X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confessions of a Stat Whore

Confessions of a stat whore.

I rely only on myself in BF2. I believe playing for yourself and taking care of your own @ss will keep you alive longer and will get you more kills. I will not sacrafice myself for anyone that is out of reach. When I am in heavy under-fire I will revive you so that you'll be my body shield while I escape around the courner. I will shoot you if you are in my way, too many time have I watched out for my teammates only to be shot cause he was not able to kill the enemy. A negative I can always be regained but a death I cannot bring back. I will jump and jump and do anything to live or outshoot you. You may complain but I will be the one that is walking away. If you have done the same perhaps you might of stood a chance. There is no wrong or right way to play the game, if I can do it with-out marcros then it is legit to me. Do not tell me how I should play or what guns I am suppose to be using to be fair. War is not fair, only the cheap, cunning and strong survives.

I believe no one in BF2(discluding clan play)plays the game thinking of others, everyone is out for themself. Everyone in BF2 will play the game how they want, and how they want is about themself. No one really starts a round thinking "I hope squad two will go this way while my team heads that way and meet up at this CP so we can flank the enemy". When I play BF2 I take whatever flags I want or is nessesary to win, all I can hope for is that my other teammates are doing the same. In BF2 people are retarded and will most likely have no common sense in a situation where they should already know what to do. Perfect Example:: I was capping a CP with another teammate. I get sniped from far away, because he was spec op he couldn't revive. He disregarded my medic kit and my dying body and sits there for 10 seconds only to be knifed. A control point lost just like that... there is a reason why we can press "G" to switch kit.
    You might be saying this guy knows nothing of teamwork but I do, I play PR and many other modds that requires great teamwork. Frankly they are good but annoying most of the time, I feel limited and besides my stats do not improve there.

I love to win and get gold stars, I love it even more if I get both. I play to win and only to win, althought I can accept loss on good rounds. Anyone who sais they play only to have fun are obvisouly losers or do not win a lot. I play to win therefore when I win I have fun. Please don't also tell me that there is a wrong and a right way to win or have fun...
    I will not die for a team that doesn't do squat or push hard enough. I will not die with out a cause because of hackers. I will leave the room anytime those two things happen.
    1, you are only as strong as the weakest person on your team.
    2, you will die against a hacker.

I believe I am playing the game how it was meant to be play. I revive, I kill, I give out ammo, I capture flap points and I keep my deaths low.
    So just because I play to improve me and my stats, do not complain that all I care about is my points(which I do) but it also evens it out because I help you in the process of it.
    I'll do my part and let's just hope you can fullfill yours as-well.
    Sincerly your Stat Whore,
    RedxInk

Thats the rules i live by.. good post

Comment

Originally posted by RedxInk View Post
      Sincerly your Stat Whore,
      RedxInk
      I appreciate your honesty. I may as well have written this, seeing as I agree with most of it.

Now if I could just get those pesky people in my thread to accept my redlining... :laugh:

Comment

Reading between the lines I can feel the guilty conscious deep inside you, inspite of all the pride on the surface. Maybe this confession will make The Man be more merciful when your judgement day comes lol.

Comment

Confessions of a stat whore.
          Man, you’re alright.
          No need to feel guilty for playing the game the way you like.
          I do the same.

Comment

Do not tell me how I should play or what guns I am suppose to be using to be fair.
            Lol, you are totally correct. I always hear people saying, DAO noob, G36e/c noob, noob toob, support noob, I just smile and tell them, hey I can afford better guns then you

When I am in heavy under-fire I will revive you so that you'll be my body shield while I escape around the courner
            Couldn't agree with you more, sometimes I revive someone to take the hit for me. I mean it's not my fault they come out of revived standing still looking like a tard. I come out shooting :P

Comment

for me

stats = DRUgs!

Comment

Originally posted by Sloi View Post
                Now if I could just get those pesky people in my thread to accept my redlining... :laugh:
                I am with you all the way on redlining. Do what you have to do to win!

Originally posted by Gen.Vlade
                Reading between the lines I can feel the guilty conscious deep inside you, inspite of all the pride on the surface. Maybe this confession will make The Man be more merciful when your judgement day comes lol.
                I think of it more as guilty pleasures.
                When the day do come and I meet The Man. He will say "Son, I gave you all the nessesary tools to survive in a cold harsh environment. You used every bits of pieces you could and amounted to the top, what more can a father ask for".

Comment

.I believe no one in BF2(discluding clan play)plays the game thinking of others, everyone is out for themself.RedxInk
                  Well thats's not entirely true. There are alot players out there who sacrifice their stats for the good of teamwork, I being one of them! Like when I go squad leader and let my squad spawn near an enemy flag and end up finishing mid table.

Comment

I can agree with most of it.
                    But the reviving a teammate when you know he'll die again because you did not kill the enemy first, is not smart. Allthough you re-killed teammate will not have another death added, the enemy get's another kill added to his stats and you get another ticket dropped on your side.
                    In order to win the round it is better to kill the enemy first (points for you and ticket drop for enemy team) and then revive (more points for you and less ticket drop for your team).
                    It's so frustrating to be revived just to get killed again.
                    Still, in order to just get points and not caring about the outcome of the round and/or your respect from your team, it is ok to just revive anything lying on the ground.

No one really starts a round thinking "I hope squad two will go this way while my team heads that way and meet up at this CP so we can flank the enemy".
                    I do, kind of. Not exactly this thought, but I watch the battle and the behaviour of my team and select my strategy from the pool of possibilities, choosing the most suitable. So if I would see a squad going that way, then I would try to go the other way to meet at this CP....
                    I will not always play like this, because there are times, when even I don't set my priorities on intense teamplay but on intense noobtubing etc.
                    There is a time for everything....

FipZ

Comment

There is also a great guide here:

Comment

You can revive someone as much as you want, tickets are taken only upon re-spawning.

Comment

I believe no one in BF2(discluding clan play)plays the game thinking of others, everyone is out for themself. Everyone in BF2 will play the game how they want, and how they want is about themself.
                          You can believe that but factually you'd be wrong. The *only* reason I continue to play this game is because of the comaradarie and teamwork. I play to help my team win the round and couldn't care less about gold/silver/bronze stars or other individual awards. I most value good teamwork...I'll switch to the losing team if there are people on there I know will play together as a squad.

In BF2 people are retarded and will most likely have no common sense in a situation where they should already know what to do. Perfect Example:: I was capping a CP with another teammate. I get sniped from far away, because he was spec op he couldn't revive. He disregarded my medic kit and my dying body and sits there for 10 seconds only to be knifed. A control point lost just like that... there is a reason why we can press "G" to switch kit.
                          One could also say you got some of your own selfish medicine. The player was obviously playing the game like he wanted to play it and didn't give a rat's *** about you or your Medic kit. Take cover next time. :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield View Post
                            You can revive someone as much as you want, tickets are taken only upon re-spawning.
                            Really? Never noticed that.

FipZ

Comment

Originally posted by ElFipso View Post
                              Really? Never noticed that.

FipZ
                              Seriously? That's pretty funny. Yeah, the only real downside is that the 15 sec respawn timer resets each time you're critically wounded so it can be frustrating to be out of action for so long...especially for today's "ADD - got to have it now" generation.

Comment

Working...
                              X