Snipers not team players?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snipers not team players?

Well I just had a round of RTJ infantry only of corse :yay: so i squad up and we head for outpost, as i spawn on our squad leader a fellow squad member has a go at me for being a sniper because he thinks they are not a "team player" so i talked it out with him pointing out that if they ran into another sniper they would have little chance of killing him and other targets at range, but he refuses to agree with me so, I know snipers are by definiton lone wolves but they do do whats beast for the team dont they?
    So my question is this, do you guys think snipers are team players?

the kit used is irrelevant to whether or not a person is a team player. it's the player, of course.

Comment

agreed with mwillin0000

but i belive as long as snipers are killing the bad guys, then theyre helping their team.

Comment

Snipers have a far longer spotting and killing range than any other class/weapon.

A squad should use such an advantage.

Comment

snipers are team players as long as they're doing their job.

Comment

I know what you mean, I'm mostly a sniper and I get yelled at for not helping, even though im killing the far away enemies just so my team can get there a little bit easier, without us snipers, you guys couldnt get far... I highly note on this while base raping at Oman...

Comment

The guy was an idiot - of course snipers are team players.

Comment

Snipers can help alot, but as someone said.
                It's not the kit that makes a teamplayer, it's the person.

Comment

Ditto on the player determining whether they're a team player versus the kit they're using.

I've seen non-team players using the sniper kit but also are just as likely, if not more, to be using the Medic kit or Support kit.

I might agree with your SL assessment *if* you joined a squad with a sniper kit that already had one or more snipers in it. The real need for a sniper kit in a squad is situational.

Comment

If your typical sniper is a guy sitting on the hill, killing ppl from far away, then no.

Comment

Ideally all the players should be joining squads, and there should be 1 squad member from each class. Even though 1 or 2 lone wolf snipers are acceptable, the rest of the snipers should be fundamental part of the squads, just like the assault, support, medic and the rest of the classes.

Comment

Originally posted by waaah_wah View Post
                        If your typical sniper is a guy sitting on the hill, killing ppl from far away, then no.
                        I thought you played PR?

So snipers should be out going after people dm style?

Comment

i can post about 10ish ss's (At least), of me being a sniper and my team winning because of it.....................

Comment

Originally posted by LightBred View Post
                            I thought you played PR?

So snipers should be out going after people dm style?
                            If you have a semi auto sniper then yes A sniper with a bolt action rifle should stay far away and kill "important ppl". That wont work too well in BF2 coz you cant see who's the SL. In PR if you see a group of ppl, you headshot the guy with a big backpack (SL with the officers kit) and sit there with an evil grin coz the SL will probably have to walk from their main base. Now that squad cant set up rally points and will have to wait for their SL. When im sniping in PR, i usually do annoying stuff like killing enemys SL's and commanders. But if i can shoot someone without them seing me, i will The problem with sniping in PR is that other weapons are really accurate at below 200 meters so you have to be really far away. Plus the weapon makes alot of noise so you will have to change your hiding spot all the time.

Comment

a team player is someone who helps out the team, so yes of course the sniper is a team player, whether it means helping to capture flags/defend them, or killing people on the other team and helping to reduce tickets.

Someone who isn't a team player is someone who teamkills, or gets kicked out for a long idle time.

Comment

Working...
                              X