Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

will you still play battlefield2 after battlefield 2142 is released?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: will you still play battlefield2 after battlefield 2142 is relesed?

Shouldn't this be in the other total place???

I will be playing BF2 untill crysis.....I've palyed enough Mec games in the past.

BF2142 just looks like a money grab for something old by EA to me, I know EA are involved with Crysis but at least it will be something new.

Comment

will be playing bf2 untill i find something that grabs me better and that will probally be sometime into 2007 and will deffinatly not be 2142

Comment

The funny thing is, i bet half the people in this thread who said they aren't going to buy 2142 will actually buy it. Sad, but true.

Comment

I will still play battlefield 2, futuristic games and EA don't go what so ever, so I will not buy it

The funny thing is, i bet half the people in this thread who said they aren't going to buy 2142 will actually buy it. Sad, but true.
          I agree, its ture

Comment

I am sure BF2142 will be a raving success, suckers are born every minute j/k, but I will not be contributing to it's success. I still have years of Bf2 time to put in. I played BF42 until last winter which gave me over three years of value... I am only wrapping up on my first year of actually playing BF2 (I bought it summer 2005, but didn't play much until Feb of this year).

I will remain a fan of BF2 until there are virtually no servers left, just as I was with BF42 and MOHAA. That isn't going to be me "hiding behind my fingers" as a closet BF2142 fan as Snipers so eloquently put it, that is going to be me voting with my wallet.

Comment

I wont be buying it (Unless the beta gets a whole lot better and the Demo is off the hook) Theres to many mods coming for BF2 to want to start some new "Future" crap. I have logged about 20Hrs in the 2142 Test and while its stability is better, gameplay is less than good and even graphically its got a long way to go. I think Ill be waiting until at least the 2nd patch after retail before buying.

F The NDA and the BandWagon.

Comment

i've already stopped playing bf2

Comment

dont plan on buying 2142. so, yes definetly.

Comment

BF2142 should be a expantion pack for BF2 and not a stand alone game. Is the same engine. They could just add the changes to the engine in another patch just like they do with every booster or expantion.

EA is stealing bf2 owners money if you buy bf2142 with an engine you already have. They are reselling the same engine. Anyway if people want to be noob's and pay money for something they already have, go ahead be a noob.

I would stay with bf2 and all the MOds with new free content and their own stat system for free. So if people want to give more money to EA go ahead keep feeding EA so they keep selling us crappy unfinished software.

The only thing I will buy from EA would be the next bf3 with a new engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pmosh
                      BF2142 should be a expantion pack for BF2 and not a stand alone game. Is the same engine. They could just add the changes to the engine in another patch just like they do with every booster or expantion.

EA is stealing bf2 owners money if you buy bf2142 with an engine you already have. They are reselling the same engine. Anyway if people want to be noob's and pay money for something they already have, go ahead be a noob.

I would stay with bf2 and all the MOds with new free content and their own stat system for free. So if people want to give more money to EA go ahead keep feeding EA so they keep selling us crappy unfinished software.

The only thing I will buy from EA would be the next bf3 with a new engine.
                      I agree with you 100%. However, you can’t blame EA for selling games, after all that’s what they do. Blame the people acknowledging all the problems with bf2, yet they’re willing to run out and buy more of their crap.

And here is BF3 for ya http://www.24hour.dk/flash/funny-fla...efield-III.htm
                      Looks better than bf2, at least no CTD :laugh:

Comment

I'll try to demo first before buying BF2142. But if I buy it, I probably won't play BF2 as much.

Comment

played the closed beta, didn't even bother downloading the open beta, won't be buying the game, BF2 FTW..

Comment

O.. yaaa>!!!! i dont think ill get 2142 havent decied im waiting for patch 1.4 that wont ever come out

Comment

when they stop supporting ranks and stats for BF2, i suspect BF2 will be much better than 2142......and i hope this happens sooner rather than later....

i think stats have totally destroyed what BF2 has tried to be, and ranked servers being setup to adhere to the ROE make things alot less interesting.....once server admins can do whatever they want to gameplay, it would be like an all new game.....

ide like to see how BF2 turns out without ranked support before turning to 2142.....tho im not into futuristic gameplay

Comment

no i wont

Comment

Working...
                                X