In any case, the people who go after other armored vehicles and return to destroy your recently respawned chopper are actually doing their job. Getting "pad raped" sucks, but you have ways of fighting back... feigning absence being one of the tactics.
                    im not pigeonholing them im saying the tactic is used in the wrong way especially on the dragon valley map, thats the most abused for long range camping in my experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by pxr5 View Post
                      im not pigeonholing them im saying the tactic is used in the wrong way especially on the dragon valley map, thats the most abused for long range camping in my experience.
                      You got it wrong again, camping is when you sit in one spot and lure your enemy into some sort of ambush. "Long range camping" is a completely meaningless sentence, it just does not make sense. It's like saying "omfg my commander is artillery-spamming" .

Comment

• I wouldn't really call anyone a "range whore". Usually chopper pilots will range if need be. That is, if the enemy gunner is capable of hitting you in slides and rolls. Or if there's 19 people waiting at the chopper spawn for this beautiful vehicle, and you really don't want to die. Although, ninja style does work a lot better if the enemy jets are capable.

My biggest gripe with ranging are the rangers who won't even dive forward to give their gunner a shot - they consistently stay out of the enemy chopper's range. But if I'm in such a scenario, I will simply forget about that enemy chopper and pound on armored ground vehicles instead of whine about it. Be careful though, pounding enemy ground vehicles usually results in you getting in their range, so you really have to adapt your style and pick and choose your targets carefully if you want to survive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doggie52 View Post
                          You got it wrong again, camping is when you sit in one spot and lure your enemy into some sort of ambush. "Long range camping" is a completely meaningless sentence, it just does not make sense. It's like saying "omfg my commander is artillery-spamming" .
                          I agree.

Even if the chopper was camping, it's still doing what's required of it...

Keeping the enemy armor and helis down ultimately means your team has a better chance of winning by virtue of having material superiority.

Honestly, people whine way too much in BF2. Just shut up and play.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doggie52 View Post

i keep calling it camping i dunno what its called and less care frankly. its been a long time since i played this crap.

Comment

• Originally posted by USI_Krusher View Post
                              I'm surpised you could log in here with that huge head! Ok, we get it, your good. Saying it over and over again makes you sound like you are 12, looking for attention. :shakehead
                              Originally posted by predragjanjic
                              ok so I played some dalian with 150 ping, not my thing since im not used to that ping but I did alright, anyways I decided to stick to flying, I joined the server coz phil from tbf2 was there, his friend james was there to, james is currently #1 on the chopper leader boards with over 100k kills

but sadly hes a major range whore, I was doing my thing, flying low and sneaking up, had a first shot on them almost every time but my gunners kept missin

later on we got into an argument and he said how theres nothing wrong with range whoring, well there is if u keep doing it every single time and if u keep saying its what pros do, he also said he spent over 1000 hours perfecting it, whats there to perfect?

I told him that being sneaky takes way more skill and its alot riskier since ur low to the ground which gives enemy gound vehickles a good chance to kill u but he kept saying its the same thing as ranging, I mean cmon, do people here get compliments for ranging when they fly? I get compliments for my flying all the time, not braggin but just trying to show the difference

not to mention that I had no problem doging this guy at all, I even took him down a few times with my 150-160 ping

being sneaky=being a ninja, are ninjas cowards lol? na dont think so, being a range whore=runing away from the situation to save ur *** instead of facing it like a man

personally I try not to range whore and I hate it, I think its cheap

who here agrees with me and who thinks that being a sneaky pilot who flies low and surprises his targets takes more skill

when I say sneaky I don't mean waiting by your enemies main base till he takes of then killing him

this guy was ok but I was able to deal with him with a ping of 150 and after two months of not playing lol
                              do what i used to do, kill em, camp em, steal his chopper. you'll get called names by the guy and just type things like "lol" as he tries to insult you and he'll eventually leave the server in anger or tk his team to get the jet so he can ram you all day.

Comment

• once people find near foolproof tactics the game becomes tedious to play.

i dont get why you say this guy is the best with 100k kills when he is clearly a prick, anyone can do what hes doing except most wouldnt cos they work and have girlfriends.

Comment

Working...
                                X