Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: To All Jihad-Jeepers

Originally posted by Sir. tiberiansun292
    who puts c4 on a jeep . TANK AND APC FTW.
    Noobs who can not fire a weapon or use team work to take out a tank or APC.

Comment

HAHA your a funny man.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherd007
        You're equating an AT unit to a tank, and this is what PW's argument is against: Teamwork and force multiplication. Armor is a force multiplier, so 3 armor pieces should be more powerful than 4 infantry. The 3 tank drivers and 1 commander (by your example) are working together for a common goal and should (through teamwork and the force multipliers) be better than an equal, opposing amount of players with no force multiplication.
        Its a video game, not a war simulation. It should be possible for any group of players to take out another equal number of players. Force multiplication should not apply.

The way to attack said situation is to artillery the area (commander, +1 unit to AT force) to destroy the crates, bomb the tanks with an SU-34/F15 (+1 to AT force in addition to the force multiplier the planes provide) or call in aid of a tank on your own team, then mop up with your AT team.
        Your example calls for 6-7 players to take out 4. Plus there are maps that do not have air assets but have a few armor pieces. Really the only equalizers in those situations are mines and/or C4. AT just doesn't cut it unless you get a synchronized volley off.

I do agree with you that the engy's should have to get out of their tanks to repair.
        Amen brother!

Comment

Originally posted by KurtisMayfield
          Its a video game, not a war simulation. It should be possible for any group of players to take out another equal number of players. Force multiplication should not apply.
          Although it is not a simulator, it is still a video game based on war, implementing common military tactics and strategies. Force multiplication being one of them.

Several RTS games employ this philosophy. In C&C you have the Mammoth tank and the regular tank. The Mammoth tank will always beat the regular tank in a head to head battle on open ground. This is force multiplication at work; a better equipped unit should beat a lesser equipped unit.

But the great thing about military games is that you can use different strategies to overcome your weaknesses. You can use guerilla attacks on the Mammoth tank, limiting your exposure, and gradually taking down the health on the main tank.

Originally posted by KurtisMayfield
          Your example calls for 6-7 players to take out 4. Plus there are maps that do not have air assets but have a few armor pieces. Really the only equalizers in those situations are mines and/or C4. AT just doesn't cut it unless you get a synchronized volley off.
          Actually I've taken out a similar scenario by myself with the SU-34. Two APC's, a tank, and two infantry soldiers were taking the MEC main on Kubra Dam when a buddy on TS told me he needed assistance. A high dive bombing run later, and all 5 were destroyed.

On non-flying maps, the artillery will either destroy the APCs, take them down to half health, or make them scatter enough to get some great shots at them. You could get by with 2-3 ATs at that point.

If I have decent cover that I can maneuver behind, I can easily take out one tank by myself. But if we're on open ground, the tank should own me.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Culo
            Sometimes I will park a jeep on the side of a road and when some one comes by I hit the clicker, no ramming involved!
            That only takes out the lonewolf or the small squad!! Become a squad leader on a server with VOIP, pack your jeep with all the C4 you can....and take off. Ask the commander where the largest population of enemy is on his SAT SCAN and then bee-line it to that location.....jump out with detonator in had and BLAM!!!

Why wait for someone to come to your C4....bring it to them! No ramming involved either, and you get way more kills than having your jeep parked on the side of the road.

LOL

Comment

I've never understood JJ... how can you detonate the C4 when you're in the vehicle?

Comment

Originally posted by Critical Blue
                I've never understood JJ... how can you detonate the C4 when you're in the vehicle?
                You don't detonate while still in the vehicle (well, you can... you just die too). You get the jeep moving at high speed and then jump out quick about a few meters from the target, then detonate. Typically you place the c4 on the front of the jeep to keep it as far away from you as possible. Takes practice, but can be mastered easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Culo
                  Sometimes I will park a jeep on the side of a road and when some one comes by I hit the clicker, no ramming involved!
                  I bin usin that tactic since i started playin this game...roadside bombin
                  Or anova method i use for this immobile C4 car bombin is riggin a car in an enemy base...wait till it fills up with men and BOOOOOOOM lol

Comment

Was playing a couple of days ago, I decided to go JihadJeep so I start putting 1 thing of C4 on the jeep when a teammate steals its. So im like WTF? So I wait for another one to spawn but im like w/e ill just detonate it and I ended up getting a kill

Comment

Jihad car bombing is a vaild tactic and balances the game for amour whores. If you can do it with out killing yourself its awesome. Those that do it all day and blow themselves up in the process are spinning their wheels and loosing team tickets. I'll take a few deaths by Jihad jeepers for multipule wins any day of the week.

Comment

pfft. Don't listen to Planewhore that guys an idiot. Probably some obese cheese smelling loser who can't handle getting pwned by jihaders.

Comment

To be totally honest, C4 jihad'ers have never really bothered me. IMO, I see it as a valid tactic. Slightly underhanded, yes, but never the less valid. True, there are plenty of other options available when one is seeking to destroy a tank, but most of them take coordinated teamwork. Being as there's many servers that lack teamplay, what's a single player going to do to take out a tank? Anti-tank isn't the most effective of kits when you're primarily going up against infantry. If he waits long enough for the tank to expose itself with no line of retreat, he can get 1 shot off from a stationary emplacement. If he immediately takes a shot as the tank comes around a corner, then the driver will just back up to a supply crate or 5 engineers and be back to new in about 20 seconds.

Sure, it may seem like cheating to jihad, but being as I prefer realistic combat dynamics, I prefer seeing a kamikaze on the battlefield then a tank which can take 20 rocket hits in 5 minutes, because some magical crate or engineer can turn a cresent wrench and a metric ton of armor appears out of no where and attaches itself to the hull of a tank.

So let's review.
                          -ROE is intended to make combat as realistic as possible
                          -Kamikazie/Jihad suicide tactics exist in real combat
                          -Tanks normally are out of commission in one hit in real combat (LAW, TOW, tank cannon)
                          -There's no magical way to near instantly repair a damaged tank in real combat

A good tank crew should be able to avoid getting rammed into. If real soldiers worry about it, so should you. Personally, I hate tanks, and I'm shat at using them as well, so I really have no complaints when one gets blown up, so maybe I'm a little biased.

But, if there's one dynamic of Jihading that I could change, I think only MEC should do it regularly. PAC or USMC, sure, in a last ditch effort, but MEC should all be walking bombs.

Comment

No thanks on the cake, looks like u made it outta play-doh. I love Jihad Jeeping, but not dying while doing it...

Comment

Originally posted by EC-Paulus-
                              You can have your cake, and shove it down your throat...I hate jihad jeepers. I thought they were bad in Strike at Karkand, then I went to Road to Jalalabad. :|:

EDIT: The funny this is, its againts ROE to put C4 on a moving vehicle with intentions of jihah jeeping.
                              No it's perfectly legal to do that.

It's also, perfectly legal for a server to not allow it. It's a choice of the server to allow/disallow it.

Comment

Working...
                              X