Swearing In Battlefield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swearing In Battlefield

How many people would say that swearing in BF2 is fine. my personal view is that if the game is rated 16+ (which it is in the UK) then surely server admins cant administer kicks for people cursing on servers. I personally dont swear like a trooper on servers but i still think that kicking someone for saying b****r or b*****d doesnt make any sense.

one opinion is that kids play the game, well first of all, shouldnt the parents understand that their kid is playing a game which is 16+ and from what some people have said, it is of children of as young as 8 years old that play. surely the parents have to realise that the child will be playing in an online envirionment where there, ultimately, sweearing will occur.

other peoples views...

please reply

Re: Swearing In Battlefield

I prefer to swear out loud; unfortunately my wife hates it and she asks me to stop. ‘It’s only a game’, she says. ‘Why do you swear like that?’ She doesn’t know that I got killed just before pressing that C4 button… :laugh:
    In other words: I keep it to myself.

Comment

Are you talking about typing or VOIP swearing?

Typing swearing - I never understood that.... typing wastes playing time, why use swear words at all? Typing should be short, quick and to the point. Like "Nice one", "Help at Suburbs".
      Why waste playing time by typing:
      "%#$@% this guys a ^#&@%^! hacker cause he &^$%@&@$# killed me &$^@#%@ times in a &$^@%! row. Admin ^#%@^$#% ban his &#*@&! @##".

VOIP swearing - If it's the squad leader, I quit and find another squad. If it's a squad member (I'm leader) I'll politely ask the member to tone it down, and kick him from the squad if he continues.

Comment

do it once on our server
        warned
        do it twice
        kicked

Comment

There are worse things to be kicked for than swearing.

Those that are offended in a military based game for swearing will be sorely suprised on the first day of bootcamp in 'meatspace'.

Comment

Some people are offended by it, so they don't want it on their servers. They pay for their server, so they have the right to say that they won't appreciate swearing.

I don't care at all. I swear all the time and I never feel offended by it, but if people don't want it on their server, I'll behave. And indeed, why would I take the time typing a curse... On the other hand, you don't want to hear me on vent when something goes wrong ^^ But then again, the clan doesn't care. V actually asked me if I would be offended by cursing members (as I'm a girl ).

Comment

I think it's up to the server, though I think a warning is in order first.

Comment

I don't care of ppl swear... I mean I almost don't - only when there is a constant baseraping. Don't have a mic, so I swear in the chat. But yeah it's kinda waste, I just don't wanna express my "feelings" on my LCD monitor or something

Comment

Originally posted by Mutant
                  Some people are offended by it, so they don't want it on their servers. They pay for their server, so they have the right to say that they won't appreciate swearing.
                  I whole heartedly agree. Thier server/thier rules.

Comment

I do not swear on VOIP. I occassional will txt some @#$%& smacktard off if he really ticks me off, but I usually use the previous typed method to do so! I do not mind the occassional swear if something happens and a person just blurbs it out, but to continue to swear the whole game is annoying and should lead to a kick/ban from the server... IMO!!

Comment

Ratings, what ratings. I've had commanders on the VOIP that sound like there barely in elementry school (and then some that actually were, officers). In game I generally don't swear, cause I'm in (or was in) a family friendly clan and I respect that. But personally(I just don't hold the talk button) and when I play with friends, I can't hold back ("BOOM, $^%$& HEAD SHOT").

Comment

Cursing (be it in a video game, movie, tv series) and war BELONG together. End of story.

Comment

My server:
                          First time = Warn
                          Second = Kick
                          Come back and curse agian and you are banned.

I set up my server so that my kids and my friends kids could have a place to play without dealing with smacktards. People either conform to the clan rules or go somewhere else. =RIP= follows EA's guidlines, we are well within our rights to kick/ban those that can not hold their tongue.

Comment

Originally posted by meanmachine87
                            How many people would say that swearing in BF2 is fine. my personal view is that if the game is rated 16+ (which it is in the UK) then surely server admins cant administer kicks for people cursing on servers. I personally dont swear like a trooper on servers but i still think that kicking someone for saying b****r or b*****d doesnt make any sense.

one opinion is that kids play the game, well first of all, shouldnt the parents understand that their kid is playing a game which is 16+ and from what some people have said, it is of children of as young as 8 years old that play. surely the parents have to realise that the child will be playing in an online envirionment where there, ultimately, sweearing will occur.

other peoples views...

please reply
                            Swearing in the game isn't up to you, it's up to the server owner. The best thing to happen in game, would be that players would follow the rules of the server they play on, and the server they don't like, don't play on them.

It's called...respect.

Originally posted by barracudaj
                            Cursing (be it in a video game, movie, tv series) and war BELONG together. End of story.
                            Ignorant statement.

Comment

Originally posted by DosX
                              Are you talking about typing or VOIP swearing?

Typing swearing - I never understood that.... typing wastes playing time, why use swear words at all? Typing should be short, quick and to the point. Like "Nice one", "Help at Suburbs".
                              Why waste playing time by typing:
                              "%#$@% this guys a ^#&@%^! hacker cause he &^$%@&@$# killed me &$^@#%@ times in a &$^@%! row. Admin ^#%@^$#% ban his &#*@&! @##".

VOIP swearing - If it's the squad leader, I quit and find another squad. If it's a squad member (I'm leader) I'll politely ask the member to tone it down, and kick him from the squad if he continues.
                              Thats my thoguhts exactly

Comment

Working...
                              X