Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Looking for a heli buddy.

Originally posted by [GU]LIZARD View Post
    Soloing kills the entire game.. People like you kill it, because one day some idiot decided that he'd start doing that crap.. Helicopters were alot more fun when it was just us pilots who actually had skill killed each other with the dumb-fire rockets. Explain to me how it requires skill to switch out of the chopper guide down safely to your target and blow it up, the entire time having all the adjustments... One of the top 13 or was top 13 Immunity actually quit playing BF2 because of that... Every server theirs even noobs who do it, and they hit stuff easily. Its like the J-10 you have no defense if the target is 200 feet above you guiding rockets onto you.

Lizard, I'm one of the last "leet" soloers to have learned the skill. Before that, I was about as good a pilot as anyone could get and trust me, I loved the thrill of dumb rocket combat. However, you have to adapt to your enemy or die. It's very romantic of you to say all of that though...

Soloing and even TVing to some point requires hardly any skill. Float 300 feet in the air and guide your rocket down onto a target. TV missiles should not effect other air vehicles, they are Anti Armor Missiles, find me a video of an apache in real life blowing up another helo with one. I guess if one was sitting still on the ground but as far as in mid air nah that is bs, and its lame. IGLA's and Mobile AA missiles deal little damage to armor so why should a TV guided missile be able to deal damage to a air craft vehicle.

If TVing requires hardly any skill, why is it one of the most requested topics for tips and suggestions? Additionally, why are so few good at it? As for the remainder of your post: again, adapt to the enemy or die.

Serious Soloing is completely for people who want to rack up on points... I got about 12-14k of my kills with dumbfire rockets in vanilla, and a lot of them were infantry, and other helicopters, back before people discovered how to use the TV Guided Missile properly... Whom ever started the whole trend is a moron...

Don't get me wrong, I rake in a lot of points in the process, but I also completely f*ck up the other team's plans by eliminating their armored vehicles from the game. Soloing is also for people who enjoy the challenge and technical aspect of doing everything alone... in other words, without a safety net.

Anyone out there like the guy who posted who actually enjoys gunning, and being a gunner in the sense they aren't all about kills, my xfire is on here hit me up.

I didn't mean to sound an ***. The reasoning behind alot of soloing is also the lack of decent players. People with ranks lower then Captain should not be allowed to fly in my opinion. If you want to fly go to SP, I think it should be an options to allow officers only to fly, On or Off.

I abide by a meritocratic system, so I would have to agree that skilled players take precedence over lesser skilled teammates. The best should lead the way in their vehicle of choice... remember, not everyone gets to become an astronaut.

I hate *** hats who get in it, die, get in it , die get in it die.. .I mean I've seen people who call themselves chopper teams suck. What do I do, that no one has yet to mention in this thread? I join the other team and grab the chopper their, and if I can't get it I will eventually get it and kill the other guys who can't fly, over and over. Redlining is not acceptable because if your a good pilot you don't need a gunner anyway. You can use the dumb-fire and do it all yourself. Learning the art of circle strafing with those missiles is key, and the truth is very people can actually do that..
    The underlined portion is patently false. I'll let you play a few good teams and soloers to understand: let's see how far your dumb rockets get you against a helicopter you have no hope of reaching lest you wish to be TV'd out of the sky.

Ironically, your last paragraph is unmistakable support for soloing. Interesting turnaround...

Comment

Nope it is not support for it. I said its partly the reason.. Before people discovered how to properly even use the TV Guided missile I remember having one vs ones with heli's on maps like sharqi where only dumb fire rockets were used. My gunner would sit helplessly while we fought it out. Then TV Guiding came along. As far as dumb fire reaching, TV Guiding a helicopter 200 feet above you is pretty hard.

I have solo guided, me being strictly a pilot and never really gunning as soon as I heard about it I tried it and was able to rack up 30-40 kills on gulf of oman. As far as TV Guiding goes i've had some of best gunners I've known fly with me and had newbies guide me out the air in the bigger helicopters... The cobra is harder to hit, its slimmer. I can do it and but the Hind is much easier to knock out the air.

