Air Supply(not the band)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Supply(not the band)

Wouldn't it be cool if supply boxes could give you the ability to change kits by standing next to it. Lots of time I often want to repair the bridge or C4 the UAV aspects but chances are I'll be medic.
    You should be able to swap into C4 kit and blow up UAV and get your kit back.
    Also it shouldn't be instant change because that way people won't exploit it in anyway. Maybe then the supply box would be a lot more useful.

Re: Air Supply(not the band)

Well, you can always kill an enemy soldier an pick up his kit I was thinking about the ability to change your kit, but it is probably not a good idea. I see how people would exploit it. Let's face it, soldiers don't just switch kits in the field either. People would camp out near supply crates and switch back and forth as they see fit. Plus you do not need it to repair bridges anyway since the supply crate alone can. Also, people are already having way too much fun blowing up commander assets, no need to make it easier.

What I'd rather wish is that pilots were unarmed OR would lose all their ammunition when they get in the cockpit.

Comment

What about an explosive supply crate so when you blow it up next to the enemy tank the wh0re goes too! I mean it only makes sense, it replentices your tank shells, AT rockets, nades, C4, AA missiles you name it yet nothign exciting occurs when your blow it up... :ssigh::

Comment

Originally posted by RedxInk
        Wouldn't it be cool if supply boxes could give you the ability to change kits by standing next to it. Lots of time I often want to repair the bridge or C4 the UAV aspects but chances are I'll be medic.
        Yes it would be.

You should be able to swap into C4 kit and blow up UAV and get your kit back.
        Yes you should be.
        Also it shouldn't be instant change because that way people won't exploit it in anyway. Maybe then the supply box would be a lot more useful.
        Yes it would be.

So apart from the wishful thinking, do you have any questions?

Comment

Originally posted by wtrtwnguy View Post

What I'd rather hope for is that pilots were unarmed OR would lose all their ammunition when they get in the cockpit.
          I may have only flown a Cessna 152 as an 11 year old, yet even I know that a pilot gets a sidearm and some ammunition incase they are downed. For this purpose, the MP7 is the best choice, and so is a 92FS. Yet still, the planes featured in this game are quite large, and should be able to carry a rifle or two under the ejection seat.

Comment

Would it be nice? yes Would it happen? i don't think so

Comment

i bet someone will find a way to glitch it so that u get all the weapons in the game. so u can fight someone using an ak101 and when hes out of ammo, he'll pull out a RPK or shotgun.

Comment

Originally posted by ConscriptVirus View Post
                i bet someone will find a way to glitch it so that u get all the weapons in the game. so u can fight someone using an ak101 and when hes out of ammo, he'll pull out a RPK or shotgun.
                More like you pull out and empty the clips of every weapon in the game into his back, then he turns around and 1 shot kills you

Comment

What I'd rather wish is that pilots were unarmed OR would lose all their ammunition when they get in the cockpit.
                  Should be like in Project Reality mod, you need to request a pilot kit (knife, pistol, red signal grenade and a field dressing) to fly jets and chopters.

Field dressing is a mini med pack that heals 20 hp btw

Comment

Originally posted by System View Post
                    What about an explosive supply crate so when you blow it up next to the enemy tank the wh0re goes too! I mean it only makes sense, it replentices your tank shells, AT rockets, nades, C4, AA missiles you name it yet nothign exciting occurs when your blow it up... :ssigh::
                    I actually like that idea, think about it this way.........

The supply crate is "full" of ammunition, why WOULDNT it be a massive explosion when you blow it up? It blows up and has a splash damage of 50-100m, has shrapnel damage from all the wrenches flying out of it, and it should spew about 50 med packs for everyone to use LOL

I could see it now, a guy just out of range of the splash damage gets hit in the chest with a flying wrench so he runs over and picks up a med pack to heal himself LOL

Comment

I know it sounds realistic for the supply crates to explode, but wouldn't it screw up the game? You usually throw supply crates near units that are in combat and need replenishment and repair. If the crates exploded, you might just as well throw them on enemy units and then shoot at it, effectively using it as a bomb.
                      Another possible exploit: out of C4? Drop a supply crate near you and a commander asset, replenish your C4 AND use the supply crate to blow up one of the assets....

Comment

I know it sounds realistic for the supply crates to explode, but wouldn't it screw up the game? You usually throw supply crates near units that are in combat and need replenishment and repair. If the crates exploded, you might just as well throw them on enemy units and then shoot at it, effectively using it as a bomb.
                        Another possible exploit: out of C4? Drop a supply crate near you and a commander asset, replenish your C4 AND use the supply crate to blow up one of the assets....
                        I like it. Then you get less armour wh0re parties sitting in a choke point with who knows how many supply crates behind them.

Comment

If a supply box were to be used like that, it would be the equivalent of artillery.
                          *With the splash damage idea for the supply box

Comment

exploit exploit exploit, bf2 has tons of it why not add one more to the list of the awesome kit changing,exploding,shards flying, medic bag everywhere explosion supply crates. Besides it't not like the supply crate falls every couple seconds
                            oh wait it does sometimes >.<

Comment

Why should only medic bags be flying out? The crate is also full of claymores, C4, and AT mines. Since, for some reason, these do not explode no matter what you throw at them, they should be flying out and scatter all around, too! Of course, since they would not come from a player, they would never expire, littering the battlefield for ever.

Seriously though, poor commanders if crates were able to change your outfit. I see it now, players whining they need to dress up, requesting a port-a-locker. Or, it might compel commanders to do the work themselves and become the "terminator", changing kits as they see fit.

Comment

Working...
                              X