IO and Your Thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: IO and Your Thoughts...

So I logged in to play some IO the last couple nights and decided to go straight for the worst, 24/7 Karkand IO. Yeah, there was a cluster-bleep near Hotel, but no worse then any non-IO game. If you looked at the map, you also noticed that most of the player taking part in the 'nade-orgy weren't in squads either.

Everyone else, was in a squad, moving together, trying to cap flags, and generally doing team oriented stuff. Yes, medic and support were more frequent, but I saw no shortage of assault or spec-ops. Even AT, Eng was the only class I never saw, which is to be expected.

With no armor to come rolling in and spoil the party, every flag was a battle. Some great firefights for Market and Suburbs, something I haven't seen in vBF2 in a while.

No Arty was great also. Made it feel like flag defense meant something again too because you couldn't count on your commander to drop it on a flag the minute it went neutral.

I then went on to try maps I previosly hated, namely Wake and Cleansweep. Cleansweep ended before I could really get into the action, but Wake was a lot of fun. MUCH easier for the USMC to get on land. And without vehicles, most of the fighting naturally centered around the airfield. This meant you saw the Chinese playing a cat-n-mouse game with the USMC as you could never be sure which side of island to expect them to spawn on. We (Chinese) got capped out a couple times, but everytime, one guy managed to live and cap a flag. By the time they figured out where that one guy was, the flag was neutral already.

I did notice that my points were higher then vBF2, but not the obscene levels some people are reporting seeing. If IO becomes the preferred stat padders mode, more power to them. Worry less about what other people are doing, and play the game so you have fun, IMO.

Comment

• Re: IO and Your Thoughts...

Infanty is my deal. As a newer player BF2 edicate says : STAY AWAY FROM THE PLANES, HELICOPTERS, APC's, and TANKS. Noobs learn this. It is pretty bleeping hilarious watching a couple of folks fight over a chopper or a plane. :laugh:

Comment

Working...
      X