X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Download Poe2 And Try It!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by SoldierOfChrist
    I Dled and tried PoE2.

I don't like it that much, seeing as I'm a sniper/long range shooter its just not my type of mod, its mostly based on infantry/armour combat.

If your a sniper, DON'T GET IT.
    That's nonsense. Not only can you actually have more success (kill more) because of the better rifles, you are also critical for calling in artillery.

Snipers have MORE of a ROLE in POE2 than in BF2 because they serve a PURPOSE by calling in arty. They are observers as well as killers.

Try out the mod before you diss it...

Cheers :-)

Comment

Re: Download PoE2 And Try It!!!!!!!!

Orel and well as the 16 man maps are very infantry oriented.

Comment

Originally posted by CensoredByGod
        So now theres a forum for this mod and others yet theres 10 new threads regarding it. A BF2 patch thread gets locked though

As for POE2 its ok, nothing great like many are trying to make it out to be. Its a beta, plain and simple. May have fixed the CTD problem but it has introduced more problems. Before I have to hear some genius say "Try it" well I spent about 8 hrs on it. Lots of maps, equal amount of lag (My sys is top of the line so I dont need to hear that either), shotty weapons systems, over powered vehcs, under powered anti vehcs, bunny hopping, dolphin diving, etc. Its a very good first release, dont get me wrong. However, that said it is a first release and is buggy.

Like some one else said "make up your own mind". Of course they were reffering to negative opinion and expecting you to go along with their positive opinion. Don't be fooled by the hype.

By the way you forgot to add a "Yes, But I didnt like it much" to the poll, the way its set up now is very decieving. Yes, No and Not going to isn't really a good measure of opinion. The way it is now, even my vote of yes would seem like I liked it.
        If your system is top of the line and you have issues you have set your PC up incorrectly. Mine is also a wicked machine and I have reformatted more than a few times to set it up the best I can and guess what, no more problems for Smokejumper.

Comment

POE2 Amazing, i love it xD

Comment

I found it absoloutley amazing when i first played it. The more i play it the more i hate it, becuase the more issues you find with it, which are 100X worse than vBF2 issues.

I'd have to say i don't think i'll be playing it much anymore. It's too easy for snipers and nothing is fun when half the team is sniping, I play games for fun but i'm increasingly finding vBF2 more fun, maybe when city maps are released there won't be so much sniping going on.

No i didn't get owned by sniping, i've done it myself and thought "this is abit easy isn't it?, compaired to how much you have to do to kill with other guns"

It's a joke. An entire mod full of good models, skins, sounds and animations ruined by some smacktard in the dev team who probably sniped all the time and decided to make things 100x easier for them, whoever decided that really let the rest of the team down.

Comment

Ummm maybe you misinterpreted what I said ( Im sure it was quite clear though) I "dont" have problems with the exception of the few times I mentioned. 4-5 CTD's in a year is rather few compared to the numerous times Ive played. Are you saying you have never had any problems?? Top pf the line or not, server crashes and CTD's at the join button are more than common even for the best of systems.

I do however have a strange lag problem when playing POE2 that I dont have playing VBF2 or any expansions/boosters. Guess its just my system, since POE2 is such a great well built game

My point's remain solid, the POE2 beta is just that, a Beta. Not great, not terrible, just beta. These topics are even annoying me now and thats sayin something, theres a new forum for his crap and it should be used for it. Instead of using the BF2 forums to tell everyone who doesnt think its "great" how supid they are. Especially considering how many players have decided its not the sliced bread they thought it was.

Comment

Originally posted by 18zulukiller
                Have you been on the infantry map were its like a town going up a hill were you only get an unarmed apc and light vehiclas and loads of buildings you can go inside thats my favourite map ATM i just dont know its name so i cant find it lol.
                I believe the map is Orel.

Comment

Originally posted by CensoredByGod
                  Ummm maybe you misinterpreted what I said ( Im sure it was quite clear though) I "dont" have problems with the exception of the few times I mentioned. 4-5 CTD's in a year is rather few compared to the numerous times Ive played. Are you saying you have never had any problems?? Top pf the line or not, server crashes and CTD's at the join button are more than common even for the best of systems.

I do however have a strange lag problem when playing POE2 that I dont have playing VBF2 or any expansions/boosters. Guess its just my system, since POE2 is such a great well built game

My point's remain solid, the POE2 beta is just that, a Beta. Not great, not terrible, just beta. These topics are even annoying me now and thats sayin something, theres a new forum for his crap and it should be used for it. Instead of using the BF2 forums to tell everyone who doesnt think its "great" how supid they are. Especially considering how many players have decided its not the sliced bread they thought it was.
                  It's not a beta release, I don't know why you keep referring to it like that. The version is 1.0

Comment

Re: Download Poe2 And Try It!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by SoldierOfChrist
                    I Dled and tried PoE2.

I don't like it that much, seeing as I'm a sniper/long range shooter its just not my type of mod, its mostly based on infantry/armour combat.

If your a sniper, DON'T GET IT.
                    You're just mad cause you can't get your precious *one hit ANYWHERE on the body and you at least get a Kill Damage Assist* M95 anymore. : )

Comment

Originally posted by sm007h
                      It's not a beta release, I don't know why you keep referring to it like that. The version is 1.0
                      Is it finished?? Is it buggy?? Does it have kinks to work out?? Just because its not called POE2 Beta doesn't mean it isnt. Noob, you know nothing of the proccess, I suggest you just play it and stfu. BF2 was released retail, yet we all know it was barely more than a beta when we got. Hence the numerous changes made after the initial release. POE2 V1.0 is a BETA. If its not then its a pretty f'n sad release.

SO STFU, don't reply or quote me again until you grow a brain that's usefull for more than installing a game and clicking a mouse button or running your mouth on the forums like you have a clue.

Comment

Can I install this mod and it not effect my regular online ranked gameplay?

Comment

I got it and tried, so did my brother. We both prefer BF2.

Comment

Poop...

Comment

Looks like the bandwagon is losing some wheels..:laugh:

Comment

Not this wagon.

I WUV THIS MOD!

Comment

Working...
                                X