No announcement yet.

1.3 fixes ACOG? pfff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was loving the M16 w/ ACOG when I used it tonight. Finally I could consistently hit targets in my X-hair. My brief sniper play was just as effective. And I didn't see a server full of snipers like I was expecting.

All my AR's (except the AK) are now getting the ACOG. The M14 and G3 are viscous now. I'd go so far as to say my favorite weapons for people who can aim. SMG users are still better off with silencers IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by m_d View Post
      That was more of an explanation about sway on real guns, because some people complained about too much sway.
      In the game some guns actually have no or little sway, but on real guns if there is any sway at all, increasing the zoom level will also increase the visual sway.

So basically that's what you should expect in a game too.
      I know how it works, I just mean the reflex is as if the end of the barrel only sways 1mm in any direction at the most, but the ACOG acts as if the end of the barrel sways 2-3mm. I've used many scopes of different magnification levels, with air guns mind you, but scopes none the less and the difference from a 3x to a 4x won't be as dramatic as the Reflex to ACOG, and it's a greater difference.

Comment

Originally posted by [MBMG] Aerialz View Post
        So what are we supposed to do? Sit back and express no opinions about what we individually think should be fixed?

I haven't tried the ACOG, but with the sniper fix there's a ton of snipers now.

w000t Amen:salute:

Comment

The sniper rifle is nice now. I picked one up off the ground crawled to a hole in the wall and dropped 5 in 5 shots. It was nice until the air strike. I might make a kit w/ a sniper rifle.....I am thinking 2 shots and move, could have helped me to avoid the air strike.

Comment

yeah the snipers do suck now.. just a bunch of camping little kids.. they should balence it out by not letting snipers use air strikes and no heli and they should not be allowed to use the ACOG on it, now it feels like some arcade game that you can just run around with the sniper and get one shot kills.. they gotta make it so u cant use it at close or mid range only long range.. like do somthing like it will take more shots to kill at close or mid range.. or like i said just not allow the acog on it.. now i cant even enjoy the game I made another profile so i dont mess up my kd ratio and i just run around and find snipers and stab the noob *** kiddie camping fools...

Comment

...WTF???? ACOG WORKS NOWWWWWW???!! Oups...kill this thread

Comment

While the hit detection has gotten better for snipers and ACOG, it hasn't changed the game at all from what I've seen. I'm usually assaulting mostly with SMGs, and assault rifles, heck a couple of my custom kits have extreme conditioning, so there's ALOT of running, especially with the P90. I'm not getting picked off any more then before, though maybe it's cause I'm cautious, use smoke, and try to listen for snipers, and others.

Also even with the ACOG better, the reflex sight, still has major advantage if your assaulting. Since the ACOG is a scope, and takes away your peripheral vision, it makes you more vulnerable to a CQB attack. Plus no sway, so while it's harder to see people in the distance, if you line up properly the reflex sight is decent for what ranges you can see with it. Plus it takes a second or two longer to get into the ACOGs scope, and with the peripheral vision cut down, your again vulnerable to a CQB attack.

With LMGs even if the ACOG was laser accurate, would still be best with the Relex sight or grip, since to hold down a street or hall way, you need all your peripheral vision to zap what ever wanders in range, not you looking around with a ACOG, after you've made a ton of noise firing off rounds.

The game is fundamentally the same from what I've seen, if anything yes those two aspects have gotten a Boost, but they don't need a nerf, neither does M203s. Some one even said Martydom, which must be a joke, cause especially on non hardcore servers, it's easy to avoid, and if your close enough you can just pick up the Marty grenade and throw it at the enemies, so it's basicly a free grenade for killing a enemy. In hardcore it's harder to do, but still possible, plus I usually wait a second to see if I hear the grenade drop, or for them to go into last stand anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Battl3fr0nt View Post
                  yeah the snipers do suck now.. just a bunch of camping little kids.. they should balence it out by not letting snipers use air strikes and no heli and they should not be allowed to use the ACOG on it, now it feels like some arcade game that you can just run around with the sniper and get one shot kills.. they gotta make it so u cant use it at close or mid range only long range.. like do somthing like it will take more shots to kill at close or mid range.. or like i said just not allow the acog on it.. now i cant even enjoy the game I made another profile so i dont mess up my kd ratio and i just run around and find snipers and stab the noob *** kiddie camping fools...
                  Uhhhmmm... L2P. I try not to insult people's gameplay when they have troubles with things but wow... if you can stab them with your alternate account, do so on your normal one? Use cover? Look at common spots before going into the open? Use a G3 or M14 and and rape them like everyone else does? Also, make snipers do less at close range? You want to break physics and have kinetic energy increase in an environment with friction? And take away the ACOG? It can't hold breath, takes away the sniper's main feature, 2x zoom, and sways like any other gun's ACOG. It essentially makes the M21, Dragunov and Barret into an M14 with half the magazine size. And not getting air-strikes and helicopters? Maybe your precious RPD + grip shouldn't get those either, after all if can camp just as well, when at range just spray more, no big deal really, you have no recoil, you can have UAV Jammer like any sniper so no one finds you. Oh but wait, then you wouldn't do well because your favorite kit got nerfed, and we all know how you need every advantage you can get if snipers are so difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDesert_Fox View Post
                    Uhhhmmm... L2P. I try not to insult people's gameplay when they have troubles with things but wow... if you can stab them with your alternate account, do so on your normal one? Use cover? Look at common spots before going into the open? Use a G3 or M14 and and rape them like everyone else does? Also, make snipers do less at close range? You want to break physics and have kinetic energy increase in an environment with friction? And take away the ACOG? It can't hold breath, takes away the sniper's main feature, 2x zoom, and sways like any other gun's ACOG. It essentially makes the M21, Dragunov and Barret into an M14 with half the magazine size. And not getting air-strikes and helicopters? Maybe your precious RPD + grip shouldn't get those either, after all if can camp just as well, when at range just spray more, no big deal really, you have no recoil, you can have UAV Jammer like any sniper so no one finds you. Oh but wait, then you wouldn't do well because your favorite kit got nerfed, and we all know how you need every advantage you can get if snipers are so difficult.
                    I'd have to agree with that little rant!

Comment

Working...
                    X