Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it's a shame

Quick thread before I go.

Few months prior to this day, this forum was all about "this patch sucks" "DICE sucks" "EA sucks" "all they want is money"

Ok, maybe some of that is true, and maybe the patch was poor.

However, I find it extremely ironic how many people complain about not receiving free content, and then when they do, it's "this sucks, this sucks, and oh, that sucks too"

Maybe EA is trying to revive the community, and I believe that Highway Tampa is still a beta/demo... that means there are still fixes coming.

What are your views on this?
    Do you feel the community tends to just find flaws in whatever free content is presented to them, just for the sake of finding flaws?

While I do not like the new map, I appreciate FREE content.

Re: it's a shame

Very well said. FREE is still FREE !!

Comment

I cant be assed to voice my opinion in this heat, but I'm sure someone will say what I'm thinking in the flame war this thread is going to turn into.

I will make a small imput at the risk of being flamed myself: I dont really care about bf2 extra content-sure its nice-but in the end Dice and EA are just here to make as much money, and highway tampa was just another way for them to make it.

At the end of the day, its only one game, for one gaming medium, so all the peeps who constantly whine about no support can all STFU and go play one of the other half a million games out there.

Comment

It's your opinion. Those who flame aren't voicing theirs, they are just countering yours

Comment

Originally posted by E641 View Post
          Very well said. FREE is still FREE !!

And £35 or $50 is NOT FREE.

Comment

hahahahaha

EF FTL

btw, I love your sig camperstrike.

Comment

Originally posted by camperstrike View Post
              And £35 or $50 is NOT FREE.
              I was referring to the new map, NOT the game.

Comment

have yet to install the map, downloaded though. would be nice if Dice/EA kept in touch with its player base tho with community updates etc, let us know if they are making another patch or what, this map just kind of showed up one day with no prior knowledge, i bet 3/4 of bf2 players dont even know about it yet. there are still LOADS of things that need fixing, and most of these were not around in prior patches, IE J10 imbalance, when they make a patch that works out bugs without adding many new ones alot of people will shut up (i hope) and start enjoying the game again

Comment

A. EA is not doing this to "revive" the community. Intel paid them, and there are still people playing the game; so, Ea is using them/us as advertising dollars.

B. This map is nothing new. So technically, intel could be getting duped depending on how much they paid.

C. I agree it is beta, but the map is over a 1 year old. And, it still sucks.

And yes, your first statement was right. EA/DICE only want the money.

Comment

People here cant put 2 and 2 together.

Old map was in testing, no one really bothered about it. 2 years later rumors spread about EA/DICE dropping support for BF2. Lo and behold, what comes out next week? THE SAME MAP. This is NOT new content.

And the ads are ****ing hilarious. I usually support advertisements in games, but this is so over the top it just makes me want to laugh. It is pathetic, come to think of it.

Try again EA.

Comment

haven't played the map so far

but i will and i'll probably find a way to enjoy as i do with most maps

but with the whole EA thing its still only a little bit in comparison to some other developers

valve: bloody hell, if only they did BF2, with the amount of content they released over the years with CS as well as fixes for this that and another. the only fault so far is the stoopid dynamic pricing but most servers dont run that anyway

novalogic: damn they might be an old company and their games are... well dated. but they still imo provided a better community service then EA have, they provided more servers with varied settings... more game modes. and even now they are still looking after the community for BHD how many years after???? i can't see EA doing that for any BF

and i hope some modder takes tampa and makes a joke with them adverts, just for a good chuckle

Comment

Originally posted by E641 View Post
                        I was referring to the new map, NOT the game.
                        Oh, I'm sorry. Let me play Highway Tampa on a PC without the game.

It's not about the free content - that's gratefully (or not so, as in this case) recieved. It's about them using it purely to make money - they got an advertising deal with Intel, which seems to be the ONLY reason they brought this out - a 2 year old map.

Comment

Originally posted by camperstrike View Post
                          seems to be the ONLY reason they brought this out
                          maybe one of the devs farted and they wanted something to take there minds of the stench... so they got intel to give them money on a false " beer transfer" and then released the map, by this time the fart gas had drifted away and they could once again come up with ways to secretly plant more bugs and spyware that looked into your bathroom

Comment

Novalogic is amazing lol.

I wrote a letter to them in middleschool and was able to join the closed beta

Comment

Originally posted by AerialDistortion View Post
                              Novalogic is amazing lol.

I wrote a letter to them in middleschool and was able to join the closed beta
                              they were annoying at times (i.e. hackers ran wild and nothing was done)

but of recent they have cracked down, and when i go to play a quick nova game it is alot more cheat free, though not 100% but no game is... except maybe barbies horse riding

Comment

Working...
                              X