Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 Stats outage update

Had a look around but couldn't find this (honestly :laugh

I have just received an email from Ea regarding an updated answer to the stats outage.

Basically, we are all getting 2000 points and a gold star.

Enjoy

Re: BF2 Stats outage update

Nice....I'll get more points than I probably earnt during the whole outage.

Comment

Following the June outage of Battlefield 2 stats, DICE and EA have been working to compensate all players who were active during that time for the inconvenience that we realize this issue represented. After examining all the options, it has been decided that players who were active during the stats outage will be granted 2000 points as well as a gold star. This will be awarded to over 150,000 affected players starting at 12:00AM PST August 8, 2007.

Additionally, it was recently discovered that stats from some 64 player servers during the outage period could not be recovered as we had previously believed and sincerely hoped. Stats from smaller servers were unaffected. However, we realize and recognize this still represents a disappointing loss of both time and points to a great deal of players. We want to apologize for that unanticipated outcome, and wish we could provide additional compensation.

We hope that this compensation goes some way towards easing the loss, and wish to again apologize for the frustration this stats issue represented for many of you.

Comment

Good news, but kind of late.

Comment

i haven't received any points.

Comment

Originally posted by LightBred View Post
            i haven't received any points.
            Thats because they are waiting till tomorrow to make this announcement.

We are very sorry to inform the Battlefield community that there has been some problems adding the 2000 points we promised to the 150,000 accounts. We regret to inform you that those accounts have been wiped clean of all points. Sorry for the inconvenience. Kthnxbye

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken_x_Boxer
              Thats because they are waiting till tomorrow to make this announcement.
              How are they able to determine who gets them and who does not? They have a log of all online users during that period or what?

Comment

A gold star?

My life is fulfilled.

Comment

Originally posted by camperstrike View Post
                  A gold star?

My life is fulfilled.

yea seriously....:shakehead:

Comment

Originally posted by LightBred View Post
                    How are they able to determine who gets them and who does not? They have a log of all online users during that period or what?
                    I know the answer to that question.

No really I do...

Comment

This will be interesting to see how EA determines who was online and who wasn't. You know they are going to get it wrong, and people will be crying "OMG, I played too and didn't get any points! EA Sucks!"

2k will be a big impact for the newer BF2 players, but I don't really care. I had some awesome Armor battles in Sharqi that I rather see recorded and the time I spent.

I can see people showing off their SPM now with their new Bonus too.

Would have been nice to see them spend time on releasing a patch rather than trying to "fix" and "Compensate" player stats.

Comment

Forget the points. And just one gold star? Lol.

I'd rather have the time I spent using vehicles. I thought it would be a good time to try out armor saying as it wasn't gonna' count.

So people that may have only earned 1,000 pts will get 2,000 pts. And some people that earned upwards of 5,000 or more, are just gonna' get 2,000 pts? That sucks.

Comment

Yeah, Im one of the ones that earned over 5K and I just got my 2K points added to my BFHQ about 20 minutes ago.......kinda sucks yeah, but its better than nothing.

Originally posted by AncientSerpent3 View Post
                          I'd rather have the time I spent using vehicles.
                          And yeah I would like to get the few hours added to my jet and armor time as well, as well as the few dozen gold/silver/bronze medals I didnt receive.

Comment

as of 4:05 today i have not got any points or a gold star and was playing during the outage.

Comment

Same here, except it's 4:21 AM now.

Comment

Working...
                              X