What makes a good BF2 server ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What makes a good BF2 server ?

Just wanted some input on what makes a good BF2 server ? (maps, SF,EF, vanilla etc,)

Re: What makes a good BF2 server ?

I run 2 popular ranked SF servers in the UK.

The easy answer to this is ADMIN them with admins that are sensible, fair but kick idiots. Proper gamers want to play on servers that arent full of tking , base raping idiots.

Get as many admins on as possible, ensure clans are on the same side. Dont over use the admin powers. Try not to swap players mid game, do it all on load ups. Run the popular maps but also throw in some not so popular.

Keep your eye on your own side cheating, base raping, vehicle whoring etc etc.

It kinda spoils the game for yourself at times but will keep the server full everynight. Even when EA release a patch that crashes every 5 minutes. :evil:

-RD- Citizen Kained ---)> http://www.rdogs.co.uk/

Comment

no smacktards!

Comment

An admin that is always online and good maps.

My perfect server would be. Warlord and Karkand, Infantry only 64 plr.

Comment

-Good Admins
          -32/64 (half full) big maps
          -Vanilla maps
          -NO suped rules (like only spec ops allowed to main base blahblah or commander dont fight at all ect.)
          -no timelimit

oh and I almost forgot:
          -low ping

Comment

Good voice com & TEAMPLAY TEAMPLAY TEAMPLAY !

Comment

Originally posted by aLi3nZ
              An admin that is always online and good maps.
              not exactly humanly possible, but perhaps an easy way to be able to contact an admin via irc or something

Comment

good admins which weed out all the idiots. Good balance of experienced and new gamers. A good foundation of regular players. A good website to back the server up.

The maps are imo secondary as long you play on a well managed server with great co-players.

Comment

1. Good Admins,(dont teamstack, will kick padders/TKers/smacktards, and dont abuse their power)

2. 24/7 city maps and wake, 64 player max/map size.

3. Uses teamwork

4. Team swap every other round.(2 rounds as USMC and then 2 as MEC)

if possible...

5. required that Everyone joins a squad,

6. limit the number of times one can be commander(in a row)

Comment

Originally posted by Scinto
                    not exactly humanly possible, but perhaps an easy way to be able to contact an admin via irc or something
                    You ever been to Old Bastard Clan server? They got a TON of members/admins on in there boy, and almost ALL the time. Good server too.

As for what makes a good server....

1. Whole map is fair game, no stupid rules
                    2. A 64 player busy server, staying near full capacity during most prime hours
                    3. Good admins, not smacktard kiddies who cant stand getting killed so they kick/ban
                    4. Good map rotation with at least 2 or 3 rounds per map

Comment

Commanders that speak. Makes a HUGE difference.

Teamwork. In and out of your squad

Again, voice chat, of squad members.

O and the big one. People who join the a squad, and then stick to the SL.
                      These nothing better than seeing 5 green dots all around you.

And people who know what they are doing. ie. Switching kits with your SL to revive him.

Comment

Originally posted by Colinloves
                        Commanders that speak. Makes a HUGE difference.

Teamwork. In and out of your squad

Again, voice chat, of squad members.

O and the big one. People who join the a squad, and then stick to the SL.
                        These nothing better than seeing 5 green dots all around you.

And people who know what they are doing. ie. Switching kits with your SL to revive him.

yeah loyal squadys rocks ! i was on karkand as SL the other day & i was commanding my squad to give me health take flags defend flags ECT.( they followed all my orders was great fun )

Comment

Like the guys said, 24/7 admins makes a huge difference and IMHO that's the most important thing.

In addition, admins must listen to people complaining about a certain player and be prepared to act on it. If someone is obviously acting like an idiot outside the ROE then they should get kicked, no second chances. If they are behaving within the ROE but still annoying people then it's a gray area but the admins should understand the ROE and know what approach they should take.

If they do then the idiots get kicked and / or banned, the non-idiots start playing regularly on the same server, squad up, get to know people, make an effort to join the teamspeak channel and it's just goes from there.

Also, I find that I tend to enjoy playing on UK servers rather than US servers. This is not about xenophobia, it's more about the fact that you "get" what people are saying when they are speaking your native tongue and it's just "feels" better. Hard to explain but you probably get what I mean ever if you don't agree.

The Old Bastard Clan Server is a perfect example of this as is the ZhG clan server.

Comment

In no order:

Mature admins.
                            Regular team players.
                            Good pings.

Comment

Originally posted by colony
                              You ever been to Old Bastard Clan server? They got a TON of members/admins on in there boy, and almost ALL the time. Good server too.
                              with at least 2 or 3 rounds per map
                              Yeah - OBC's a great server - I like to play there if my server isn't getting players.

They've got good, sensible admins and the gameplay is enjoyable.

And I love the irony of their server message ....

"No swearing or derogatory comments" or something like that - and they're called "Old Bastards Clan" !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X