EA Screwing Customers Over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EA Screwing Customers Over

So EA is at it again and this time they are coming back with a vengeance, they are out to screw gamers over to make more money. So far the only game of which this pertains to is Battlefield 2142 and Battlefield 2142 Northern Strike if you purchased them off the EA Download service.

I just went to EA Link to redownload Northern Strike, Armored Fury and EuroForces. EA Link is gone, instead they replaced it with the new EA Store and EA Downloader. I thought cool, cool back to the beginning, so I went looking around. I found a game I was interested in so I add it to the cart, when I check the cart theres a extended download service?!? Now wait a minute, whats this, I have to now pay an extra $5.99 to purchase and download it? No it gets better, I open it up and it says that you only get a 6 months to redownload your game before it expires and that for 5.99 you can expand it up to 2 years, plus there charging tax now. So since this got started the default purchase date was set to the launch of the new downloader, all my stuff that I purchased before now says I got it on 9/17/2007. So does this mean in six months if I need to redownload my expansions again I need to buy them again and pay 5.99 to allow me to download them for the next 2 years!!! EA gets all the profit already from EA Link, but now they want more.

**IMPORTANT EDIT** While the new arrangement sucks with EA and some are pointing out that it might just be very illegal, I just finished downloading NS and its turned out to be a regular old fashioned executable setup file from which I could install NS without problems. This should make backing up simple as hell!!

Go to your main HDD (C:\) and find

C:\ProgramData\Electronic Arts\EADM\Cache\{#########}

for example Northern Strike is:

C:\ProgramData\Electronic Arts\EADM\cache\{ do not share this # }\bf2142_bp1\setup.exe

you'll see clearly labeled (thank you for once EA) folders which contain now (not back in EA Link) setup.exe files which you can burn to disc. WOOT WOOT!
    Problem for me is, that I have had the games installed for a while now and I had deleted the cache files to save hard drive space. So now I am in a bit of a pickle trying to see how I can re-download and backup the game.

If EA did this is one of their games, they will do it to their other games, not to mention the fact that EA could care less about the community and only about making money. Makes you want the game developers to publish the games themselves rather than hand them to EA.

Source:

Digg:

Re: EA Screwing Customers Over

All that everybody needs to do is screw them back and not buy anything else from them again.

Comment

bunch of kn**s well anyway luckey i backed up all the stuff that i got from ea downloader.

Comment

One rule--always always always buy retail if it is available that way and get that disk in your hand. No problem.

However, I bought MOH:Airborne at a store and E.A. still screwed me over because the game is an utter POS.

Comment

Originally posted by Gen.Vlade View Post
          All that everybody needs to do is screw them back and not buy anything else from them again.
          Which will never happen.
          I`ll buy Crysis the second it`s out. There`s nothing we can do.

Comment

The only way they have screwed me over is by tricking me into buying this game that wasted 800 hours of my life during the last 2.5 years.

I'm 25 grand short, plus $49.99 what I payed for it.

Comment

Definitely, I am going to have to buy retail copies now for every game.

Meanwhile I will have to acquire the game to back it up via alternative means.

From now on I only buy games from STEAM, that it, if I cannot get a retail copy.

Comment

I don't get it why many companies that offer downloadable stuff make it such a pain in the rear. They do not give you any discount buying it online, although they save tons of money on packaging & shipping. Now you have to pay extra to be able to download it again? What a ripoff. It is not like they are storing a copy just for you to download... I downloaded AF from EA, but now bought the retail pack, so I don't have to do the hassle with EA downloads ever again. While we may not have the option not to buy EA games, I think we all have the option not to use their lousy download service and let them know that it is inconvenient, overpriced, and anything but customer oriented...

Comment

Originally posted by wtrtwnguy View Post
                  I don't get it why many companies that offer downloadable stuff make it such a pain in the rear. They do not give you any discount buying it online, although they save tons of money on packaging & shipping. Now you have to pay extra to be able to download it again? What a ripoff. It is not like they are storing a copy just for you to download... I downloaded AF from EA, but now bought the retail pack, so I don't have to do the hassle with EA downloads ever again. While we may not have the option not to buy EA games, I think we all have the option not to use their lousy download service and let them know that it is inconvenient, overpriced, and anything but customer oriented...
                  You have clearly missed the point. The benefit to you from online stores is the convenience of not having to out and buy it. Sure they make a saving, and thus, they make more profits (Business's are meant to do this in case you didn't know).

I just got this new "download manager", i logged in fine and re-downloaded, easy...

Comment

I <3 steam,being abe to download your games anywhere is brilliant.

Comment

I've had EF since it came out and had no problems re-downloading it a couple weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by alex98uk View Post
                        You have clearly missed the point. The benefit to you from online stores is the convenience of not having to out and buy it.
                        It's very convenient, especially for lazy fat asses that leave their rooms only to stuff themselves with food full with cholesterol at the local buffets, and then bi tch at the world for being obese and disgusting. You know, the type that waits half hour for the parking spot that's 6 feet closer to the entrance.

Comment

Originally posted by Gen.Vlade View Post
                          After MOHA, I never will NEVER AGAIN. YOU HEAR THAT EA YOU ****ING PUNKS??? NEVER AGAIN WILL I BUY A GAME FROM YOUR ****TY COMANY!

Comment

Yeah you tell'em!

Comment

im srry but im addicted to EA

Comment

Working...
                              X