need tips for using the machine gun on the jet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need tips for using the machine gun on the jet

ok I use mouse and keyboard but I can stay up in the air all round in F35 against J10, I find my self behind the J10 alot of times but of course the missiles miss even tho the enemy doesnt use flares and I cant aim with the machine gun, my sensitivity is on 10 coz i need it to make sharp turns, dont tell me to use a joystick coz my goal is to get enough skill to take down J10s with a machine gun with mouse and keyboard, Ive done it before but it wasnt easy, I think Ill be able to do it with no problem but I need the right settings and a few good tips from the pros

I have a joystick(logitech extreme 3d pro) but I wanna use the mouse

Re: need tips for using the machine gun on the jet

Originally posted by =PSU=PJMAK1
    ok I use mouse and keyboard but I can stay up in the air all round in F35 against J10, I find my self behind the J10 alot of times but of course the missiles miss even tho the enemy doesnt use flares and I cant aim with the machine gun, my sensitivity is on 10 coz i need it to make sharp turns, dont tell me to use a joystick coz my goal is to get enough skill to take down J10s with a machine gun with mouse and keyboard, Ive done it before but it wasnt easy, I think Ill be able to do it with no problem but I need the right settings and a few good tips from the pros

I have a joystick(logitech extreme 3d pro) but I wanna use the mouse
    Good luck...

Ive never seen any good pilots that use a mouse and keyboard. Im not saying your not a good pilot im just saying theres not going to be many good ones that could give you advice.

Before I got my joystick working I could hit so damn accurately with the bombs it was rediculous. I should give a mouse keyboard setup another go sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken_x_Boxer
      Good luck...

Ive never seen any good pilots that use a mouse and keyboard. Im not saying your not a good pilot im just saying theres not going to be many good ones that could give you advice.

Before I got my joystick working I could hit so damn accurately with the bombs it was rediculous. I should give a mouse keyboard setup another go sometime.
      oh yea bombing and dodging isnt a problem

Comment

make sure you lead your target and use rudder to adjust your aim.

the real trick to a gun kill is to sneak up quick and unload on them in 1 vicious burst, doing 95% damage before they even know they are under attack; once they start evasive manuvers, you can generally kiss off any kills with the gun and you'll need to move to missiles.

Comment

Originally posted by zone36
          make sure you lead your target and use rudder to adjust your aim.

the real trick to a gun kill is to sneak up quick and unload on them in 1 vicious burst, doing 95% damage before they even know they are under attack; once they start evasive manuvers, you can generally kiss off any kills with the gun and you'll need to move to missiles.
          yea I get behind them without getting noticed but i cant keep the cursor on the target, if i had more skill with a machine gun i would have alot more kills per round coz I have so many chances to take out J10s with the machine gun

Comment

Hey there,

I may have noob's stats, but I have practiced alot on Single Player. I have used Operation Clean Sweep single player map on the hardest difficulty to practice this.

The F-15, Su-30/34 20mm mgs are the best kind; I mean, these things can tear up tanks!
            However, the F-35, J-10, and MiG guns are still powerful against apcs, not as effective against tanks. I would reccommend taking the sensitivity down and using tactics. The best kind of dogfight is the one you never get in.

Try flying, especially as the F-35, at higher altitude, where your speed can dip into the 1200 mark, and keeping an eye out for jets. I stay around 350-430 feet in any jet, swooping down on fighters or ground targets.

This is by far the most efficient way of taking out other aircraft, but in terms of the MG, they are hard to use on fast-moving jets.

-Silly

Comment

Originally posted by SillySnake
              Hey there,

I may have noob's stats, but I have practiced alot on Single Player. I have used Operation Clean Sweep single player map on the hardest difficulty to practice this.

The F-15, Su-30/34 20mm mgs are the best kind; I mean, these things can tear up tanks!
              However, the F-35, J-10, and MiG guns are still powerful against apcs, not as effective against tanks. I would reccommend taking the sensitivity down and using tactics. The best kind of dogfight is the one you never get in.

Try flying, especially as the F-35, at higher altitude, where your speed can dip into the 1200 mark, and keeping an eye out for jets. I stay around 350-430 feet in any jet, swooping down on fighters or ground targets.

This is by far the most efficient way of taking out other aircraft, but in terms of the MG, they are hard to use on fast-moving jets.

-Silly
              yea I fly high so I cant be noticed and i look around using the CTRL camera and I swich between all cameras often

I tried practicing in SP before but I dunno, AI sucks, i guess i could work on taking down the BH

Ive been flying with mouse and keyboard from the start, my stats suck coz I mostly flew for stunts and never was interested in dog fights

Comment

you can dogfight -ok with the keyboard but if you want results get a joystick then it will make it easer to bomb also.

Comment

I'm a decent mouse and keyboard pilot.

I have had so many occasions were I got a J10 on fire, near explosions with just one or two rockets, and the MG, but all the time.

Either,

The round ends.

Or another J10 is behind me to kill me before I get the kill.

Damn, my luck is almsot as bad as Mc Hammers!

Comment

If you wanna gun good get a good mouse like a g7 you can change the senstivity right on the mouse

Comment

Originally posted by mrpoptart01
                      If you wanna gun good get a good mouse like a g7 you can change the senstivity right on the mouse
                      well I cant change sensitivity on my mouse but its a good mouse, fast and it was about $50(razer diamondback)

I also have a big mouse pad

I guess lowering the sensitivity is the only thing I can try

Comment

Can I ask why the hell you are trying to use mouse/KB when you have a perfectly good joystick...

Comment

Originally posted by metallicaguitrst
                          Can I ask why the hell you are trying to use mouse/KB when you have a perfectly good joystick...
                          I have a X52 joystick and i dont use it at all I thought it would be easier but its not. Mouse and keyboard is just easy and simple. Gunning with a joystick its hard because your not used to it

Comment

Originally posted by mrpoptart01
                            I have a X52 joystick and i dont use it at all I thought it would be easier but its not. Mouse and keyboard is just easy and simple. Gunning with a joystick its hard because your not used to it
                            i hate to side with metallica on this one:

but the logical argument is that with a keyboard and mouse, you simply cannot execute an extended manuever without picking up your mouse. Pulling that joystick back is like having an infinite amount of mouse-pad and mouse-cord. You don't have to stop to reposition the mouse.

Time is crucial - haven't you ever seen the olympics?

Comment

Originally posted by troybob
                              with a keyboard and mouse, you simply cannot execute an extended manuever without picking up your mouse. Pulling that joystick back is like having an infinite amount of mouse-pad and mouse-cord. You don't have to stop to reposition the mouse.

Exactly.. that, and a Joystick is more steady.. and you can up the sensitivity if you want.

Well what do you expect.. of course you won't be "used to it".... dee-dee-dee...

You need to GET used to it.. it might take a day or so, but it is 10X better in the long run.

Comment

Working...
                              X