I have hate for solo guiders for the reason that I believe it requires little skill, and the people doing so are point whores most of the time. They want all the points. We know what happens when we get a good gunner, how often do the pilots get any kills? Sure we get maybe 20-30 but the gunner has a lot more.. Thats fine by me but a lot of people want the kills and points. Soloing is lame and unrealistic. People consider themselves a fan of helicopters and them being apart of BF2 ought to know better. Sure its an Arcade type game but theres just somethings that are better left alone.. No one will stop unless by some miracle EA fixes it, which that will never happen. They never fixed Vietnam either the cobra having such a huge advantage in that game as well.

Comment

well thanks for all the people adding me. I got like 7 people. Pretty good. If you would still like to add me you can

Comment

I have hate for solo guiders for the reason that I believe it requires little skill, and the people doing so are point whores most of the time.
          That's your problem, right there: you're under the delusion that proper soloing requires little skill. If you're mathematically inclined, let me ask you this...

Let Flying = x
          Let Gunning = y
          Let Soloing = x+y = z

So, according to you...

z < x + y

*scratches head*

Look, all you have to do is watch pubstar, redux, pred, hawaiian, zman and myself soloing. Eventually, you'll understand that an individual capable of performing the actions of two separate people perfectly, is not one to be tossed aside as less skillful because he prefers soloing to flying with another person.

Has it ever occured to you that if any two of the above soloers were matched together, the other team would be at a serious disadvantage?

Comment

these guys that complain about guys soloing and say 2 are better then one crack me up. use to in a match until you establish comtrol. but in a pub...lmao.

the above mentioned by sloi learned everything about soloing in a matter of months. the ones that complain have been playing for over a year and still hav'nt a clue.

actually, why dont a bunch of "team" players get to gether and play a group of solo guys. Im sure we would do just fine aganst you.

Comment

Mmm, I smell a tasty challenge in the making!

Comment

READ ONLY IF YOUR A TEAM PLAYER
                ===========================

There is no such thing as soloers. They do not exist in Battlefield 2.

READ ONLY IF YOUR A SOLOER
                =======================

There is no such things as helicopter teams! They were just rumours started by Sniper1432

That outa settle things :evil: .

Comment

Soloers are valued in 8v8 because they put another player down on the ground to cover something else, and if good enough, can be just as good as even the BEST crew...

x6.kev anyone? Just as good as khem/bruce combined.. if not better imo

Comment

just go pub and ull find someone, just about every fuken noob can hit rolls these days

Comment

Originally posted by [AH1z]Predrag View Post
                      just go pub and ull find someone, just about every fuken noob can hit rolls these days
                      Really? My my, how things change in a few short months. I've been inactive for too long, it seems!

Comment

Originally posted by Sloi View Post
                        Really? My my, how things change in a few short months. I've been inactive for too long, it seems!
                        Man, these breaks are awful. Youll hop in, it takes you 10 minutes to get back into shape, and you see that the world has moved on and you have to work again to gain superiority.

Its fun for a while, then it all settles back and you play the game with tears of boredom in your eyes.

Yeah...

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield View Post
                          Man, these breaks are awful. Youll hop in, it takes you 10 minutes to get back into shape, and you see that the world has moved on and you have to work again to gain superiority.

Its fun for a while, then it all settles back and you play the game with tears of boredom in your eyes.

Yeah...
                          You could always leave your element and struggle your way up in unfamiliar territory. Thats essentially what I'm doing with Jets right now.

Comment

Originally posted by metallicaguitrst View Post
                            x6.kev anyone? Just as good as khem/bruce combined.. if not better imo
                            They actually face off tonight (April 24) at 9.30 p.m. on Daqing Oilfields in the CAL-Main 8v8 quarter-finals.

Comment

Originally posted by Neptune
                              READ ONLY IF YOUR A TEAM PLAYER
                              ===========================

There is no such thing as soloers. They do not exist in Battlefield 2.

READ ONLY IF YOUR A SOLOER
                              =======================

There is no such things as helicopter teams! They were just rumours started by Sniper1432

That outa settle things :evil: .
                              Couldn't have been more perfectly said, but this thread is getting kind've interesting... let's see how long it goes...

Originally posted by Sloi View Post
                              Mmm, I smell a tasty challenge in the making!
                              LETS GET READY TO RUMMMMBBLLLEEEE

Comment

Originally posted by [UT]MajorHavoc View Post
                                They actually face off tonight (April 24) at 9.30 p.m. on Daqing Oilfields in the CAL-Main 8v8 quarter-finals.
                                I know I was talking to kev last night about it.. and that's why I used that example.. lol

Comment

Working...
                                X