Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Project Reality Mod Update

Originally posted by Drifterboy View Post
    this map looks awsome, hopefully someone converts it to vBF2 so i can use the sniper kit in it
    Originally posted by HysterX
    Lolz !1!1!1
    whats so funny about it

Comment

Originally posted by Drifterboy View Post
      whats so funny about it
      one, not going to happen cos its made only for the PR mod, 2, it would never work at all well with vBF2 game play....

Originally posted by snipers
      I am not sure if such a big map will be fun to play. Even with 64 slots.
      Anyway i am looking forward for the release of the best (with FH2 hopefully) mod for BF2!
      the map is made for long range engagements and also for combined arms. For the normal vBF2 player the map (and mod for the matter) will take alot of getting use to, changing the very style of how you play and look for targets at long distances, as well relying on your air and ground support alot to be able to capture flags etc.

the fighting will mainly take place in a small area of the map (thats small going by the total of area of the map, but still much larger than a normal BF2 map) but giving loads and loads of room for players to flank, jets to fly and to really give the players alot of flexibility in what they want to do

Comment

0.6 release highly anticipated!
        I hope those large maps will have enough vehicles to carry foot soldiers across in a timely manner.. I'd hate running for 10 minutes only to be slaughtered before I even see an enemy.. and then have to start the 10 min nike-transportation all over again!

Comment

Originally posted by lacrits View Post
          0.6 release highly anticipated!
          I hope those large maps will have enough vehicles to carry foot soldiers across in a timely manner.. I'd hate running for 10 minutes only to be slaughtered before I even see an enemy.. and then have to start the 10 min nike-transportation all over again!
          there will probably be too many vehicles on the map

What these kind of maps encourage is you not to go 100% on foot, unless your squad really thinks its necessary, instead you will want to use APCs, jeeps etc more to get around the map quickly and efficanty, but they are louder, easier to spot and can be ambushed, like in real life

EDIT: check out http://www.rhinorage.co.uk/ for more Qinling Screenshots!

Comment

Originally posted by Rhino
            one, not going to happen cos its made only for the PR mod, 2, it would never work at all well with vBF2 game play....

the map is made for long range engagements and also for combined arms. For the normal vBF2 player the map (and mod for the matter) will take alot of getting use to, changing the very style of how you play and look for targets at long distances, as well relying on your air and ground support alot to be able to capture flags etc.

the fighting will mainly take place in a small area of the map (thats small going by the total of area of the map, but still much larger than a normal BF2 map) but giving loads and loads of room for players to flank, jets to fly and to really give the players alot of flexibility in what they want to do
            alright then, if i download this hope fully its sp suppoted and it has a sniper/longranger kit

Comment

Originally posted by Drifterboy
              alright then, if i download this hope fully its sp suppoted and it has a sniper/longranger kit
              SP wont be support by default, our "4 base kit" system makes the bots crash the game when they try to spawn, but we do have a SP modding community that do mod PR to make it workable with SP

also we have Sniper & Marksman kits in PR, but they are limmited kits along with loads of other limmited kits

I advise before you try PR to read our player guide as its very different from vBF2

Comment

Originally posted by Drifterboy
                Kashan (the 17 sq km map in PR v0.6) is not navmeshed at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhino View Post
                  SP wont be support by default, our "4 base kit" system makes the bots crash the game when they try to spawn, but we do have a SP modding community that do mod PR to make it workable with SP

also we have Sniper & Marksman kits in PR, but they are limmited kits along with loads of other limmited kits

I advise before you try PR to read our player guide as its very different from vBF2

http://guide.realitymod.com/index.php?title=User_Guide
                  If its the same bug I am thinking of, you could add duplicate kits to the map. It doesn't look pretty but it works. We had the same issue on Blockade where we went with an armory vs the conventional spawn screen setup.

Comment

Originally posted by GlobalFear
                    If its the same bug I am thinking of, you could add duplicate kits to the map. It doesn't look pretty but it works. We had the same issue on Blockade where we went with an armory vs the conventional spawn screen setup.
                    ye, SP aint a big part of PR so just for the "pr_sp" version thats how they fix it

need lots of other tweaks to PR to get it working with SP too so thats just one of the things

Comment

Originally posted by stephensolfo View Post
                      I REALLY want this mod now,i really hope that huge map wont kill my system

p4@3,2 ghz
                      5500fx
                      512 mb of ram :[

Pentium 4 at 3.2 GHz
                      9600 XT
                      512 mb of Ram.

Looks like I'm in the same boat as you.

Comment

Originally posted by Skaggy View Post
                        Pentium 4 at 3.2 GHz
                        9600 XT
                        512 mb of Ram.

Looks like I'm in the same boat as you.
                        I would be very interested to see how a system like this ran PR in fact

80% of our testers seem to have top of the range PCs, its really hard to find good testers with crappy systems

I use to have a crappy system, but that was why in the past I only made 512x2 maps, infact I started Qinling like a week after my upgrade

Comment

Originally posted by Rhino View Post
                          I would be very interested to see how a system like this ran PR in fact

80% of our testers seem to have top of the range PCs, its really hard to find good testers with crappy systems

I use to have a crappy system, but that was why in the past I only made 512x2 maps, infact I started Qinling like a week after my upgrade
                          id be happy to help,ill wait for the .6 release then give you my feedback,just remeber theres thousands of us little guys who dont have high end systems at the moment

Comment

if Kashan tells us anything about the playability of a map that size, then I think you'll be fine

Comment

SWEET!!! ARMA FOR BATTLEFIELD 2! lol

Comment

9 More Days!! 9 More Days!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X