No announcement yet.

Any bets on when BF3 will be announced?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any bets on when BF3 will be announced?

Ok with previous games such as BFV and BF2, it takes the Dice team almost no time after the release of a game to announce the next one. With 2142 going to be a total flop like BFV, how long do you guys think it will be until BF3 is announced and what will BF3 be?

My guess is within 2 weeks of release we will get some sort of "leaked" SS or trailer and BF3 will be back to WW2.

Re: Any bets on when BF3 will be announced?

As long as we don't get Battlefield: Bad Company, I can wait years for the next sequel after BF2142, which I won't buy.

A Battlefield game that takes place during the 1980 - 1990 would be nice, familiar weapons and vehicles we all know today along with other weapons and vehicles that has long retired from service.

Comment

First, BF 2142 is expected to sell amazingly like BF2.

Second, BF1942 and BFV are of the same game engine. BF2 and BF 2142 are of the same engine. However these two pairs of no connection to each other in game engines. What does this mean? It takes time to develop new game engines. When BF2142 is released, expect no new PC game annoucement from DICE. Its going to take them another year or so until they can develop a better, newer engine for DX10. As much as EA would love to release game after game, DICE simply can not keep up.

Remember, BF 1942 was released in 2002, BFV was released in 2004. Who knos, maybe the next BF series game for PC wont be out until 2008. I certinaly hope so.

Comment

My bet:

November 18th, 2006

Comment

Taking bets on which will come first: BF3 or the definitive patch that will make BF2142 bug-free. j/k

It's anybody's guess on what the theme for BF3 will be. Another modern combat theme would seem redundant, but it might be far enough after BF1942 to make a WWII theme cool in a retro/nostalgic sort of way. I wouldn't rule out Cold War theme (what I imagine BK means) too quick though.

Comment

eh .. who cares

Comment

It's gone gold and they're taking pre-orders, no it's not BF2142 i'm talking about they slipped a whole new one under the radar whilst you lot were complaining about the colour of the grass in Fushe pass.

Comment

TECHNICALLY Bf2142 is bf3 :P

Comment

Originally posted by KrayboX
                  TECHNICALLY Bf2142 is bf3 :P
                  no. by that logic, technically BF:Vietnam is BF2

Comment

Originally posted by EC-Paulus-
                    First, BF 2142 is expected to sell amazingly like BF2.

Second, BF1942 and BFV are of the same game engine. BF2 and BF 2142 are of the same engine.
                    BF42 and BFV are not built on the same engine: Some of the major differences include:

BFV included tunneling (working after the 1.2 patch), which was impossible with the BF42 engine.
                    BFV included under and over-growth which again was impossible to do with the BF42 engine.
                    BFV included target tracking for missles and rockets (heat seakers) which again was impossible for the BF42 engine.
                    BFV included flag capture notification, which was not possible with BF42...

The list could go on, but I think that would be a waste... While BF2 and BF2142 are based on the same engine, they will be two completely different games.

As for BF3... I am not a betting man, but rest assured that once they get the money out of BF2142, an announcement will be made about the new and "better" BF game.... more than likely BF4142 since the WWII and Modern Warefare games market is flooded with the likes of CoD, CoD2, America's Army, Joint Operations, BF (entire series and mods), Brothers in Arms, etc., etc., etc., they likelihood of another modern.past warfare game taking any of the current market share will be unlikely.

Comment

BF:V if I recall correctly was an updated engine from BF42 which makes all those extra things possible. BF2142 is updated form of the BF2 engine as well. Anyone confirm this?

Comment

Originally posted by Advis
                        It's gone gold and they're taking pre-orders, no it's not BF2142 i'm talking about they slipped a whole new one under the radar whilst you lot were complaining about the colour of the grass in Fushe pass.
                        That's just simply a lie.

I think the grass of FuShe pass is just perfect!

~Wolfgang

Comment

Originally posted by Radar-C}{G-
                          BF42 and BFV are not built on the same engine: Some of the major differences include:
                          actually it is the same engine.

the only thing different as far as engines is an updated rendering engine in BFV. All the of features explained are minor tweaks to the bf:42 engine. Desert Combat had tunnels. DCX had guided missiles. (insert vientnam mod name here) had under/overgrowth.

Comment

Originally posted by scknight
                            BF:V if I recall correctly was an updated engine from BF42 which makes all those extra things possible. BF2142 is updated form of the BF2 engine as well. Anyone confirm this?
                            To say the BFV engine was rework of the BF42 engine is like saying the combustion engine was a rework of the classic steam engine. The BFV engine was a new engine from ground the up. If you had done any serious map development in either of the Battlecraft tools for the two games, you would know that they did not work together at all.

I am not trying to be troublesome, just want to get some facts straight.

Comment

who's to say they're not already working on it, doesn't mean they're coding atm but can be comming up with new engine requirments/vista/dx10/agia or nvidia physics etc...

Comment

Working...
                              X