1.3 fixes ACOG? pfff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spik3d View Post
    What's so wrong with the server browser? Other than the favorites menu?
    I heard something like only the first 4000 servers show up, the rest are omitted or something along those lines.

As for the AGOG, i really like it now, it has increased my killing range with the G3, i think IW have done a good job. I didn't like the ACOG before now, but instead of complaining i just didn't use it.... simple! I saw BF2 get destroyed by patches, i like COD4 how it is, so i don't really want any more patches other than bug-fixes.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisley_Bob View Post
      I heard something like only the first 4000 servers show up, the rest are omitted or something along those lines.

As for the AGOG, i really like it now, it has increased my killing range with the G3, i think IW have done a good job. I didn't like the ACOG before now, but instead of complaining i just didn't use it.... simple! I saw BF2 get destroyed by patches, i like COD4 how it is, so i don't really want any more patches other than bug-fixes.
      amen!

Comment

Originally posted by alex98uk View Post
        By complaining and getting a patch, you just cause more problems. A game won't ever be perfect. You just got to learn to play it the way it is.

If you could hit everyone miles away with the ACOG, then there would be an outcry from you about how it's too powerful and IW fail.

IMO, i think you should stop demanding changes and change weapon or style of play.

Get over it, IW did a good job, it's your sort of people that make communities a slag fest and force developers to make unnecessary changes
        Amen!:salute:

Comment

Originally posted by [MBMG] Sike3000
          amen!

Originally posted by GeneralPatton View Post
          Amen!:salute:
          Humm, i spy a pattern emerging!

Glad to see Alex and I aren't the only ones with the "dry your eyes and soldier on" approach!

Comment

i'm the same as you bisley

i never used the ACOG, would just use the red dot or iron sights (mainly ironsights with a silencer)

what i wouldn't mind was maybe them implementing the EoTech sight from the SP into MP, that'd be pretty cool as i really liked that sight

with regards to the ACOG fix now, i'm guessing the M21 and SVD with ACOG can be pretty effective at "combat" sniping

sadly i wont be able to have a proper play for myself in a while as i havn't really touched the sniper rifles

Comment

So what are we supposed to do? Sit back and express no opinions about what we individually think should be fixed?

I haven't tried the ACOG, but with the sniper fix there's a ton of snipers now.

Comment

That just means more heads for me to blow off.

I have been sniping CoD4 from the start so with the new fix im hoping to be pulling some serious shots like i did in CoD2 lol

I've never tried the Acog and i hope to never bother

Comment

I'm just waiting for the first person to have a bad round where they are killed repeatedly with a ACOG scoped gun, to come on TGN and start complaining that it is too overpowered. At that other guns need to be made better in order to match it.

It's a vicious cycle. I have seen it happen to BF2, i don't want to see it happen to CoD4.

Comment

Originally posted by alex98uk View Post
                    I'm just waiting for the first person to have a bad round where they are killed repeatedly with a ACOG scoped gun, to come on TGN and start complaining that it is too overpowered. At that other guns need to be made better in order to match it.

It's a vicious cycle. I have seen it happen to BF2, i don't want to see it happen to CoD4.
                    Unfortunately with BF2 they just nerfed every weapon that was a bit too good rather than made the rest better.

Comment

The ACOG works about 100% better then it used to.
                      Instant of moving the Scope itself when you look in it, it stays with your cross hairs. I love the ACOG now for all my weapons at are not Smgs.

Originally posted by Bisley_Bob View Post
                      Unfortunately with BF2 they just nerfed every weapon that was a bit too good rather than made the rest better.
                      I agree, EA/Dice didn't know/ care what the gamers themselves wanted in the patches and made the patches break more things then fix.
                      I do agree on the Nerfing. They Nerfed the J-10 down to only having 4 or 5 bombs and that was it, but it was still overpowered in the sence that it was so much faster then anything else in the game.

Comment

ACOG makes the targets appear larger, but it will not turn an assault rifle into a sniper rifle accuracy wise.
                        Also the larger the zoom, the more sway you will have. That's realistic and if you don't want it, don't use it.
                        The distance may not perfectly represent real life scales, but in those small maps it would be boring if every rifle could be used to snipe.

Actually I wonder why people need the ACOG scope at all. Bad eyes?

Comment

The patch wasn't only about the ACOG, snipers got help too.

G36C with the ACOG is the epitome of ACOG perfection. With so little sway, and now thanks to 1.3 great hit detection, it makes for a beast at all ranges. I found a tremendous difference since last patch. It used to be that shots that looked dead on didn't hit, even compensating for the G36C's visual problem. Now it actually does hit, and kills very effectively.

m_d, you say greater zoom makes more sway, the reflex is 1x, the ACOG 1.5x. The reflex doesn't sway at all on some guns, while the ACOG flails all over the place on anything but the G36C. It's not proportional.

It still needs help with the overblown sway, but at least those shots you waited so long to line up actually hit.

Keep in mind, Bradley, it never said they were changing the ACOG, only hit detection.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDesert_Fox View Post
                            m_d, you say greater zoom makes more sway, the reflex is 1x, the ACOG 1.5x. The reflex doesn't sway at all on some guns, while the ACOG flails all over the place on anything but the G36C. It's not proportional.
                            That was more of an explanation about sway on real guns, because some people complained about too much sway.
                            In the game some guns actually have no or little sway, but on real guns if there is any sway at all, increasing the zoom level will also increase the visual sway.

So basically that's what you should expect in a game too.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferali View Post
                              It's the crying idiots that got this "fix" in the first place. While nothing needed fixing...
                              i agree, IMO the things that really need balancing fixes have not been made, e.g. martdom, GL etc

The snipers WERE fine before i could use them very well, but now its just point and click and it feels cheaper than BF2.

Comment

yeah I loved the game how it was.. there are always ppl bitching about somethign when it is great and now look what happened it is a campfest.. my whole team just sits and camps and any server with less then 32 people in it.. and on some of the bigger maps even when there is 32 people.. I really hate this crap.. It was the best game ever and now it just feels like every other game out..

Comment

Working...
                                X