Autohotkey banned by Punkbuster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autohotkey banned by Punkbuster

In the last few days I keep getting kicked by Punkbuster while running Autohotkey.
    Can anyone confirm that this program is now not allowed?

Cheers,

Zebs

Re: Autohotkey banned by Punkbuster

People have been complaining about scripts and auto keys prior to the last patch. Maybe they listened...

Problems are people using scripts and hot keys to
    -fire in burst using single shot for better accuracy
    -prone hopping
    and other stuff giving them an edge which is viewed unfavorable among some in the BF comnmunity.

Comment

Its against the ROE to use ANY Third Party Program, any at all.

They did mention the implementation of some sort of counter to disable macro devices/programs, looks like they did, WOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Comment

Yay, no more prone-spamming noobs.

Comment

many have complained about the Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard. I wonder if that's been banned as well??

Comment

That sucks, I was thinking about getting it to use for chat :/

Comment

Originally posted by eastcoasthandle
              many have complained about the Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard. I wonder if that's been banned as well??
              Hope so.that keyboards a load of snot.

:Sir. Xodus: - Great avatar

Comment

The program has legitimate uses as well, but oh well. If they get rid of JoytoKey or Teamspeak then I'll be pissed.

Comment

IF this stops lame dolphin divers **** prone instant assholes then im fine with it.

Comment

Macros are actually against EA's Terms of service.

Comment

Originally posted by moltenblack
                      Hope so.that keyboards a load of snot.

:Sir. Xodus: - Great avatar
                      If they'll do that I am going to burn the CD (Case included) I got a G15 but I don't do anything with it like prone uber actions or something. I don't even use if for BF2 only the LCD I use the macros for Forums, Firefox and Teamspeak

If they ban it then do it on macros not on the Keyboard itself.

Comment

Originally posted by KMT
                        If they'll do that I am going to burn the CD (Case included) I got a G15 but I don't do anything with it like prone uber actions or something. I don't even use if for BF2 only the LCD I use the macros for Forums, Firefox and Teamspeak

If they ban it then do it on macros not on the Keyboard itself.
                        That depends, if you have the keyboard simply plugged in no program, that shouldn't be a problem. If you have the software installed...that's another story. G15 doesn't need software in order for it to be recognized by XP
                        Be that as it may, we have to wait and see if you are kicked for using it with software installed and enabled. Again, I am not sure however it's against TOS to use autos or macros

Comment

It would be good if people were instantly hardware banned if using the G15 Software whilst playing BF2. I am really against macro-guys since the game should be fair.

But if they ban the Keyboard really I'm going to be pissed..

Comment

Originally posted by KMT
                            It would be good if people were instantly hardware banned if using the G15 Software whilst playing BF2. I am really against macro-guys since the game should be fair.

But if they ban the Keyboard really I'm going to be pissed..
                            I don't think it's possible to outlaw a keyboard. However, if your windows task manager has anything G15 related running in the fore/back ground that's subject to interpretation. IE what's the program for, how is it normally used, etc. If it's macro or auto related then the answer is obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by KMT
                              It would be good if people were instantly hardware banned if using the G15 Software whilst playing BF2..
                              thats the stupidist statement I've ever heard. your going to ban someone from every game that uses punkbuster past, present and future because of what keyboard software they have?
                              "Crunch's First Officer"
                              twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Working...
                              X