New to game, little improvement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to game, little improvement

Hi im new to the game and after a good few hours playing im struggling to find ways to improve, i struggle to get even kills to death and it always seems people are one step ahead of me. Just wondering if there are any key things i need to learn.

Re: New to game, little improvement

Have you tried playing against bots for a while first?

That's always a good idea.

Play single player mode and learn how each weapon works. Also use single player to learn the control point names and where the assets are at each control point. That will go a long way towards helping you become a better BF2 player.

Once you're comfortable with taking out bots easily and you know most of the control points, then go back to multiplayer and I bet you'll be pleasantly surprised. When you DO go multiplayer, join a squad and follow all squad leader orders and watch what they do. Where they go, how they get there, and how they stay alive and work as a team.

In the chaotic environment of multiplayer, it's a little more difficult to learn when you're first starting out.

Comment

well i would say that you should start on smaller maps then big maps like a 16 player map. or you could try playing sinle player and getting used to the guns. also working in a squad might help if u get a squad that will actually do squad work

Comment

I have played offline a fair bit against low level bots and theyare nothing compared to online, should i try to mive to high level bots before coming online?

Comment

Sure, you can try that too. The only real difference will be their aim.

So if you think you know the maps fairly well from playing single player, then go online but join a squad and just act like a slave to the squad leader. Maybe pick a squad that has a name like 'teamwork' or maybe even go for a squad that you know is using voip (e.g. has 'voip' in the squad name).

Just don't go lone wolf at the start..you'll get whooped and feel discouraged. In a squad, you stand a much better chance of surviving.

Comment

First advise is getting used to the maps, knowing where people will hide and stuff. This doesn't need to on a NPC server, create your own server OR join an unranked one, look around the maps 16, 32 and 64 ones, and try to work out where people might hide, even try to make you own plans.

Comment

Look at this post, you might find some tips there useful

Comment

Is there any kits i should try to use more and any guns i should watch out for/use as much as possible. Also, how long should i expect to have to play kit to unlock a weapon?

Comment

You will need to rank up to unlock weapons, you will get one unlock point per rank up fom Lance Corporal. Two unlock points if you have played ONE COMPLETE round of SF.

For new people, the medic is probably the best, if injured, you can hide and heal yourself (and your teammates!!!).

Watch out for snipers! Some people are VERY VERY VERY good, they can anticipate your moves and will kill you fast.

For eg. You see a friend of your get killled next to you, and you recognise that he was sniped (looking at the kill list on the top left). NEVER, I MEAN NEVER, go to revive him, that sniper WILL be expecting someone. UNLESS you know how to do the "prone-jump-defibilerate-jump-run" move.

Find more help in the Tipp and Tricks section Don't post for help, jus surf around to find "tipps and tricks!"

AND yes! it took me 7 mins to type that...

Comment

Use the zoom function for every weapon. It is a must.

Comment

Unlock points? Does that mean i can send it on whatever unlocks i want, because i want the G36C for spec ops and i have ranked up once.

Comment

You will need to be higher than Lance Corporal. After that you will get the points to unlock. You can then unlock the G36C!
                        GL!

Comment

I'd say play as medic, join a squad with some high ranked players, and follow them around, don't try to lead (ignore comments here that rank doesn't matter, IT DOES!).

Don't attract attention by shooting at targets you can't take down.
                          Move quickly when in the open, move from cover to cover.
                          Kneel or go prone when shooting targets at medium to long range.
                          At short range it's a different ball game, read up and practice what is called the "circle of death" (it's much more preferable to bunny hopping etc.).

Also, tune your computer, framerate is life and a smooth game enables a smooth aim.

Read and follow this guide...

Comment

Learn the maps. Know the major paths and the least-traveled paths to the flags if you're playing city and non-open-desert maps. This way you can either predict enemy movement or avoid them or use a path to capture an unguarded flag.

Stick with a group of people. Don't just run off into the battlefield by yourself. You are not superman and you'll just die almost instantly. In a group, there are more targets for the enemy, so you will die less often. Also, a medic or support may help if you need it. Commanders usually spot infantrymen wondering away from the frontlines, so if you're by yourself, you'll soon find a group of bad guys waiting to eat your body up.

Don't stand retardedly in wide-open areas. Stay behind corners, crates, trees, buildings, and vehicles to guard you against infantry fire, and especially against snipers. Don't say in one area too long -- you're just waiting for a grenade. Keep moving if you don't have anything to shoot.

Comment

Play as a medic on 32P maps, and stick to a large squad. Try to pick the squad with the highest rank player, or a squad with clan players, and follow them around. Shoot in the direction that they shoot, and try to revive your squad leader at any cost. Never go sniper under ANY circumstances. You'll just get kicked from the squad.

Best map to learn on? Playing MEC on Sharqi Peninsular. It's got almost everything.

After you do that for a while, you'll see how other people play, and where they go. Get enough revives, and you'll even start getting into the medals.

Comment

Working...
                              X