X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OK, Listen up wannabe jet pilots...

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
    Me too Metal. Trust me, when pings go above 100ms, these small details count a lot. Banking away from the direction of the target requires you to spend less time shooting at it. But its kinda hard when theres so much going through your head (leading the target, in a pretty lenghty distance BTW and so on). In these cases, just to get the chopper to dark smoke, you gotta squeeze all the time you can get, thus the need for turning away at the last moment.
    I only play on servers where I have <80 ping, so I never have that problem.

I just kill the choppers right when I see them, and if I don't have a good angle to kill them instantly, I turn and line myself up for a fast kill. I come in perpendicular and hit their cockpit, and they literally die in one second.

So I never really have the problem of ramming choppers. Only time I really do, is if I am high up because you have nothing to judge how close you are.. and the choppers that are usually high up are transports, combine that with the fact that they have alot more armor, and that makes it pretty hard. But I hit UAV's 99% more than anything else. :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplekillingmachine
      I like the movies...sure TVing solo is easy but this guy wrecks shop even with the cannon..
      skills brotha skills...

wierd i never saw him solo'ing... he was just the gunner.

Comment

haha.. ive rammed a few helos. not on purpose though...matter of fact some times it may have been because you were in my way soooo , but I dont fly much sooo

Comment

I remember back when I started really using cannons for choppers and ground targets. I always found people saying that you had to aim for the cockpit. But since I play in US servers only (European servers are almost always filled with teamkilling/griefing/harassing useless ****wits) I quickly found those hits to be useless. I take a chopper out usually in 2 passes, and if the pilot is really, really good and evades like crazy, then I usually keep on trying to take him out, no matter how long it takes... and it takes a lot LOL... maybe 5+ passes. When I dont forget to set throttle to 80% (cuts throttle reaction time), I use missiles, but then its almost always a quaranteed 1 pass kill.

Anyway, heres how I need to aim.

When I approach the chopper, and I get a visual of them from about 450 or so metres, I aim 2 chopper lenghts ahead and slowly close the gap. Up until 100 metres or so I still aim at least one lenght ahead (or ahead of their movement direction), and when Im almost at them, I aim for the cocpit. This leaves me time to do one maneuver only and I usually just pull down. Works a lot more. I used to pull up exclusively, but Ive found that maneuver to be impractical (LOL), due to a lot of collisions...

Point is, its not always easy, even though you may think it is, and with added mess some pilots just cant do much about it. Just like you dont actually aim for the chopper when you TV, you can NEVER be sure that you wont hit the chopper once youre evading it.

Heres what, try to find a European server, French or Finnish one (UK is too close) and have a round, youll see a difference in cannon use.

I used to be very good up to 250, but that was when I played extensively, last year.

Comment

hahhahahah oh chris you crack me up mate, that is a brilliant diagram! i saw it and burst out laughing.. brilliant.

i get your pointwith it too, dont worry

Comment

I work for DICE, we make concept designs with 1.99$ crayon sets. I heard Mitch likes to eat the black ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Chodda
                People who ram are almost as bad as people who post annoying pictures.

SLOI .. YOU GETTING OWNED AGAIN ARE YOU ?????????????????

God get a life d*ck head

Shall we start a poll of who would Ram Sloi ?????????????? Cos given the chance your first on my hit list .

SLOI you are a fantastic chopper pilot and i respect you for that man but for f*ck sake guy wind in your neck you don;t own the place .

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
                  I remember back when I started really using cannons for choppers and ground targets. I always found people saying that you had to aim for the cockpit. But since I play in US servers only (European servers are almost always filled with teamkilling/griefing/harassing useless ****wits) I quickly found those hits to be useless. I take a chopper out usually in 2 passes, and if the pilot is really, really good and evades like crazy, then I usually keep on trying to take him out, no matter how long it takes... and it takes a lot LOL... maybe 5+ passes. When I dont forget to set throttle to 80% (cuts throttle reaction time), I use missiles, but then its almost always a quaranteed 1 pass kill.

Anyway, heres how I need to aim.

When I approach the chopper, and I get a visual of them from about 450 or so metres, I aim 2 chopper lenghts ahead and slowly close the gap. Up until 100 metres or so I still aim at least one lenght ahead (or ahead of their movement direction), and when Im almost at them, I aim for the cocpit. This leaves me time to do one maneuver only and I usually just pull down. Works a lot more. I used to pull up exclusively, but Ive found that maneuver to be impractical (LOL), due to a lot of collisions...

Point is, its not always easy, even though you may think it is, and with added mess some pilots just cant do much about it. Just like you dont actually aim for the chopper when you TV, you can NEVER be sure that you wont hit the chopper once youre evading it.

Heres what, try to find a European server, French or Finnish one (UK is too close) and have a round, youll see a difference in cannon use.

I used to be very good up to 250, but that was when I played extensively, last year.
                  LOL yeah what did you think I meant by aim at the cockpit?

That's where everyone has to aim to hit the cockpit. I just meant, in whatever way, figure out how much you need to lead, and make the bullets hit the cockpit.

Comment

Originally posted by Bald-Eagle11
                    SLOI .. YOU GETTING OWNED AGAIN ARE YOU ?????????????????

God get a life d*ck head

Shall we start a poll of who would Ram Sloi ?????????????? Cos given the chance your first on my hit list .

SLOI you are a fantastic chopper pilot and i respect you for that man but for f*ck sake guy wind in your neck you don;t own the place .
                    Owned? Not really, just getting rammed by jets who can't seem to kill me after making 30 passes at my heli. It gets annoying after a while: maybe I should starting playing with a good jet pilot eh? That way I'll have some support

Comment

[/Sloi Rant]

Comment

Working...
                      X