This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you talk like...

Well I laughed at someone today because of the way they were talking in a clan forum. They had it all military formal and not and was quite the joke to read. I told the guy who sent me the link that I was laughing at it because it sounded so rediculous and that I would put it in my favourites under the catagory "Humour".

Needless to say he didn't take it well...

Anyways, how many people take these clan forums too seriously? Look at my rank! I'm a general?! Look up to me and treat me like I'm your superior! Uhhh... Who gives a crap? Ranks mean nothing.

And no, to those of you who think bf2 to the average pubber is an LAX game, get a life. Oh yeah if you have no clue what I'm talking about when I say "LAX," apparently its suppose to be like formal military talk... Something retarded like that.

Woah, this could be stat syndrom on an unexpected level... I thought it was only in ranked games that record... Looks like forums have some too

Ps. the topic of the guys post was about someone double clanning. He introduced himself and all and referred to the other clan as "command". Went along the lines of "Please have your command look at this player and follow our clans rules and ban him command... Command here is x3 links... Command... Command..." The follow up post was even funnier, "We have tried and found him guilty..." Lol...

Would it not be simpler to just say, "hey I'm from this clan xxx and your member is a member in our clan too, we are banning him - (show links)"

Re: Do you talk like...

:|:....

Comment

yea its really stupid as hell this e-rank crap. alot of clans do it, its kinda childish if you ask me.

Comment

Let's laugh at people for what they enjoy doing! Afterall, everyone's business is OUR business, right?

Comment

Originally posted by kmak60 View Post
          Let's laugh at people for what they enjoy doing! Afterall, everyone's business is OUR business, right?
          I was going to post, but i could not have put it better myself.

Comment

someones being a negative nancy

Comment

Well he got a point

Comment

Originally posted by System View Post
                Well I laughed at someone today because of the way they were talking in a clan forum. They had it all military formal and not and was quite the joke to read. I told the guy who sent me the link that I was laughing at it because it sounded so rediculous and that I would put it in my favourites under the catagory "Humour".

Needless to say he didn't take it well...

Anyways, how many people take these clan forums too seriously? Look at my rank! I'm a general?! Look up to me and treat me like I'm your superior! Uhhh... Who gives a crap? Ranks mean nothing.

And no, to those of you who think bf2 to the average pubber is an LAX game, get a life. Oh yeah if you have no clue what I'm talking about when I say "LAX," apparently its suppose to be like formal military talk... Something retarded like that.

Woah, this could be stat syndrom on an unexpected level... I thought it was only in ranked games that record... Looks like forums have some too

Ps. the topic of the guys post was about someone double clanning. He introduced himself and all and referred to the other clan as "command". Went along the lines of "Please have your command look at this player and follow our clans rules and ban him command... Command here is x3 links... Command... Command..." The follow up post was even funnier, "We have tried and found him guilty..." Lol...

Would it not be simpler to just say, "hey I'm from this clan xxx and your member is a member in our clan too, we are banning him - (show links)"
                So you got banned from a clan?

Comment

Backing this up.

You guys are hypocritical dumbas5es.

Comment

No...

This guy came to me and showed me this person that was in two clans. I laughed at the post and then he kept on ranting to me about this LAX crap and told me I was part of it to. I had absolutely no f'ing clue what this guy was trying to say. I kept thinking he was trying to talk about the airport in LA or something.

Then he called me immature for laughing at the post and making some remarks like "sir yes sir!" and "affirmative!!". If you can't see the humour in people who take the inititive to write a post like they are from the military then its your lose. Personally I think they take this game way too seriously and the fact that he tried to tell me I'm part of his LAX group insulted me.

As for kmak60's quote, I guess you can't read the title of the thread properly. I didn't go looking for his post, he sent it to me hence it became my business. The goal of this thread you ask>? It's a simple yes/no laugh at it or not topic.

Comment

its not being a hypocrite to be amused at the fact a bunch of ree-rees get together make up imaginary ranks or apply bf2 ranks to clan chain of command creating a virtual military la la land and all this serious crap when its just a game.

its no different than thinking someones opinion is stupid.

Comment

These really devoted players are exactly who the U.S. army was targeting when they made their free game. Fortunately, as fanatical as you may think these players are, they can still draw the line between games and reality. let 'em enjoy it. it could be much worse.

Comment

give us the friggin link.

Comment

Its all a part of immersion. In the SWAT4 community, there are many fine examples of great clans that use said system of ranks. Ranks of course are based on experience in the game (how do you measure it? STATS!), and their involvement in clans active life. The ones I know from said clans have always been top notch people with little negative internet qualities.

And since it is a GAME, you can take it as a fun cyberhobby. THEIR fun can equally be reenacting certain aspects from the military. I have no doubts that people in THOSE kind of clans actually know what respect is.

Im amused that you think they live their lives accoording to how the create their sentences in the forums of an internet clan. Im also amused that you think its something that is funny. Its not. Each clan has their own ways to suck out the extra fun from a game.

Vasili hit the nail. You guys are crying for attention from a matter that just makes you look blatantly stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield View Post
                              Its all a part of immersion. In the SWAT4 community, there are many fine examples of great clans that use said system of ranks. Ranks of course are based on experience in the game (how do you measure it? STATS!), and their involvement in clans active life. The ones I know from said clans have always been top notch people with little negative internet qualities.

And since it is a GAME, you can take it as a fun cyberhobby. THEIR fun can equally be reenacting certain aspects from the military. I have no doubts that people in THOSE kind of clans actually know what respect is.

Im amused that you think they live their lives accoording to how the create their sentences in the forums of an internet clan. Im also amused that you think its something that is funny. Its not. Each clan has their own ways to suck out the extra fun from a game.

Vasili hit the nail. You guys are crying for attention from a matter that just makes you look blatantly stupid.
                              wasn't looking for any attention so you can save that inadequate attempt at a personal attack.

I wasn't aware it would matter so much to you what others thought? Possibly practice what you preach and call others stupid for?

Comment

Working...
                              X