Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BF2 Lag

Originally posted by ConscriptVirus View Post
    wat settings are u playing on? 1 gig isnt enuff for all high, and if u have textures set on high, that's prob the thing thats causing u the most lag.

also dont forget to update punkbuster
    Yea I was running with 1G of ram and it was a little laggy at times but I just installed 2Gs more for a total of 3 and played last night on a server I usually lag on and it ran nice and smooth.

Originally posted by ConscriptVirus View Post
    well not every set to medium. 7600GT is a good card and when i had a gig of ram, i could set a fewthings to high.
    i played:

terrain: medium
    effects high
    geometry high
    textures medium
    lighting high
    dynamic shadows medium
    dynamic light low
    AA: 2x
    Texture filtering high
    1280x1024

and it ran pretty smoothly, tho i tweaked my computer/video card settings a whole lot, but juts a general idea.
    So now that you have more ram do you set everything to high or what ?

Originally posted by Killer360 View Post
    I turned down my settings and I'm still getting the lag.

My ping suddenly increases to 300+ MS sometimes and it gets extremely laggy.

I don't think it's my computer hardware as these problems have just started happening a few days ago.

I called my ISP and told them my problems, they said they'd look into it, and they called me back and told me my line was all good.

I'm getting extremely pissed off with this stupid lag.
    Try defragging and maybe try to free up some space on your computer. Or get more ram. Go to Crucial.com they will scan your compuer for free and tell you what you need as far as ram goes, and they are reasonably priced.

Comment

I don't think it's ram. I have the recommended system requirements to play BF2 and I'm running everything on medium.

It's a lag issue, and I guess I'll try an antivirus scan and a defrag.

Thx for the reply.

Ok, so I am downloading the latest drivers for my video card that were released in July.... I HOPE THAT THIS FIXES IT...

Comment

I have exactly the same problem, and its not anything dealing with video cards, it's our router. If you have the WRT54G we are in the same boat and I'd like to work with you to fix this problem.

Contact me on xfire or AIM

xfire: kylepeterson

AIM: petersonubp

Comment

Originally posted by Petersonx View Post
          I have exactly the same problem, and its not anything dealing with video cards, it's our router. If you have the WRT54G we are in the same boat and I'd like to work with you to fix this problem.

Contact me on xfire or AIM

xfire: kylepeterson

AIM: petersonubp
          Hello, I have added you to my xfire. I do not believe this is a router issue because I've tried disconnecting my router completely and just using the modem but this still happens. I am using a D-Link DI-524 and have never had any problems like this.

Thanks for your reply.

Comment

Hi again, I just remembered that I did unplug my router and it didn't help, but I think I have the solution. Its the MTU rate on are NIC Card.

Download

See how fast and reliable your internet connection is by using DSLReports tools to speed test, ping test and monitor. Read news, information and join our community

and change your MTU rate to 1300. Over 3 games of Wake Island I had only 1 burst of 300 ping lag. Maybe if I lowered the connection even lower It would work even better?

These are all the things I've done to stabilize my connection

Activated DMZ on router
            Changed MTU rate on NIC card and Router to 1300.
            Make Wireless key.
            Disabled Windows Zero Point Configuration
            Updated Punkbuster

Hope this helps, talk to me on xfire to talk even more.

Comment

Originally posted by Petersonx View Post
              Hi again, I just remembered that I did unplug my router and it didn't help, but I think I have the solution. Its the MTU rate on are NIC Card.

Download

See how fast and reliable your internet connection is by using DSLReports tools to speed test, ping test and monitor. Read news, information and join our community

and change your MTU rate to 1300. Over 3 games of Wake Island I had only 1 burst of 300 ping lag. Maybe if I lowered the connection even lower It would work even better?

These are all the things I've done to stabilize my connection

Activated DMZ on router
              Changed MTU rate on NIC card and Router to 1300.
              Make Wireless key.
              Disabled Windows Zero Point Configuration
              Updated Punkbuster

Hope this helps, talk to me on xfire to talk even more.
              Changing the TCP MTU rate shouldn't affect BF2, because BF2 uses the UDP protocol (don't take my word on this, not entirely sure).

As I said, check for any old phones. These contribute a ****LOAD to noise, and they cause similar problems to what you're describing - ping jumping up, bad connection quality, etc.

Judging by the ping spikes, it's a network issue and updating video drivers will do nothing.

Comment

Got any suggestions?

Comment

go for a defrag?

Comment

Well, I'm smart enough to let it go now.

I deleted my previous posts and suggest that you do the same, petersonx, that way we clean this thread up!

Allthough it seems that "Killer" has no problems anymore, as he's not replying anymore, I created a new thread.

FipZ

Comment

Thanks man

Comment

Hello,

Still having problems here. Found out it is not my ISP after I did some tests.

I will do some things you suggested earlier, Peterson.

Comment

Reformatted, still having the ping spikes....

I don't think it's my ISP either...

I'm wondering... could the ram be causing this? I'm using Mushkin EM2 PC2-5300 1GB 2X512MB on a socket AM2 mobo... could that be the problem?

Comment

Working...
                          X