Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its a running backflip. run moar

Comment

I wouldn't say hardcore requires "less skill" so much as "different skills."

Since most guns are 1-2 hit kills, damage and ROF become less important and accuracy becomes the most important characteristic. Pistols other then the Deagle are actually worthy side arms. Grenades are much more lethal since a near miss that would leave you near death in normal is now a kill.

Perks have different values. Stopping Power and Juggernaut are less useful, but Deep Impact is more useful.

Hardcore requires you to think more about what you do. Risk evaluation is less forgiving.

Hardcore is also far more forgiving for people with bad aim. In regular, a head shot is the difference in a 1:1 fight. In hardcore, it's who ever pulls the trigger first.

Comment

Yup, i'd agree with that one cantina_fly

Comment

Gotta say that after playin hardcore, it would difficult to go back to normal. Not that it would be harder, but the game play is a lot different. There's a lot less run 'n gun and more tactics involved (at least in my experience).

Comment

I like the immersion aspect of playing Hard Core. To me, it's more realistic, and helps to build up your situational awareness. I think cantina_fly is correct - it's a different skill-set.

Comment

why isnt the deagle worth it in HC?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator
                I would think its because of the recoil and ROF.

I find it harder to use in hardcore over any of the silenced pistols. Now if you get the drop on someone, the deagle will make quick work of em.

Crunch
                Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I may have missed it, but I really don't like the "long" wait for spawning. haha - I get killed so much I want back in right away.

As already meantioned, I don't mind playing HC, but it'd be nice to know before getting into the game if the server is HC - lots of servers don't put HC in the title so a column marking it as HC would be nice!

Comment

Originally posted by wenZECA View Post
                    Hardcore is skill-less. I dislike it. Im used to aiming and earning my kills using my ****ing awesome reactions and hand-eye coordination. Hardcore is whoever spams the first shot off which may land in the foot it doesnt matter, you just pWNed dat guy, awesome.

And more tactical? Hardly. Camping more does not = tactical

I also ****ing hate how shotguns are obsolete and LMGs rape everything at any distance.
                    Have to agree, whoever thought up the idea that it takes more skill to spray and pray for one of your rounds to hit and kill the target than actually aiming must have a huge accuracy problem.

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch View Post
                      I would think its because of the recoil and ROF.

I find it harder to use in hardcore over any of the silenced pistols. Now if you get the drop on someone, the deagle will make quick work of em.

Crunch
                      in hardcore the deagle is 1 hit kill anywere

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator
                        I think you may have read me backwards. The Deagle is fine in HC, it's just not such a "default" choice IMO. In regular, except for a few snipers that don't want to give up their silenced pistol, everyone else seems to use the Deagle exclusively after they get it.

In HC, the USP and the 1911 are both more then adequate since they can drop a target just as easily (and be silenced to boot!) The Deagle is just overkill it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by -Spartan`II7^ View Post
                          Have to agree, whoever thought up the idea that it takes more skill to spray and pray for one of your rounds to hit and kill the target than actually aiming must have a huge accuracy problem.
                          For that very reason it takes more skill to stay alive though

Comment

All these posts about HC has me thinking........(uh...oh....he's thinking again...)......maybe this is the game where you could limit perks, attachments, and weapons . Completely in HardCore. This would leave the regular game alone, and just give the HC gamers a place to really create the game they want to play.

Comment

there great get some good Team Work

Comment

Originally posted by Bisley_Bob View Post
                                For that very reason it takes more skill to stay alive though
                                That's also why it takes less skill to kill though

Comment

Working...
                                X