No announcement yet.

Thoughts On Hardcore Servers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While I am not sure that it takes less skill to kill, it does present the question of gameplay vs. realism.
    Its like a sliding scale. Too much gameplay, and it becomes an arcade shooter. Too much realism, and its impossible to play. Realistic=1 death, game over.
    The blend is very tricky. I think HardCore is getting there. With just a few more additives................a few more choices.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingkat54 View Post
      While I am not sure that it takes less skill to kill, it does present the question of gameplay vs. realism.
      Its like a sliding scale. Too much gameplay, and it becomes an arcade shooter. Too much realism, and its impossible to play. Realistic=1 death, game over.
      The blend is very tricky. I think HardCore is getting there. With just a few more additives................a few more choices.
      :laugh: I can see it now, the first "realistic" shooter. You load the game up, create your character, log on, join a server, die and the game deletes your profile.

"Sorry, you only get one life. If you selected the Hinduism Perk, click here to reincarnate."

Comment

I honestly cannot see why people even like the normal. I read someone say that they have to count their shots and be accurate. Well if thats tactical for you. Then go ahead. But if this were real life (AND I KNOW IT ISNT DONT BASH ME..) you get shot once and hey!! YOU'RE SCREWED!! Because if I were getting shot and and I took 3 to the chest, I wouldn't be shooting you back.

Comment

Originally posted by TSlaw[42SRT]
          I honestly cannot see why people even like the normal. I read someone say that they have to count their shots and be accurate. Well if thats tactical for you. Then go ahead. But if this were real life (AND I KNOW IT ISNT DONT BASH ME..) you get shot once and hey!! YOU'RE SCREWED!! Because if I were getting shot and and I took 3 to the chest, I wouldn't be shooting you back.
          Well i honestly cannot see why people even like hardcore.

One-shot deaths make for boring gameplay.

And gameplay>realism.

Comment

One-shot deaths make for boring gameplay.

And gameplay>realism.
            It's all a matter of opinion. Some people like realistic shooters, some prefer arcade-style. Fortunately the devs thought to provide us with both

Comment

LOL.........Hinduism Perk. THAT is funny.
              Or AgnosticPerk.
              All Suited Up..........NoWhere To Go.

Between........TSlaw[42SRT] and =)BiT(=AutoFodder there seems to be a happy medium. HardCore gets back to a real original FPS, long time ago, about 2001, one-shot-one-kill. Besides, its nice to have a sidearm that can actually drop an opponent w/o emptying the clip.
              Just wish HC Servers could be identified easier.
              Are you listening.......IW........?

Comment

Originally posted by Kingkat54
                LOL.........Hinduism Perk. THAT is funny.
                Or AgnosticPerk.
                All Suited Up..........NoWhere To Go.

Between........TSlaw[42SRT] and =)BiT(=AutoFodder there seems to be a happy medium. HardCore gets back to a real original FPS, long time ago, about 2001, one-shot-one-kill. Besides, its nice to have a sidearm that can actually drop an opponent w/o emptying the clip.
                Just wish HC Servers could be identified easier.
                Are you listening.......IW........?
                Now that I can agree with

Comment

Another thing I find unique in HardCore.................how every now and then it gets very, quiet. I mean no one is moving, shooting or anything. Very eerie.
                  Unlike regular games.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingkat54 View Post
                    Another thing I find unique in HardCore.................how every now and then it gets very, quiet. I mean no one is moving, shooting or anything. Very eerie.
                    Unlike regular games.
                    And it's usually broken by the soft pitter patter of a nearby silenced P90.

That or cursing on TS because someone just got knifed.

Comment

Working...
                    X