Getting Owned by Dive To Prone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Owned by Dive To Prone

I just don't get it. I'm getting owned almost everytime by the dive->proners, or the more common jump->dive->prone.

It doesn't matter what I do. I can be moving and shooting at them in the back of the head, they'll jump and wheel around, dive to prone and bam headshot.

I can be already prone, prepared and shooting short bursts, watching as the cursor tells me I've hit them several times, emptying my clip at them... same thing... they wheel around, dive-> prone and I'm dead.

I'm sniping a guy up on USMC sniper ridge on Karkand, he jumps off the side, slides down the hill in prone position, ends his slide, and pulls off a miracle PKM shot.

I'm drilling a guy in the back of the head with a pistol, watching the cursor telling me I am hitting him... he jumps, turns mid-air, and prones, taking me out in 3 shots.

I just don't get it. I'm a good player in all instances, usually getting the jump on most of them. Anyone standing or running, or otherwise non-proned dies, or if they are already prone. Yes, if they are already prone I can kill them.

The secret seems to be to actually dive->prone in the middle of a firefight for the win. Is this hard-coded in the game to increase accuracy just for a bull-****ing **** moment?

I love this game, but this is more like BFS2 now.

Can someone please explain to me why I am getting owned by the dive-to-proners. Please dont tell me I'm inaccurate. I'm hitting them. The problem is they are getting the fatal shot on me quicker by performing dive-to-prone in response.

Re: Getting Owned by Dive To Prone

Either adopt the tactic yourself, or aim for a headshot as if they are standing, then they won't be getting back up after they go prone

Comment

You obviously are not a very good player. No, it is not hardwired into the game to make "dive-proners" more accurate. What is coded into the game is how you can counter your recoil and be stationary to improve your accuracy. The majority of "dive-proners" are skill played who probably already know this and that is why they keep killing you.

Comment

The only way to beat them is to join them, start doing it yourself because you can't get away from it. Or play on servers that frown on it. The reason they do it is to be hit for a lesser amount of time and to have less exposed parts to hit. You may without knowing it be shooting at where they were, or hitting the top of their back which sucks for detecting hits. btw about the PKM that wasn't a miracle shot, all support weapons are accurate using short bursts. I can snipe with an RPK-74 and M249.

Comment

When I'm getting shot by someone lying on the ground, I just hop and prone and shoot the proned, non-moving guy, usually in the head, because when you're proned your head is the easiest thing to shoot at because it's really exposed.

So to stop getting owned by dolphindivers, learn to dolphindive

Comment

As the old saying goes my friend "if you cant beat em, join em".

Comment

"If you can't beat them, get in a vehicle and rape the **** out of them until they whine themselves into an IO mode monkey cage"

I play PR nowadays, you can still do all that crap but 9/10 times you're gonna be dead before you get the chance

Comment

Originally posted by Verto
                As the old saying goes my firiend "if you cant beat em, join em".
                Ugh. I'd rather throw the game in the garbage, or take my licks, then resort to that gay *** move. I've experimented with this, and it seems to work, but the lack of mobility can get you killed too. (by the guys teammate) I've coined the phrase "last to prone ftw". It's weird. The guy who dives last gets the accuracy boost.

Originally posted by Abyss_of_Borg
                You may without knowing it be shooting at where they were, or hitting the top of their back which sucks for detecting hits.
                That I can see happening, it's just frustrating to see a crazy move like jump->dive->prone outdo a prepared shot...

Originally posted by Predator
                You obviously are not a very good player. No, it is not hardwired into the game to make "dive-proners" more accurate. What is coded into the game is how you can counter your recoil and be stationary to improve your accuracy. The majority of "dive-proners" are skill played who probably already know this and that is why they keep killing you.
                I already stated, this has nothing to do with my skill. The accuracy is something the dive->proners are doing TO ME. I thought staying upright, or maybe crouching to keep my mobility was better, but apparently not.

In most cases, I will see the target dive->prone, take a shot (i duck behind corner perhaps) pop out and see him dive->prone again.

Comment

I'm almost always playing assualt and so I'm glad that people make themselves an easier target for my grenade launcher.

At medium distances it's a little harder but I've never really been upset with this tactic.

p.s. I had a dive proner that rolled around and killed me with a sniper rifle almost instantly. I so wanted to call hAx!!!!1

Comment

Originally posted by Ahab~Ahab
                    I'm almost always playing assualt and so I'm glad that people make themselves an easier target for my grenade launcher.

At medium distances it's a little harder but I've never really been upset with this tactic.

p.s. I had a dive proner that rolled around and killed me with a sniper rifle almost instantly. I so wanted to call hAx!!!!1
                    Yeah, it seems to happen to me in spurts. I'll be playing several games doing fine, then suddenly I'll go to a new server or w/e, and then I'll start getting owned by these dive proners.

If I'm playing AT, my favorite class, I actually want them to go prone because it makes an even easier target for a well-placed rocket, but sometimes no matter what I do I'll die 50 times in a row to this tactic. So it could be ping, lag, me being tired, w/e. I'm just trying to find if anyone else feels the same way I do, or if I need a new computer lol.

Comment

Want a tissue? Sorry mate... but just because someone has fast reflexes, doesn't mean there's something wrong with the game, the netcode, the hit registration, or any of that stuff. I have an old computer, and I'm almost always one of the last ones to load in, and I don't have any of these problems, so it's not the computer.

Piece of advice for ya. When someone starts that crap, don't aim for where they are, aim for where they're going to land. Remember, they can't shoot while in the air, and if you meet them on the ground with a bunch of bullets, they're not going to survive.

Comment

what is your VRAM or your specs if it laggs

Comment

Look,

It's pretty simple to kill people that jump and dive on the ground. The key is to keep moving until they hit the ground and then start shooting them. If you can hit them in the air, more power to ya, but with the cone of fire in this game, you want to wait until the ground for the most effective kill.

Also, being a sniper may be fun and cool...but in any battlefield game, sniping is about as useless as trying to beat someone to death with a kitten. Now, I am not saying don't be a sniper...but with the sniper weapons, it's going to take a lot of hits to kill a support person (if you don't hit him in the head). It's just a drawback of the class. Some of the most effective snipers are what we affectionatly call "assult snipers", these are the crazy guys you see running at you with a pistol or running around with a pack of medics and shooting people at points they are heading to. They never stay in one place and they are usually moving with support in case they die. It's a bit of a difference from what the average sniper does, and you are probably thinking to yourself....I am an "Assualt Sniper". Well, running around chucking claymores isn't what I am talking about. A good sniper is CONSTANTLY moving and changing positions. Most of the snipers out in pub land find a landmark and sit there shooting people thinking that NO one will find them, yet they always get killed. Prone, line up shot, get kill, move to another position.

I hate snipers, but the only effective way to use them that actually helps your team (capture points) is to try and be less defensive and more offensive.

So in short, constantly move until they stop moving and remember...what goes up most come down. You can always unload where they are going to land and usually that'll kill them.

Jihad

Comment

ak-101s/47s with GP-30s are your friend. even if they get away from the nade launcher the full auto usually gets em. it is fun running circles around the prone spamming g36e whores trying to watch the hit you.

Comment

Pre-fire where they're going to land, works for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X