Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Swearing In Battlefield

ESRB Rating for TEEN

Titles rated T (Teen) have content that may be suitable for ages 13 and older. Titles in this category may contain violence, suggestive themes, crude humor, minimal blood, simulated gambling, and/or infrequent use of strong language.

Don't know why people in states keep say 16+. I have a 13 year old son who was excited because of the games he could buy now.

My take is basicly swear if you want until you are asked to stop. It is their house after all and asking you to do so does not interfer with your ability to play or use kits/vehicles. I've been asked to tone it down and did so because I was enjoying myself and didn't want to make someone else's time in game any less enjoyable.

Comment

Originally posted by barracudaj
      you're laws don't apply to a game played by people all over the world and especially not to me since I'm not from your country.
      Listen to the arrogance/ignorance spewing from this keyboard. What a hoser eh?

Yeah, everyone is annonymous behind their keyboards and is protected from every international law out there simple because there is no way "they" can find out who they are.

It is people like this, thinking their freedoms supercede all of the other people's rights, that make this world all the worse to live in. Selfish, spoiled little kids who have no respect for anything or anyone that doesn't advanced their own selfish agenda. Makes me want to walk away.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar-C}{G-
        Listen to the arrogance/ignorance spewing from this keyboard. What a hoser eh?

Yeah, everyone is annonymous behind their keyboards and is protected from every international law out there simple because there is no way "they" can find out who they are.

It is people like this, thinking their freedoms supercede all of the other people's rights, that make this world all the worse to live in. Selfish, spoiled little kids who have no respect for anything or anyone that doesn't advanced their own selfish agenda. Makes me want to walk away.
        Damn, you're a moron. I'M CANADIAN YOU GOOF, your laws can't touch me. Think I'm lying, go ask a lawyer and get some friggin' knowledge before replying back. Besides, you're the one who has it twisted. YOU'RE the one who thinks American laws supercede any other countries, it's people like YOU who make this world a bad place to live in because of your complete and utter lack of, well, pretty much everything.

Why don't you take a look at the majority of posts in this thread. You'll find numerous people insisting that swearing is their right and there's NOTHING WRONG WITH SWEARING IN A WAR GAME. Why don't you grow the hell up and realize people curse, get over it already.

Comment

Originally posted by mondo66
          ESRB Rating for TEEN

Titles rated T (Teen) have content that may be suitable for ages 13 and older. Titles in this category may contain violence, suggestive themes, crude humor, minimal blood, simulated gambling, and/or infrequent use of strong language.
          BUT "Game Experience May Change During Online Play"

Comment

The internet offers anonyminity. Your actions, comments and behavior will *very* seldom ever come back to you in the real world.

Thats why there are so many people who act the way they do playing BF2, and post here defending their actions.

These same people wouldn't even think of shouting out profanities in r/l, but behind the cloak of the internet they spew obscenities like a drunken sailer on shore leave*.

barracudaj - Damn, you're a moron. I'M CANADIAN YOU GOOF, your bullsh*t laws can't touch me. Think I'm lying, go ask a lawyer and get some f***in knowledge before replying back.
            I certainly hope you don't represent the Canadian populace. But thanks for the excelent example of my point.

*No sailers, drunk or sober, were harmed during the typing of this post.

Comment

Right, because nobody swears in real life. ROFLMAO! Get a clue.

Comment

I'll assume thats a response to me barracudaj.

I should have more defined this statement
                These same people wouldn't even think of shouting out profanities in r/l
                what I meant to say was a PUBLIC venue in r/l like a movie theater, restaurant, market etc...

Comment

Again, regardless of the venue, people swear. Maybe not as much in a public place, but that doesn't mean not at all in a public place. Just read my post on the previous page and you'll see where I'm coming from.

Comment

Originally posted by DosX
                    I should have more defined this statementwhat I meant to say was a PUBLIC venue in r/l like a movie theater, restaurant, market etc...
                    You don't shout them in a public venue because then you'll get a quick talk with the owner politely asking you to leave.

How about a concert? A barbeque? A skate park? Any other place that doesn't have a politically-correct image to defend?

Furthermore, what's this have to do with BF2? Why are server admins compelled to uphold an ESRB rating? Why is the language filter server-side? etc.

Comment

We don't allow swearing on our server, not because it offends our eyes or we may have kids playing but because it nearly always ends in someone else butting in and before you know it everyone has a comment to add. So I'd rather kick one person who can't refrain from typing a few expletives than to kick 3+.

Don't like some server rules then leave, or better still buy your own server and run it how you like and stop whining about it on other peoples servers.

Comment

Originally posted by AckAck
                        Don't like some server rules then leave, or better still buy your own server and run it how you like and stop whining about it on other peoples servers.
                        Or go play on an Official EA server, where they could care less how much you curse.

Comment

Originally posted by AckAck
                          Way to offer that awesome advice, but I think you missed the point of the conversation, which is "is it moronic to have such a rule" versus "should server admins be allowed to enforce it?"

Comment

I don't swear when i type. I sometimes can't avoid swearing when i speak, but if it's typing you have time to think so i don't see why anyone should feel the need to type swear words, it's just not polite!

Comment

Originally posted by DosX
                              I certainly hope you don't represent the Canadian populace. But thanks for the excelent example of my point.
                              I assure you that he does not.

Comment

Originally posted by Skwurl
                                I assure you that he does not.
                                Ha! Don't be mad simply because I speak the truth. If you're taking the side of those dreamers, I guarantee I'm more Canadian than you can ever hope to be.

Comment

Working...
                                X