Thoughts On Hardcore Servers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts On Hardcore Servers

I have played on a few, and I must say, its a whole-new way to play. Not a fast run-n-gun, but a little slower and takes some teamwork to succeed. I like it, but I think it needs some options.

Seperate column in server interface. To indicate if its Hardcore or not.

Like a "respawn" area for each team. Random just got a lot of people killed, and I donot believe they were camping. Or respawn on teammate. If it had squads, could be team leader. Or at least a few seconds of invincibility while respawning.

Turn off chopper and airstrikes. With smaller teams, just got very frustrating to get killed and respawn in same airstrike. Or have to score more kills to use.

Anyone else got any ideas?

My thoughts are: they rule. And yes they do need an indicator. Most of the ones I've played have a 10 second respawn period, so getting killed twice by same airstrike doesn't happen.

Comment

I've found that it takes a long time to get used to it after normal. That is, while you can own on normal, you have become used to the damage, how much risk you can take for example. In hardcore its alot more cut and dry...and you die alot.

Comment

I think the column for the browser is a good one. This game is awesome, but that browser fails. I have no idea what IW was thinking on that thing. I never played any other CoD games online, so maybe thats how its always been.

Anyway, I think it should have a grenade indicator. I say that becaue when you look around for the grenade, you cant even see it. Hardcore mode is suppose to be about the realism, but in real life, YOU SEE A GRENADE.

Maybe just a little grenade indicator when youre stepping on it. Other then that, I think hardcore is pretty slick and you do have to play very different.

Crunch
        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

i think a respawn time of 15+ seconds would b nice

Comment

Love the hardcore...a lot more fun imho. Being able to sort by game type - Hard Core, Normal, or (lol) Arcade - would be extremely useful.

I don't know what's to do about the grenades. Maybe the actual grenade object needs to be changed or enlarged. I don't like the idea of the 'nade indicator in HC.

Comment

I think hardcore is brilliant, i hardly ever play on normal servers. Finally a game where when you get shot you go down!

Comment

The grenades need to be able to be see.n at least

Comment

I hate them, I don't find the slow pace, the "tactical" camping or the spray and pray fun in the least.

We need a column so I can avoid the damned things.

Comment

I can handle no grenade indicator, if I hear that distinctive "plink" sound, I just fall back a bit and let it blow. What I don't like is the lack of any other hud elements. All they needed to remove were the x-hair, hit indicator, the amount of ammo in your clip remaining, and the kill messages. You should have an idea of how much ammo you have left and how many grenades you have left.

Hit indicators and kill messages give you a unnatural level of knowledge about the battlefield. If I can't see your corpse, I shouldn't know if you're dead. It makes you play different.

Scenario: You and I are trading shots back and forth between two buildings. You duck down below a window and I empty the last of my clip into the wall below the sill. After I reload, things are all quiet. If I got a kill message, I know it's probably safe to move up. Without them, I have to assume you're still alive until I can sweep the building and find your corpse.

I've also spec'd LMG users who go around putting a couple rounds through walls fishing for hit indicators. Get one? Spray the area until you get a kill message. Repeat.

I also think hip firing accuracy may need a bump in the "less accurate" direction. Too many games are full of people with full auto weapons and Deep Impact spraying like there's no tomorrow.

Comment

I like Hardcore, sometimes better than standard, the problem is the bullet power. Actually it's not a problem, but it is crazy. I don't mind dying a lot, but I feel a little bad about using douple tap on my RPD and killing someone with one quick half a second burst in hardcore.

I wish there was a way to tell Hardcore from standard, seperate column, icond, whatever.

I also really like the idea of not having a kill indicator, it would drastically change gameplay if you can't tell when you kill someone, points would have to be tallied at the end of the round, and as such there probably wouldn't be a need for an ingame scoreboard.

It would make the game more realistic, and in the long run probably more fun, but I don't want the hit indicator to go away, I am the guy who puts rounds through walls watching for the indicator to light up (that's not why I don't want it to go away though).

Comment

Hardcore is fun, really is. But I see in hardcore is mostly P90's everywhere.. More than normal. Cuz the P90 can just spray and pray. I find actually, more noobs in HC than Normal.

Comment

If you want to talk about spray and pray in HC mode then talk about the people using the LMGs.

I like hardcore. I refuse to play normal now. It seemed easier for me to go from normal to hardcore than visa-versa. I was used to putting more bullets in a person to kill them. Now I go into a normal game and I can't kill anything because I don't use enough bullets. 1 should be enough but NO. I have to put in half a clip.

Comment

Originally posted by TSlaw[42SRT] View Post
                            If you want to talk about spray and pray in HC mode then talk about the people using the LMGs.

I like hardcore. I refuse to play normal now. It seemed easier for me to go from normal to hardcore than visa-versa. I was used to putting more bullets in a person to kill them. Now I go into a normal game and I can't kill anything because I don't use enough bullets. 1 should be enough but NO. I have to put in half a clip.
                            no actually it only takes from 2-4 bullets, i think you must be too used to spray and pray 1 shot kills in hc?

Comment

Yes, I have found once I got used to HC, it was far easier to use the M16. Even with the limited 3 shot-burst, it was enough to bring down an opponent.
                              Looks like HC just might be a good choice for clan matches too.....................

Comment

Working...
                              X