video card...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• video card...

ive just finished building my comp, which has come out great with no problems, but as you can tell there is one part that dosent fit, my vid card... the problem that i cant decide over is wether to get a high end card right now, and possibly going SLI in the distant future, so that i have a powerful rig...

on the other hand, i know that the dx10 cards are comming out end of this/beginning of next year, so i dont know if i should wait for thoes cards. if i wait for thoes card, i can get a high end dx10 card and then maybe get a second after another year maybe. the only problem is that i think that it would be unbarable to wait until the dx10 card with my 6200

i dont want to go down the path of getting a mid end card now, then a high end dx10 card later, because i dont want to waste more money on a different card which is going to be replaced in a few months

sorry for the long post
    im pretty much asking for other peoples opinions before i carry it out (money shouldnt be an issue as long as its nothing insane)

EDIT: one of my main cocerns is: will the dx10 games be compatible with dx9? i imagine so, because they cant expect everybody who plays computer games to buy a new graphics card...

Re: video card...

If you really can't wait for DX10, I would get an x850xt (or some other relatively cheap card) right now, sell it, and get a DX10 card when you need to. The DX10 cards were rumored to come out 4th quarter this year, which starts next month
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814102688

Pretty much all DX10 games will also have an option to run at DX9. Until a couple years down the road when DX10 will be much more available.

But with how soon DX10 is coming, I think it would be best to just to stick with the 6200 and save some money for a better DX10 card

Comment

hey just wondering ....are the dx10 cards gonna be in agp?

Comment

Neither nvidia nor ATI has said anything about whether they are making some DX10 AGP cards or not, but with how scarce new AGP cards are now, I wouldn't expect more than a few, if any at all.

Comment

get a 7600 gt instead of the x850xt
          just because it supports shaders 3.0
          and that should easily fun bf2 maxed out

Comment

Working...
          X