Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Vid settings on LOW&100% Viewing Distance - A legal "hack"

Originally posted by =PSU=PJMAK1
    running the game on min actually gives you more adventage coz you dont have shadows and you can see everything
    heres a Quote,
    and i will 2nd that.
    for the computer i play on, putting all vid settings on low gives me:
    absolutely no lag, and it is so much easier to pick out enemies out of what would be "dark" surroundings if it were all on high.
    plus i think having it on all high just makes the game too pretty and too hard to concentrate on whats important :laugh:
    if i still want to see the cool effects and good geometries i will just put them on med or high, as this doesnt affect the overall simple look, which is often reffered to as - a legal hack.
    hack or not. i surely practice it! call me a cheater or whatnot, i dont need something to look pretty to enjoy it, looks just fine with lows
    please, give me all your thoughts on this matter.

Re: All Vid settings on LOW&100% Viewing Distance - A legal "hack"

no **** sherlock

Comment

Say what you will, I'd do anything for good graphics, I can barely run the game on low. The only map I can really play is Karkand with a max of about 25-30 people, and if they all group together, well, you can say goodbye because the lag will get you killed.

Comment

trust me, once you get your self a pc that will run it all on high, you wont like it as much as you say you will. but then again, if someones a graphics junkie then yea thats for them

Comment

Teeheehee, i run on alll low settings because my computer cant handle anything else, it even has a hard time running on low too.

Comment

People are still figuring this **** out.....omg.

Comment

Screenie?

Comment

I have to run my graphics on medium @ least, but I do set my lighting to low so I can see guys hiding in corners

LG SB

peace

Comment

exactly. i honestly dont think VERY PRETTY graphics is neccessary to play the game to its top potential, its actually easier to run all on low.

Comment

Originally posted by nicej
                    exactly. i honestly dont think VERY PRETTY graphics is neccessary to play the game to its top potential, its actually easier to run all on low.
                    I personally wouldn't mind all low so much if my computer could handle it well. Have to do with what you're given though.

Comment

Wow, it's pretty sad that people will even snoop down to this level. One time before a TWL match a co leader of mine told me to water down my graphic just so that it will make my performance on the battlefield more effective. I thought it was an insult and was sadden that almost every clan does that in Scims and Matches just to win. I didn't build a kick arse system just so my bf2will look like Counter Strike(crap). I play it for the beauty and for what the developer workded hard on... and thats the incredible graphics with incredible gameplay.

Comment

well when you invest the money into 4 Gig of RAM, 3.4 GHz proc, and dual Nvidia 7800GT vid cards...............you run it at the highest settings

I got all my settings on high, every one of them, but one thing Im not sure of is what does anti aliasing EXACTLY do, I have a vague idea but still not sure so I run mine at 4x, is it better to run that at a higher rate as well??

Comment

anti aliasing is how smooth the edges arounb objects are.
                          like the chopper blades 4 example. with no antialiasing then it would a rough edge like a saw but at anti-a at x4 then it would be pretty smooth with slight bumps.

Comment

anti-aliasing smooths out all the rough edges of objects in the game. just try seperatly going into the game with/without AA on and you will notice a huge difference. with the cost of a bit more lag and loading time i run aa on 6x cuz it looks so sweet. for looks, yes, running 6x AA is the best, but a good compromise for looks and performance is 2x or 4x.

Comment

I'm drunk off my face each time I play so it doesn't matter.....

AA smoothes out the edges....as does the bourbon...

Comment

Working...
                              X