Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: commanding and playing

Originally posted by Zach View Post
    ^ Finally! I've been waiting all day for that! I must admit that was surprised when this thread didn't instantly turn into an e-penis parade with dozens of "I'm the greatest player ever! I command and fight and win the game all on my own!" responses, but finally Gen.Vlade stepped up and didn't fail to disappoint me. :laugh:
    You can say and think what you want, I'll just continue playing the way I've been playing for over two years. There was no bragging or anything like that present in my post at all, just my strategy as a player/commander, that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by Gen.Vlade View Post
      There was no bragging or anything like that present in my post at all,...
      Sure, I'll concede that you edited your post after I made my jab to tone down your self-importance, but you couldn't quite go all the way, could you:

Originally posted by Gen.Vlade
      In fact most of the time when I participate, we win, and when I just hide <...>, we loose.
      :salute:

Comment

Originally posted by Zach View Post
        Sure, I'll concede that you edited your post after I made my jab to tone down your self-importance, but you couldn't quite go all the way, could you:

:salute:
        I edited my post to add the p.s. line, and I noticed your post after my edit. Once again, I was just describing my experience, you can say what you want I have no intention to argue with you or explain myself to you, besides my reply was for Simon not for you.

Comment

Originally posted by davelisowski View Post
          BTW, how do I unlock guns? I want the L96 but I don't have anything except for BF2... What rank do I get it? Do I need to type in a code?
          You need the sf expansion pack to get the l96a1. After you rank up, you can get 2 unlocks. Get the m95, then the l9 will be available. Happy to help .

:laugh:
          I prefer the wussy commander that stays in the corner and "hides."

Comment

Originally posted by Gen.Vlade View Post
            ..., besides my reply was for Simon not for you.
            So? My reply was to you. :nod:

Comment

Originally posted by Neptune View Post
              You need the sf expansion pack to get the l96a1. After you rank up, you can get 2 unlocks. Get the m95, then the l9 will be available. Happy to help .

^^^^^^:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:^^^^^^^

I was tryn to command on ghost town last night, its base rape allowed & thats ok with me, anyway some guys really knew where to hide to wipe us out and i found it tought just to try to hide to drop a supply & a arty when it wasnt busted.

Comment

Originally posted by kiwi View Post
                You can protect important flags as commander
                Thats right, u can protect flags, but commander cant fight with his own team ground forces. Commander should stay at the base or defend some flag. (karkand mec commander should defend the suburb when its IO)

Comment

Yeah, searching a 3 year old post is available too... but what the ****, let's just be dumb and suck at a game and then post the same question 1000 times?

BTW, how do I unlock guns? I want the L96 but I don't have anything except for BF2... What rank do I get it? Do I need to type in a code?
                  *adds to the sarcarsm

Yeah, ive got Sf and i havemt played it yet, why wont it let me unlock the guns, ive got it installed, do i need euro force?

Originally posted by Neptune View Post

he was joking dude.

Comment

Commanders need to command... simple.

Now EA needs to give back the ability to get repair points as commander again..cause if he's going to repair and defend his toys he should get the points for it.

Ever since the patch that took em away its been another step in screwing with game play that EA should have never done.

Comment

Originally posted by Gen.Vlade
                      I play commander a lot Simon, and I can do both quite well and I'm not much younger than you. In fact most of the time when I participate, we win, and when I just hide somewhere doing nothing but supporting my troops, we loose. It's all matter of experience. As a commander you have the advantage of knowing which flag needs to be defended and which oponent's flag can be taken because is undefended, and many times your team won't follow orders to take/defend flag. That's where you or I as a commander step in. Some servers have rules of the type "no fighting commander" but what are you supposed to do? Run away when they are shooting at you and not defend your flags? That rule is totally ridiculous. The only rule I agree with is "no flying commander", every other weapon and vehicle should be at your disposal, as long as you can multitask and don't stop supporting your troops. If you can't, maybe you should stick to the commander's map only, or just play something else.

p.s. for the record once again my fighting as a commander consists of simply defending a flag when your team refuses to, or taking isolated undefended flags. Other than that I don't actively fight like you would normally do like when you are a squad member or something.
                      qft,,

Comment

Originally posted by DesertFalcon View Post
                        qft,,
                        What is "qft,," supposed to mean? Not everybody can understand your coded language.

Comment

qft= quoted for truth

Comment

One time on Zatar we had about 9 players a side, so there was armour laying around the map like Britney's underwear laying around the pool.

So I hopped in an AA, hid out, and in between scans & such I managed to earn a good conduct medal!

(sorry this story didn't have a point i was just really proud of getting the medal)

Comment

Despite the rantings of Angry Dave I agree with Vlad. If there is unused armor lying about I will us it to defend. I hop out if a friendly wants in. And if a nearby Flag is not defended by my troops due to skirmishes elsewhere I will do what I can do to defend without leaving my assets vulnerable too long. I tend to go engineer and mine the area for further protection should I have to leave the area temporarily.

Providing support for your troops still has to be your number one priority.

Comment

:thatsbad:I can't wait to answer this again....

You volunteer to command. Do the fvckiing job.

If you need me to explain, then think of a soup kitchen as a metaphor. Yeah, mother fuker, a metaphor. If you can't think of a metaphor or don't know what is, then you don't have any bother concerning yourself with such a game, let alone a question such as the one posted.

Soup kitchen
                                You don't volunteer to eat all the soup (i.e. use the assets for personal gain).
                                You don't volunteer and not pass out soup (i.e. not use assets).
                                You don't volunteer and then spill soup on the floor (i.e. suck at commanding).
                                You don't volunteer and say the entire time, "I'm so awesome" (i.e. suck and decide to go rambo-style which earns you no more points than if you had just sat in a corner).

If you don't know what the **** you are volunteering to do, then don't ****ing volunteer.

And, no, one cannot do anything but command (i.e. see above).
                                What? At least i still don't watch wrestling at that age you dic(end. I bet you are just a little prat who mother still wiping his arse for him.

Have some respect for those who are mature in years. Last thing to stay if you got nothing to add to the topic then STFU

Comment

Working...
                                X