When are you leaving BF2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When are you leaving BF2?

So today in IO Karkand there was an aimbotter, and every match was basically hurling grenades and tripping over friendly claymores. My parachute failed to deploy 3 out of 5 times, resulting in my death. Yea... tbh I'm just bored with it lately lol. Kind of sick of the BF2 kids and the glitches.

So with 2142 laying next to my keyboard, and Frontlines:Fuel of War coming out, I think I'm done with BF2. Since the game is 2+ years old, and most of you are "battle-hardened vets", when do you guys plan on leaving, if you haven't already?

Farewell, trusty SVD whoring. :cry:

Re: When are you leaving BF2?

leave permentally when there is no one to play with...

Slowed down a lot in playing the last little while though, now that I got pretty much everything I can try to get.

But there is the whole SF epic I missed out on so guess what, thats where I'm playing now. warlord and ghost town I/O beat karkand any day me thinks.

Comment

Well, instead of playing the sh*t fest that is karkand IO, maybe you could try other maps or expansions. If you like IO, warlord is probably the best map to play it on.

Just try doing different things in BF2--try different map sizes; maybe maps with vehicles. Or, if you are tired of this game try the ETQW demo, its not too bad but needs some fixes before release IMO. And has lots of destruction and fast gamplay if thats your thing.

I have been playing BF2 since release and yes, I think I am finally tired of it too. I'll probably go back to vanilla in a couple months but who knows. I do play BF2 mods when I get a chance. Maybe you could try some out; BFpirates2 just got released and is hella fun even though there are some things to iron out as well.

Comment

^^^im getting bored of it too, so i'm downloading pirates to see if it helps. if not, i'll go play PR for a week.

Comment

I'm going to stop bf2 soon. It's time to quit when you go 60-0 routinely and think that's just an average game.

Comment

so i'm downloading pirates to see if it helps
            You might want to read this thread on what to do if you keep getting CTD.

Comment

I'll keep playing until there are no servers left.

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkenPirate
                I'll keep playing until there are no servers left.
                Same but that might hurt, because slowly as the servers die off and the word "insomnia" has completely abandonded bf2...there will eventually be only those lasty 8-10 players on that last server...just like the bf1942 multiplayer demo...and then...silence...a legend...gone...a gaming community....evaporated....dispersed...and none of us will ever meet again....and in 50 years or so..we will die...physically....its a funny thing to imagine some guys you know over the internet....dead.

Comment

Well, I'm also pretty much fed up with BF2... I can't hate on it because it was good, but lately it's just gone bonkers. I play other maps like Gulf of Oman-too much air whores, I play kubra dam and others... too much armors and then I play IO karkand-too much nade spammers and aim botters.
                  I just built a new computer ready and good to go... now all I gotta do is play the waiting game on UT. Hopefully they don't delay it again or I'll have to be stuck here on BF2 for another month.

Comment

I'll leave when i'm bored, and that's soon. I have bought CSS which is absolutely awesome. The teamwork rocks and the amount of customisation of the server possible is cool.

However, i also just bought a years membership to FilePlanet, so now i am in Beta heaven. I tried Crysis, and i now have Frontline: Fuels of war to try, so i'm happy!

Comment

thanks to mods the bf2 engine does have a couple years of life left. i can foresee forgotten hope 2 played long into the sunset, just as fh1 is still being played on the bf42 engine.

alex, i heard the frontlines beta was a bust, lots of broken stuff, how did you like it?

Comment

Originally posted by *FMJ*Power View Post
                        thanks to mods the bf2 engine does have a couple years of life left. i can foresee forgotten hope 2 played long into the sunset, just as fh1 is still being played on the bf42 engine.
                        Ah, i forgot FH2. I will be back for that! Just hope it's good on LAN as well.

Originally posted by *FMJ*Power View Post
                        alex, i heard the frontlines beta was a bust, lots of broken stuff, how did you like it?
                        I only downloaded the client this morning, and i'm out today, so i will give it a bash tonight and let you know. Vehicles look very cool though!

Comment

Originally posted by alex98uk View Post
                          i will give it a bash tonight and let you know.

:laugh:

sexual innuendo

Comment

When BF3 comes out....1 more year tops

Comment

When UT3 comes out

Comment

Working...
                              X