need tips for using the machine gun on the jet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: need tips for using the machine gun on the jet

try changing to your bomb drop then get right close to him and let the machine gun rip he will not no untill its to late, he nos u r behind him wen he gets locked with missles it dnt lock wen ur on bomb drop

Comment

lol that was fun last night in that dalian server...

I killed some guy that was in a J-10 like 3 times in a row (with F-35B obviously) and he started getting mad and talking ****.. lol

So he shoots me down, so now I said the only reason he killed me was cause I was in an F-35B and I ran out of flares... I was running from the missles for like 1 minute.... and I knew I was gonna die.

So.. I take the next jet, bail over their airfield and land on top of the hangar, and I just steal their J-10 when it spawns.

From that point on all I did was kill other J-10's... it was really funny seeing that I actually had an even fight and I was demolishing EVERYONE that took off in the other J-10... just goes to show, if you learn by flying the JSF you will always be the better pilot when you have even jets.

And that J-10 cannon is so ghetto... It's not centered, but it's like it's supposed to be.. and then you can't even see the tracers.

Comment

yea i believe the guys name was invisiblekid or something

I was bombing them left and right, I even took out moving cars with bombs

you should visit FHM more often, great server for awesome jet pilots coz there are so many people who fly choppers and most are easy targets even for pilots who are not so good(like me)

Comment

Originally posted by =PSU=PJMAK1
          yea i believe the guys name was invisiblekid or something

I was bombing them left and right, I even took out moving cars with bombs

you should visit FHM more often, great server for awesome jet pilots coz there are so many people who fly choppers and most are easy targets even for pilots who are not so good(like me)
          I wasn't going for kills at all I was just going after J-10's the whole round. That's more fun anyways, unless it's wake.

If I don't know a level that good I just shoot down other jets and dogfight cause I don't know the level too good.

Comment

Originally posted by metallicaguitrst
            I wasn't going for kills at all I was just going after J-10's the whole round. That's more fun anyways, unless it's wake.

If I don't know a level that good I just shoot down other jets and dogfight cause I don't know the level too good.
            yea I usually fly choppers on dalian but I started flying jets a while ago, I must agree it is fun when you do a good bomb run or take down an enemy jet\chopper, I have to try flying on wake again since Ive picked up some good tactics plus china doesnt have any uncappable flags:laugh:

my aviator kdr was 1.6 yesterday, today its 1.9

going up

Comment

going up

Comment

Originally posted by =PSU=PJMAK1

going up
                Yeah when you have barely any kills it goes up fast..

For me though...

Every 1,000 kills I get, it just barely goes up, even though I might have only died 15 times during those 1,000 kills.

Right now I am at 14.19 w/ 33,000 kills... so you can see how it would be hard to raise it up.

Comment

My suggestion- Logitech Extreme Pro 3D has a twist handle. Time to use it.

Best tool for that precision machinegunning (at the expense of agility). Take that as a gold from a guy who has been flying JS+KB for the last year and a few months.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
                    My suggestion- Logitech Extreme Pro 3D has a twist handle. Time to use it.

Best tool for that precision machinegunning (at the expense of agility). Take that as a gold from a guy who has been flying JS+KB for the last year and a few months.

Nah you don't lose agility...

Jack up the sensitivity and you're all set. Just slowly get higher and higher, and before you know it, you're used to it completely.

Comment

Nah you don't lose agility...

Jack up the sensitivity and you're all set. Just slowly get higher and higher, and before you know it, you're used to it completely.
                      I had a few "training sessions" where I solely use the stick. Ugh, feels all different. Jet flies in smooth patterns. So far the way I fly the jet, it feels unstable and unreliable and unpredictable, not to mention twitchy and jerky which has been a huge plus in dogfights. Tried with the twist handle and it feels like a bus. A definite bonus on ground attacks, but I can smell decrease in efficiency in air. Just to mention- colony flies Logitech Attack 3, like I did, which basically is JS+KB.

EDIT: Do you have a slight drift to the left when you hold your hand on teh stick? As if the weight slightly makes teh stick rotate. How do you overcome that?

Comment

I had a few "training sessions" where I solely use the stick. Ugh, feels all different. Jet flies in smooth patterns. So far the way I fly the jet, it feels unstable and unreliable and unpredictable, not to mention twitchy and jerky which has been a huge plus in dogfights. Tried with the twist handle and it feels like a bus. A definite bonus on ground attacks, but I can smell decrease in efficiency in air. Just to mention- colony flies Logitech Attack 3, like I did, which basically is JS+KB.

EDIT: Do you have a slight drift to the left when you hold your hand on teh stick? As if the weight slightly makes teh stick rotate. How do you overcome that?
                        Does it do that even when you AREN'T holding the joystick? or does it start happening once you put your hand on it?

And I turned the Z axis (rudder twist) sensitivity ALL the way up 100%. I can pretty much keep up with J-10's now. That, and I have the throttle controls as W/S.

Comment

Does it do that even when you AREN'T holding the joystick? or does it start happening once you put your hand on it?
                          When I have my hand on the stick. My hands arent heavy as my bodybuilt is below average. Im guessing the JS has an asymetric sensitivity? But if so, it should be more sensitive to the right, and not left.

[/quote]And I turned the Z axis (rudder twist) sensitivity ALL the way up 100%. I can pretty much keep up with J-10's now. That, and I have the throttle controls as W/S.[/quote]

Allright, I increased sensitivity to about 100% of what it was. Plus I did some tweaking so it would be a little more sensitive while turning to the right.

Im using DXTweak2 since Logitechs standard software has proven to be too much of extra work and hassle with limited adjustability.

Thing is, I can assign deadzone to the twist rudder, but from what Ive experienced (little though, right now), this defeats the purpose of twist handle for me as I was looking for "micro yaw adjustments" in ATS fight. So heres the main problem. Does this sh!t happen to you and you overcame it by simply getting used to it. Or did you do something else?

Searching through the net, it turns out that its a common issue.

Comment

When I have my hand on the stick. My hands arent heavy as my bodybuilt is below average. Im guessing the JS has an asymetric sensitivity? But if so, it should be more sensitive to the right, and not left.
                            And I turned the Z axis (rudder twist) sensitivity ALL the way up 100%. I can pretty much keep up with J-10's now. That, and I have the throttle controls as W/S.[/quote]

Allright, I increased sensitivity to about 100% of what it was. Plus I did some tweaking so it would be a little more sensitive while turning to the right.

Im using DXTweak2 since Logitechs standard software has proven to be too much of extra work and hassle with limited adjustability.

Thing is, I can assign deadzone to the twist rudder, but from what Ive experienced (little though, right now), this defeats the purpose of twist handle for me as I was looking for "micro yaw adjustments" in ATS fight. So heres the main problem. Does this sh!t happen to you and you overcame it by simply getting used to it. Or did you do something else?

Searching through the net, it turns out that its a common issue.[/quote]

Well I don't have that probelm so I don't know.

Comment

Working...
                            X