Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 Lag

Hello,

Whenever I join a new server, I keep getting lot's of lag at the beginning. Every approximately 20-30 seconds the "There is a problem with your connection" message pops up and then it immediately goes away after that. It's very laggy, and idk why. My anti virus is shut off, and my firewall is turned off.

Any help would be great. My pings are usually low. Sometimes they spike though.

Re: BF2 Lag

what are ur system specs?

Comment

Do a virus and spyware check. Clean your BF2 logon cache. Might help.

Comment

how much ram do you have? but yeah specs would help

Comment

Here they are:

MS Windows XP - Asus M2NPV-VM Motherboard - EVGA E-GEFORCE 7600GT PCI-E 256MB - AMD Athlon 3500 2.2 Ghz - Mushkin EM2 PC2-5300 1GB 2X512MB - 80 GB Seagate Barracuda HD

Comment

wat settings are u playing on? 1 gig isnt enuff for all high, and if u have textures set on high, that's prob the thing thats causing u the most lag.

also dont forget to update punkbuster

Comment

Wireless connection by any chance?

Tone down either Textures or Lighting if you have 1GB of RAM (better the latter), you'll get ****loads of paging otherwise.

It's a network problem, most likely. Make sure you have no old phones on your line (assuming you have DSL), they contribute a ****LOAD to noise. Take them all out and see if it persists. I was getting routinely dropped connections because of that. Now I stuck it permanently on Ethernet, optimized TCP settings for all it's worth, fiddled with the latency settings in BF2, and it plays roughly like single player with minor lag (on the ground, anyway).

Comment

Nope, I'm wired. I'll try setting textures to medium then... thanks for the info.

Comment

everything should be on medium not just textures IMO.

Comment

well not every set to medium. 7600GT is a good card and when i had a gig of ram, i could set a fewthings to high.
                    i played:

terrain: medium
                    effects high
                    geometry high
                    textures medium
                    lighting high
                    dynamic shadows medium
                    dynamic light low
                    AA: 2x
                    Texture filtering high
                    1280x1024

and it ran pretty smoothly, tho i tweaked my computer/video card settings a whole lot, but juts a general idea.

Comment

Hmm, well I set settings to medium and it seems to be running a lot better.

Thanks guys.

Comment

I turned down my settings and I'm still getting the lag.

My ping suddenly increases to 300+ MS sometimes and it gets extremely laggy.

I don't think it's my computer hardware as these problems have just started happening a few days ago.

I called my ISP and told them my problems, they said they'd look into it, and they called me back and told me my line was all good.

I'm getting extremely pissed off with this stupid lag.

Comment

scan your computer for viruses, malware, adware

Comment

Originally posted by =TBS=Tonic View Post
                            scan your computer for viruses, malware, adware
                            Ok, I will do that.

I switched CAT-5 cables and that made a bit of a difference. Now on some servers there is no lag and on others, there is a lot. Weird....

Comment

I'll do an antivirus scan in a bit.

Here's a perfect example of what I'm experiencing...

It's DAMN annoying. I also noticed that punk buster is still running after I've exited BF2...

Maybe I'll try contacting EA support after the scan.

Comment

Working...
                              X